BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Students and Wayward Intellectuals

Okay, planning my cycle (upcoming) has constituted some of my most detailed planning to date...it's as if I'm waiting for Jupiter and Saturn to become aligned with mercury, etc, etc. For real, though, I have a HUGE test looming in what would be mid-cycle (give or take). As I've noticed a good amount of students posting here in the past, as well as some intelligent bros, I'm wondering if anyone would care to comment on exactly how a cycle (mine will be test enan and deca ) affected their intellect, logical ability, etc. This test means a whole lot to me, so I'm willing to structure my cycle around it if need be. Of course, i'm aware I don't want to be coming off when the test rolls around since I'm assuming the pyschological shit will carry over to intellectual ability. Hell, i'm even thinking the pumped up attitude might help? Anyway, ANY insight is greatly appreciated.

Biznatch is offline Junior Member
    I had that exact same worry not long ago, BigGreen, being a student myself. I have not taken many cycles, and am always a little worried about how the next one will effect me, whether it be physically, mentally, etc. A few months ago I was taking a test enan/EQ cycle, which I started at the beginning of the fall semester. I had never taken any test before and was quite worried about what the effects would be on my studies. You'll be happy to know that I exprienced no change in the difficulty of maintaining my grades. However, I was sometimes distracted in class, due to being a little more....well....just plain horny with all that test. However, it takes just a little more effort to get your mind out of the gutter and back to the matter at hand. Hope that helps out. Keep up that GPA bro!!

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    i'm also a student...my senior year...i am currenlty running a cycle...i had finals 2 weeks ago...all i did was just skipped the gym to study..trying to maintain a good balance between cycling and school is sometimes difficult..i had no problems this semester while cycling...i maintained a 3.5 and had no problems...you should be fine..just realize school comes first..and if you have to miss a workout don't worry...just don't miss your shot..the only problem i had was looking at all the hoties in the class room while trying to listen to the teacher..only thing is, with all that test...you never know what could pop up in class..lol....hope everything works out...Madmax..

DeepZenPill is offline New Member
    You might experience a bit of anxiety during the cycle which could hinder studies, but I'm sure you're already dealing with anxiety being a dartmouth student.

CarbonCopy is offline Member

Re: Students and Wayward Intellectuals

Originally posted by BigGreen
    Okay, planning my cycle (upcoming) has constituted some of my most detailed planning to date...it's as if I'm waiting for Jupiter and Saturn to become aligned with mercury, etc, etc. For real, though, I have a HUGE test looming in what would be mid-cycle (give or take). As I've noticed a good amount of students posting here in the past, as well as some intelligent bros, I'm wondering if anyone would care to comment on exactly how a cycle (mine will be test enan and deca) affected their intellect, logical ability, etc. This test means a whole lot to me, so I'm willing to structure my cycle around it if need be. Of course, i'm aware I don't want to be coming off when the test rolls around since I'm assuming the pyschological shit will carry over to intellectual ability. Hell, i'm even thinking the pumped up attitude might help? Anyway, ANY insight is greatly appreciated.
    BG, I've read some studies (which I don't want to dig up) that show test levels effect some peoples abilty to focus. What's good about that you ask? Well those same studies show that people with higher levels of T are actually able to focus better then people with lower levels of T. Futhermore, studies show that higher levels of T improve confidence, boldness, well-being and your abilty to deal with stress. IMO if you get adequate amounts of rest prior to taking your exams, with all the extra T in your system you might have the intellectual upper hand on your classmates. Good luck my friend!

CarbonCopy: glad to hear that...i'd somewhat suspected that might be the case but feel a lot better now that it's being empirically and anecdotally validated. I had hoped that the uber-confidence would translate from the gym to the classroom, but that was about the best I'd hoped for...very glad to hear about the focus thing.

DeepZenPill: You must be from New England, if not NH, right? I don't know of many people outside of NE who've heard of dartmouth...despite it's athletic conference association with yale, harvard, princeton, etc. I'm originally from Mass and most people, when they ask about school, assume I'm talking about UMass @ dartmouth (a town 'near' the cape).

