Sanjuro is offline New Member

Talking Bodybuilding program report

Hi there,
    The last time I wrote a letter to the message board, which was four weeks ago, I basically gave you an outline of my bodybuilding intentions. To sum up, my plan was to concentrate on nutrition first before moving on to weight lifting and then finally steroids , that way it wouldn't be too much of strain on me figuring out where my weak areas are. Although it's still a long way from perfect, if such a thing exists, I have gained 13 pounds in just three weeks. Obviously not 13 pounds of muscle, but for a hard gainer like me that is still pretty impressive. Now that I am eating enough, I am ready to start weightlifting as well.

1) My only concern is that much of my added mass has accumulated around my stomach area, would this pose a problem if I wanted to, say, build up my biceps or my leg muscles? In otherwords, for me to succeed in the world of amateur bodybuilding, must I have the sort of body that distributes the weight equally?

2) Is it worth taking Whey Protein? How many calories are in 60 gram serving? How much does it cost?

3)When is the best time to start taking roids? Should I be weight training for a few months beforehand? One thing is for certain, I am not the sort who will put on muscle easily, so steroids is a MUST.

4) How often should I train? I keep hearing mix stories about this. Some think that training 5- 6 days a week is the only effective means of bulking up, while others say that will only harm your chances of bodybuilding success and with only 3 to 4 times a week you will see better results.

My goal is to reach 205 - 210 pounds, the ideal weight for someone with a 6ft frame, and as I have no reservations about taking on fat as well as muscle, with a bit of luck, hard work and drugs, I could quite possibly do it.

Sanjuro
    "The man with a plan"

Last edited by Sanjuro; 12-28-2002 at 05:13 AM.

hammerhead is offline Member
    Sanjuro - stop for a minute - how do you KNOW you need juice when you're new to the gym? You haven't spent any time in the gym and don't even know what to do when you're there - and you already know you need steroids ? That's like my 3-year-old nephew telling me he knows he'll have to do steroids one day because he's small for his age. Give me a break. Spend some time in the gym - a few years - and then make a decision on steroids. I'm not trying to flame you but your conclusion is absurd to those of us who already have invested years in the gym. You'll be amazed at what the right nutrition and the right routine will do for you!

I was 6 feet tall and weighed 125lbs when I started lifting weights. I thought for sure I would have to do steroids to get anywhere. I made it quite a ways naturally. How much do you weight now? How old are you anyway?

First - get your diet right. If you gained 13 pounds in 3 weeks you don't sound like a hard-gainer to me. You sure as hell didn't gain much muscle so yes you did gain body fat. You're definitely not eating the right stuff. You must eat lean and work out hard. If you just eat like a pig then you'll stack on body fat.

Second - get the routine down. You've got to figure out what works best for you - everyone is different.

Spend some time on the internet - study diets and routines. To answer your questions :
    1) get the diet right and hit the gym - you'll do fine
    2) yes - hit the protein hard
    3) ask us again in a few years
    4) start out easy - 4 days a week is plenty until you know your body a little better

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Im sorry but you have to be kidding with this thread.
    13 lbs in 3 weeks (no training before or during the eating)= 13lbs of lard.
    Sure now go and hit the gym so you can get rid of that 13lbs of fat.
    Bro dont even think about sauce now. Like hammerhead said, ask us in a few years about juice.

Sanjuro is offline New Member
    Putting on 13 pounds of "lard" might sound like a sin to many people here, but I was underweight to begin with.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    The dude asked for help not for critics.

1. the obvious answer is, yes. You don't want that beachball for a stomach to be the center of attention. Of course that beachball will not interfere(spelled) with you builing up your legs and arms. There are alot of muscley beachballs floating around this board me included.

But from what i gather right now you are just a no muscle beachball.

2.Yes it is worth it. However you do not need 60 grms in one serving. Slash that to about 20-30 grms a serving. Whey protein is pretty cheap if you don't buy muscletech Go to allsportsnutrition. 10 pnd bag for cheap It will last you a lifetime.

3. You do not need roids right now, you will find that once you get serious about your training that you will have great natural gains. Mine lasted for about 2 yrs Gained about 40-50 pounds in 2 yrs (give or take, alot of those gains were in the first "serious" year) not amazing, but i impressed myself. And i lost about 20lbs fat. When i hit my first platou(about 3 pounds in 4 months) i took 4 weeks off. Did wonders too. Then when you feel that you need assistance with your gains roids will be someting to think about, but not now bro. Use your natural growth potential while you can.

4. The answer to this question will vary in many way bro. Many people have their own ways of training that they feel benefit them in the greatest ways. I train 5 days a week with weekends off. I have been doing this for the past 3 yrs. I feel i have not done too bad doing it. Im actually thinking about working each body part once every 5 days now with 0 days off. Just to see how and what the effects are. If i see good results i will stick with it, i don't i will change back to my old routine. You need to outline a routine, present and present it to the board for feedback if you are not sure about it.

You are looking for the easy way out.. Stop being a pussy and get serious about the HARD WORK! Hardwork means having to make a sacrifice if you are not willing to do so then pack your bags and go back home. BTY I DON'T THINK 210 IS THE IDEAL WEIGHT FOR A PERSON WITH A 6FT FRAME. :UNSURE:

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    there are mixed messages about training because everyone trains differently.....one commonality between all the different type of training people do is that they ultiimately push themselves really really heavy and really really hard

the most important thing for a beginner to do is to establish something he/she is comfortable with and stick with it and make your trianing schedual a habit first

as for how many times you should be training....feel it out if you wake up and you feel tired give yourself permission to take a break

whey protein or any protein supp for that matter is used to get enough protein into your diet to meet your daily allotment...if you are getting enough protein through your meals.....why use it right?

keep an open mind bud

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Sanjuro
    Putting on 13 pounds of "lard" might sound like a sin to many people here, but I was underweight to begin with.
    13lbs of "lard" sound like a sin in YOUR case because you packed on so much fat unecessarily....you wern't lifting so ALL of the 13pounds is "lard" you know how long it is to strip 13lbs of "lard" while preserving your muscle mass? it took me almost 7 weeks

lard you cannot flex....muscle you can.....

im getting the idea in your post that you think fat can be converted into muscle IE...more fat in your arms and legs will equal more muscle in your arms and legs

Thread Information