stinky is offline Associate Member

Question Liver protectants

I was going to run 10 weeks of a 17aa, and planned on running Milk Thistle, and Alpha Lipotic Acid, each at 1,000mg.Shit is so expensive everywhere I looked, was wodering if anyone knew any places i could get this stuff cheap...

-Stinky

TheRequiem is offline Junior Member
    An organic grocery store!

Preetz is offline Associate Member
    ummmmm u can buy a discount card at Gnc for like 10 bucks and u can buy anything and recive 20 % off. the card is good for 1 full year. hope that helps.
    Preetz

not really, ive had one of them damn gold card for 4 years even with that, their shit is way expensive compared to smaller shops...I priced the ala and milk thisle out at gnc, and to run it with their prices it would cost the same as a 10wk Var cycle....

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    I got rala and tyler liver detox pretty reasonable at shit I forgot but I have posted it in one of my old posts so you can maybe find it there.

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    if you get r-ALA you will only need 300mg a day for liver protection. Tyler's i good stuff. NAC is a nice cheap and effective liver protectants, you can get 60 600mg caps for like 14 bucks, one 600mg cap a day is enough.

Milk Thistle is good, but it wont do shit to protect you agains 17aa, its more like somehting you take year round just for liver health. So no need to go over board on it.

You can get Tylers and r-ALA at www.anabolicfitness.com and NAC at any supplement shop.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Milk thistle is $8.50 for 180 one-gram softgels at
    www.puritanspride.com
    Alpha Lipoic Acid $14.70 for 100 two-hundred mg softgels.
    Saw palmetto is $4.80 for 90 one-gram softgels.
    Free shipping on orders over $40. Dunno how their quality compares to other companies, but I've been using their stuff for 20+ years and I ain't dead yet . . . relatively decent prices on most stuff, though, especially compared to GNC.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Anyone like liv.52?

What is the dif between r-ala and just ala?

Some will say ALA (A mix of r and s-ala) is weaker than just r-ALA, because s-ALA is mostly useless, not natural and can give you ALA gut. Dunno about all that. But heres what I do know for sure: when I first took ALA, I noticed I would break out in real bad hives. when I switched to r-ALA even at equal or greater doses, I was just fine. So if you find youself having an allergic reaction to normal ALA, then give r-ALA a shot, you'll find its muchkinder on your system.

Originally posted by Warrior
    Anyone like liv.52?

Have heard nothing but positive things about Liv.52. I have even seen some studies posted on the boards showing actual medical evidance that the stuff works. Ive never tried it myself though.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    hitmeoff, I know how to get it in pretty cheap - but is it an OTC product that can be bought off the black market.

I believe its perfectly fine to import it. Theres nothing illegal in it. Ive never seen it in any supplement shop, but its certainly not a controlled substance. I know of at lewast once good source who carries it.

Red5 is offline Associate Member
    Liv 52 is a herbal supplement and 100% legal otc, but is hard to find and can be expensive.Does anyone know where to get it?

ulter is offline Associate Member
    The AF store
    Has Tyler and r-ALA and there is nothing better for your liver than those two.

Iceburg is offline Junior Member

Re: Liver protectants

Originally posted by stinky
    I was going to run 10 weeks of a 17aa, and planned on running Milk Thistle, and Alpha Lipotic Acid, each at 1,000mg.Shit is so expensive everywhere I looked, was wodering if anyone knew any places i could get this stuff cheap...

-Stinky
    www.anabolical.com has both cheap

Thanks guys, I hope this thread can help out more bros. than just me.
    -Stinky

there is no definitive answer on whether r-ala or ala is better for the liver. Though evidence does lean toward r-ala. Both are good.

with respect to insulin , minimization of fat deposition, and fat loss.. only r-ala has been shown to decrease plasma insulin thus decrease fatty deposition of both fats and carbs.. as well as increasing the lipolytic window (faster glucose clearance with less insulin)

Thread Information