Originally posted by BigGreen
    DeepZenPill: You must be from New England, if not NH, right? I don't know of many people outside of NE who've heard of dartmouth...despite it's athletic conference association with yale, harvard, princeton, etc. I'm originally from Mass and most people, when they ask about school, assume I'm talking about UMass @ dartmouth (a town 'near' the cape).
    No i'm not from New England, but it was kinda obvious with your avatar being your school crest and your name being BigGreen and all. Being at a school in the same conference in nyc I also had concerns about juice affecting me in school. Except I'm gonna be in the middle of my winny/EQ cycle during spring finals and EQ is known to cause anxiety, so I'll see how I handle it.

Dank1447 is offline Junior Member
    I am a senior student right now, graduating in may. Did first cycle which started at the beginning of the semester and finished in november. It proved to be my hardest and most challenging semester yet, and I maintained a 3.2 gpa and got screwed out of another A which would have brought my gpa to 3.45. Keep up the studies and you will be fine, it helped me do more work and go out less, if that helps. Good luck bro, btw I am planning a prop/tren cycle next semester.

Originally posted by Dank1447
    I am a senior student right now, graduating in may. Did first cycle which started at the beginning of the semester and finished in november. It proved to be my hardest and most challenging semester yet, and I maintained a 3.2 gpa and got screwed out of another A which would have brought my gpa to 3.45. Keep up the studies and you will be fine, it helped me do more work and go out less, if that helps. Good luck bro, btw I am planning a prop/tren cycle next semester.
    That's also another point, if you're on a cycle, if you're smart you're not gonna go out drinking and fucking around. You'll be on a more rigid schedule taking your gear and going to the gym. I found that once I got real serious about lifting and I stopped drinking to prepare for my cycle I was also in the mindset to get my work done.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I never had problem with it, I just graduated with a BBA in finance and a BA in econ, also minor in math. Now I am getting a MS in Comp Sci (part time) And no I am not trying to toot my own horn, but fuck it I worked damn hard for all that.. Only problem I had was that I wouldnt want to give up time training for school work, but I always put my cycles away from final time.

Pain,

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    whats with this ivy league crap. I am now at the Big Red place of cornell. Or as I like to say cornhell in shithaca, NY. I can relate to that Umass-dartmouth thing, too. I went to Umass, amherst for 5 years and all my relatives (who live in louisiana and mississippi) would think MIT. I'm like nooooo, not MIT Umass.

anyway, just giving a shout out to fellow ivy bros

humpymuscle is offline Junior Member
    Ivies in the house! Wassup people.

I'm in grad school now, and I definitely notice a difference in focus when I'm in class. Sometimes I have to think really hard to make decisions and I don't feel like my brain is working at 100%, especially after dbol . I would think if you're pumped all the time and holding water that it would slow circulation to the brain, but I'm not an expert. I'm definitely OFF when school starts, that's why I'm ON now...

jeffylyte: what has taken you to Ithacca? I'm looking at cornell as a possible law school choice (the LSAT is the big-ass test i was talking about in my original post)...mostly because dartmouth doesn't have a law school (yet they have the three other professional grad programs...engineering, business and medical) and I LOVE the atmosphere of the place, being tucked as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the world, but still with plenty to do as a "flagship" institution of higher learning; so I, perhaps prematurely, came to the conclusion that cornell might offer much of the same mix. Was I wrong about that? PM me if that kinda response would water down the thread.

To everyone: If you ask me, it's refreshing to see not only so many students, but students who are evidently serious and diligent about their studies on this board - it does a great deal (at least within the limited range of influence enjoyed by this board) to challenge the stereotypical construction of the musclehead or juice user...of course, the stereotype will perpetuate and most likely prevail, but at least we know better!

Also, for those who've helped out, i will officially be structuring the cycle so that I am still "on" during the test. I don't want to be on clomid (for sure) or wallowing in any post-cycle depression during the test, but I don't have the patience to wait until the june exam is over to begin the cylce.

As my likely last post of the "year"...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AR MEMBERS!!

humpymuscle is offline Junior Member
    Yeah if you're on stay on, if you're off stay off. Coming up or coming down can be a bitch.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree BigGreen, it is refreshing. I think most people's perceptions of AAS users are that their balls and brains shrink with the cycle... I think it just shows that we are just much smarter than the "average" weight lifter. We know when we hit a Plateau how to get over it without years of trying. JK, I respect all you natural guys out there.

Pain.

Thread Information