Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ranging1

Thread: Does gear cause sleeping problems?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Does gear cause sleeping problems?

I'm just asking this cause the last 3 or 4 nights I haven't been sleeping well. I've been tossing and turning and having the craziest dreams I've ever had. I remember someone asking a while ago how I've been sleeping so I'm just curious if some people have issues with sleeping while on gear. I'm doing a Test C only cycle at 500mg/week. I'm on my 5th week and I'm starting to see a lot of results. I'm just curious if I'm going to be struggling with sleep for the rest of the cycle or if it is temporary or completely unrelated.

Thanks,
    Pete

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    there are several threads in regards to gear causing sleep problems so YES.

slugtastic is offline Associate Member
    haha the test is starting to work properly, those dreams are great hey... some get pretty violent(well mine do) i find chamomile tea helps, but that could be in my head....

HAHA the Dreams are absolutely NUTS!!!! Mine are VERY violent where I'm a frigen Ninja and I'm cutting people in half with a sword crazy!!!! LMAO Hopefully, the sleeping issues will get better because I'm def. one that loves his sleep.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    ARE you injecting yourself at night? that did it to me a few years back then i switched to morning injections. But either way the answer is yes. Try also some catnip tea or take a Tylenol pm at night.

Will it eventually go away and will I be able to sleep normal again? Or, will I just have to struggle thru this for the rest of the cycle? I'm injecting on Sunday Morning and Wed. evening. I doubt the time of day would really matter because this is a fairly long ester.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It does seem like there is a connection between gear and sleep, clearly by so many threads being started regarding this subject, not sure why it happens but try some OTC meds.

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    gravol will help...helps me when i cant sleep.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its through androgenic steroids mainly

just becuase their function increases aggression and male characteristics

IMO, and im sure alot of people will agree with this, the feeling that steroids give u, (ill call it invincibility) will effect ur sleep

i mean i rock up to the gym atm, and i just wanna rip the dumbell in half lol

anyways its seems the trend anyways, high androgenic steroids like trenbelone have been shwon to cause sleeping issues

ur using test, which is also fairly androgenic
    also i think the huge sex drive from test effects ur sleep, i mean i personally cant get to sleep atm without rooting my gf twice, and then having 2 pulls after that (use to be 4 roots but misses wasnt getting enough sleep so shes limited me to 2 on weekdays

weekends i get 4 , sleep great aswell
    ProStatus likes this.

Silat50 is offline New Member

Testosterone doesnt help me sleep better or worse

Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post

IMO, and im sure alot of people will agree with this, the feeling that steroids give u, (ill call it invincibility) will effect ur sleep

anyways its seems the trend anyways, high androgenic steroids like trenbelone have been shwon to cause sleeping issues

also i think the huge sex drive from test effects ur sleep, i mean i personally cant get to sleep atm without rooting my gf twice, and then having 2 pulls after that (use to be 4 roots but misses wasnt getting enough sleep so shes limited me to 2 on weekdays

Guys

Im 53, and have had problems both getting asleep and staying asleep for over 25 yrs. I was really hoping that 500ml per week of sustanon and 30mg dbol per day would not only make me need less sleep, but if I got less sleep I would still be motivated to tear the iron apart at the gym.This is the most gear Ive ever done in my life. I must confess that after 13 weeks of my cycle, I dont have any more desire to get to the gym, I sleep way too much(over 12 hrs daily) and I still need a prescription Ambien pill every night to get to sleep, tiny increase in sex drive. And yes, Ive been having some very weird dreams that make me wake up depressed. (That could be the melatonin Ive tried for insomnia at 6-12mg. nightly so thats gone!) I really thought that with this much gear in me I wopuld feel so much better, so much more alive, but althopugh Ive gained 15 pounds, I dont feel any more energy nor have any more endurance. Sustanon250 twice a week is what Im doing. I just did my last 750 all at once today and if theres no big difference, Im done with it once and for all. Why risk my health at my age if I dont even feel better. And Im trying DHEA, Rhodiola extract,Tribulus,Dim and Adrenal support supplements. No help.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silat50 View Post
    Guys

Im 53, and have had problems both getting asleep and staying asleep for over 25 yrs. I was really hoping that 500ml per week of sustanon and 30mg dbol per day would not only make me need less sleep, but if I got less sleep I would still be motivated to tear the iron apart at the gym.This is the most gear Ive ever done in my life. I must confess that after 13 weeks of my cycle, I dont have any more desire to get to the gym, I sleep way too much(over 12 hrs daily) and I still need a prescription Ambien pill every night to get to sleep, tiny increase in sex drive. And yes, Ive been having some very weird dreams that make me wake up depressed. (That could be the melatonin Ive tried for insomnia at 6-12mg. nightly so thats gone!) I really thought that with this much gear in me I wopuld feel so much better, so much more alive, but althopugh Ive gained 15 pounds, I dont feel any more energy nor have any more endurance. Sustanon250 twice a week is what Im doing. I just did my last 750 all at once today and if theres no big difference, Im done with it once and for all. Why risk my health at my age if I dont even feel better. And Im trying DHEA, Rhodiola extract,Tribulus,Dim and Adrenal support supplements. No help.
    First of all, ditch the tribulus, it's useless. What are you taking for estrogen control? And have you ever had your sleep observed? My guess would be that you might be suffering from sleep apnea. Since you just stopped your sustanon injections, you're going to be feeling low-test symptoms which might add to the sleep problem you're experiencing.

What do you have lined up for your PCT?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    4 year old thread..............

