Thread: SHBG question.

gregnb is offline New Member

SHBG question.

A good amount of our total test is bound to SHBG so I was wondering has anyone stumbled upon anything that could unbind and release some of it as free testosterone ? The only drug I've seen so far is proviron ..

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    That's the only one I've seen as well

JohnnyB

LAWNSAVER is offline Associate Member
    Winny reduces the total amount of SHBG, Proviron has a great affinity to bind to the SHBG then test does, Avena Sativa( only www.beyond-a-century.com has the potent extract needed), will free up more test, and Nettle Root( from B-A-C) will bind to the SHBG and help with prostate function.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Llewellyn states in Anabolics 2002 that Proviron and Winny make good additions to a stack because they "have a profound impact on SHBG (sex hormone-binding globin)... this effect would provide a greater percentage of free (unbound) steroid hormone in the body... [which] could increase the potency of a concurrently used steroid."

gregnb is offline New Member
    Ok, so now my real question is does Avena Sativa and Nettle root actually work? I'm only 18 years old so there no need for me to take winny or anything since I have a high overall test. I'm just looking for some sort of 'herb' or supplement that could possibly result in more free test

KIMBLE is offline Junior Member
    tell you the truth, it ain't gonna work. even priviron(if you look it up) is too weak to bind to the SHBG. so the question is no. once the key in in the lock, and you open the safe, the money is yours. i hope you get my point.

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWNSAVER View Post
    Winny reduces the total amount of SHBG, Proviron has a great affinity to bind to the SHBG then test does, Avena Sativa( only www.beyond-a-century.com has the potent extract needed), will free up more test, and Nettle Root( from B-A-C) will bind to the SHBG and help with prostate function.
    Ran search and came across this old thread.....does anyone have any experience with this vendor??? I'm looking for potent Avena Sativa(this place does seem to have a potent ratio of 20:1 bulk if possible..... for year round SHBG control....proviron works (winny is even better during cycle) but I cant take it year round....I think my SHBG is due to ADD meds??

Thread Information