dankduke is offline Junior Member

anyone takenthe ACE Personal Training TeST?

hey i know this is in the wrong spot wbut there are PT's here and probably taken this test and i wanted to get their opinion...im planning on taking the ACE in february and was wodneing how much preperation time is needed and how hard the test is and was for you to take and any pointers you might have to succed better at it...

thanks dankduke

bump

Prot is offline Banned
    I took it 6 years ago and passed but it was hard. Need to know the book and especially the cardio stuff and program setups. At that time only 60% were passing. Just review the book a lot and know how to figure out the cardio ranges in every way they put in the book.

Incidently, I took 2 and 1/2 hours and was the first one done. Didnt look up for that whole time.

danm im fuckin scared now...

shorty2big is offline Member
    I took it in '97. It was a difficult test and it did take a long time. I think at the time they said that 70% were passing the test the first time. If you just make sure you know you book, you will be fine.

babi is offline Associate Member
    where do you get the book?and how much does it cost in canada?one more thing how long do you guys think should one study to pass this test?(if the person has an average iq that is)

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I've taken it and I think what made it difficult for myself, and probably for the rest of you, is that a fair amount of what is considered "correct" by the testmakers frequently runs counter-intuitive to what we "know" as avid bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. John Maynard Keynes, for example, failed the economics portion of the british civil service exam if you can believe that one...and i suspect the same logic applies here. Just empty your cup, accept everything in that book as dogmatic truth no matter what your experiences and instincts tell you and you'll be fine.

thanks big green m,akes sense too

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by shorty2big
    If you just make sure you know you book, you will be fine.
    Exactly.

Good luck bro.

D

sd11 is offline Banned
    Hey Dan I took the test the last time it was offered and I found it pretty easy, but that was after buying the book, study guide, and practice test. You can order them as a package off their website for like 70 or 80 bucks.

Thread Information