Interesting....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Antonious is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silat50 View Post
    Guys

25 years of sleeping problem is a lot, natural products probably wont cut it. HGH makes you sleep like a baby.. But it's expensive.

ProStatus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post

LoL - limited to 2 on weekdays, and 4 on weekends. That's funny stuff brother!!

good guess king, I do have sleep apnea. Unfortunately the cpap machine does nothing and there is no further help they can give me after diagnosing it 13 yrs ago, long before I went back to gear..Andf my last sleep study showed nothing bas they always do the sleep study when im not tired. My pct? Im on 25mg prov. starting last week as i gave my last injec. 2 days ago and i have enough for 4 weeks, I never got any sides ever,and back in my old days we just cut the gear down slowly for a month at the end of our cycle as we didnt have pct's then. All this crap I hear about nov. rebound and stuff....hey I would go ape sh&t if after never getting sides, i felt sides from the crap that prevent the sides!!!! ha!(they wont let me use any medication words)

But why arent I feeling good from what im on now??? this last 750mg is gonna peak in 2 weeks from now. I actually feel a bit more muscular after 3 days on 750 is the dose of my next cycle minus the dbol . But to me, any testosterone addition should make me feel more vigorous, epsecially in bed. It doesnt at all. It just increases my desire in my head! Thats messed up. lol

So prov and i guess i might have 1 or 2 more 250's i could scrounge up for my post cycle pct along with the prov but im old school. if it aint broke, dont fix it. Now if i ever go over 1000mg, that might be different. I guess im unlucky in the muscle making dept...but very lucky in what my body does or doesnt do with estrogen.

QUESTION: IS ANYONE ON SUSTANON OR SIMILAR TESTOSTERONE AT 750 WEEKLY OR MORE AND USING NO PCT AND DOING OK JUST BY CUTTING DOWN SLOWLY? Im just not going to risk gyno from a rebound of either a serm or an AI. (Im just flabbergasted with all the extra red blood cells I must have niow, how i cant be MR. Stamina and endurance, I have no clue. I can even see my blood is darker and thicker when I pin myself. Im amazed that my first cycle in 30 yrs and 500ml weekly is not enough. I need 750. Next cycle I guess. I hope I get some good gains from these last 2 weeks. -) Dont make me start taking 100mg dbol a day! lol

Actually I wanted to transition from just bodybuilding to getting back into martial arts,but I took 2 classes from 2 different schools and almost puked both times due to running out of air. I really thought Id go back to feeling 34 again instead of 54.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm just asking this cause the last 3 or 4 nights I haven't been sleeping well. I've been tossing and turning and having the craziest dreams I've ever had. I remember someone asking a while ago how I've been sleeping so I'm just curious if some people have issues with sleeping while on gear. I'm doing a Test C only cycle at 500mg/week. I'm on my 5th week and I'm starting to see a lot of results. I'm just curious if I'm going to be struggling with sleep for the rest of the cycle or if it is temporary or completely unrelated.

Thanks,
    Pete

It can stimulate the CNS which can disturb sleep,,,so in a nut shell.. YES,,alot is dosage/particular AAS related.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Silat50...Man your thinking old school. Tapering dosages, no AI and no PCT. I'm 52 and been on TRT for almost 20 years. I'm basically blasting and cruising now so I don't need to run PCT. But I'd never consider blasting high doses without an AI. Go get some bw done bro. There's no need to feel that bad on a cycle. You probably need to donate some blood to get the RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit back in check too. If that's high you'll be feeling bad.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    I started a thread like this 2 years ago i felt like i was not sleeping but i would wake up fine fully rested i used melatonin and tea

600, your not the first guy ive heard talk about that...the donating blood thing. I think I will give it a try and lets see what happens. thx!

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm not saying steroids cannot cause insomnia, obviously this is a possible side effect with things like Tren but I do think a lot of stuff like this is in people's head more than anything else. You have low testosterone guys who have problems sleeping. While insomnia isn't one of the most common symptoms of lowT it is a symptom. Then the guy starts a TRT plan and the problems solved. Then you have a guy who starts a basic testosterone cycle, nothing crazy and he can't sleep. He'll talk about invincible feelings, wired, etc....it's more of a placebo effect then anything else.

Now certain steroids will affect everyone a little differently and some of the issues like this that many guys have often lessen as they become more and more accustomed to gear. It's not that their body adapts, it's simply they've begun to see steroids for what they really are, as in nothing super natural or mind altering.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. The information was very helpful. Thanks to the members that mentioned other threads containing information about AAS and sleep. Most of those threads were helpful also.

I think you hit it on the head,metal.Roids are No magic pill.(for the majority,anyway) FOR MY INSOMNIA AND LOW ENERGY, All I get suggested on other boards are go on low gluten, no wheat product based diets and take mega iodine for thyroid and I ve been thru that and 100x more and nothing helps. Ive even gone on raw food diets which leaves me weak.And so far, a few days into my first 750ml sust. dose, I feel no difference in energy although I seemed to have gained a bit of weight. Dont even feel like working out. Maybe after 30 yrs, your body tells you its time to do other things and we dont want to listen.

This is a good lesson for you younger guys: EVERY BODYBUILDER IS GOING TO SOONER OR LATER HAVE A LAST WORKOUT. YOU CAN EITHER DO IT WHEN YOUR BODY TELLS YOU IT HAD ENOUGH, OR YOU CAN BE A STUBBORN ASS LIKE ME AND KEEP FORCING YOURSELF AND WASTING MONEY ON THE LATEST PRODUCTS THAT MAKE OTHER PEOPLE RICH....You guys have been great. Thanks!

Thread Information