zeusjs88 is offline New Member

problem with arms falling asleep while asleep

first of all im on a deca /testoprim d cycle.
    i was wondering if it was normal for your arms to fall asleep in most positions when going to bed.
    i train heavy 2days then have a cardio day and back to training heavy on and off.
    im 6 ft and 260 lbs and about 15% bf
    is this a question of training or my cycle or should i see a doctor???

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    This happened to me when I first started weight lifting. How long have you been training for? If you are still relatively new to weight lifting I would say don't worry about it on a personal basis, because mine went away. But to be safe you should contact your doctor of course. As for it being due to the AAS I haven't experianced this on my last 4 cycle's. Maybe some other members have more experiance with this phenominon (spelling, arg) on AAS. Good luck with it.

Pain,

brad13kpu is offline Junior Member
    It used to happen to me all the time. Have you gotten bigger recently? I found that every time I get bigger it will happen and I have to change the way that I sleep for it to stop.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    ive been having the same problem lately..and i have no clue whats causing it.. if anyone know's please tell me...Madmax...

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I am always changing the way i sleep firt its the left then its the right man i hate it

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    go to the chiropractor. it happens to me usally after a very intense heavey week of lifting. if the doc's good they'll work the kinks out of ya

TheRequiem is offline Junior Member
    A chiropractor will now if your using AS. I don't even keep it away from mine... I get monthly check ups anyways. you should be fine, it only happened in my left arm for some reason but I found by putting a heat pad on it stops it. Best regards

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I really like dickrenegade's responce, makes complete sense to me. All those damn nights of coming home drunk and waking up with something hurting makes sense now.

Pain

what about us people that don't drink...Madmax..

TheRequiem is offline Junior Member
    The symptoms will dissapear faster, put a heat pad on your arm before going to bed.

thanks for the info guys. i recently lost 70 lbs and just put on about 15 lbs of muscle so that could be the problem since i dont drink or party.

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem but its not when I sleep- its when I lay down and watch tv. I have to keep my hands straight down by my sides.

IF this is happening to you while you sleep- try going to sleep with your hands below your heart.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Usually casued from water rentention. Often when doing bulking cycles w/ high angrogens.

it happens to me at all timesd of the day also...Madmax..

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    It is possible that you got carpell tunnel syndrome. It is caused by a few things, the one most common is repetitive movements. What do you do for an occupation? Cause believe it or not if you spend enough time typing that would do it! Who knows, talk to your doc and you could get tests performed. Good luck

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I used to and still have that problem to this day. I talked to my Physical theorpist about it, and what she told me made since. She said my shoulders are very broad, and if and when I sleep on my side, it puts my neck in an odd angle, and can cause a pinced or closed off nerve, causing my arms to fall asleep. She suggested to elavate my pillows and head, and see if that helps. Low and behold it did help some. Within the course of the night however, with as much moving around as I do, my neck and head still get into funny angles, so I still get those arms and hands "pins", when I do, I know to elavate my neck or get into a better position. Just my .02 and how I learned how to cope with this problem.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    I HAVE THIS PROB TOO, but mostly with my hands. Of course 5+ yrs of roofing and 5+ yrs of lifting have taken their toll on my hands. TRY the glucostamine clondroten msm products, itll help with the joints! Also a garlic, flaxseed oil, cod liver oil product to improve cholesterol and blood circulation as well. (i take these). Massages from a chick can do wonders also! BIG-G

BossDJ02 is offline Junior Member
    hey by the way how are the testoprim-d's??? i ran them for a short time boy did they hurt like hell.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i have a similar problem, but its not that they go to sleep, but that they tingle. I find its because when I sleep on my side (which I do a lot) the top arm sits on my lat and pinches on either the nerve or the blood vessels in the side of my arm. Quite annoying.

testaprim is offline Associate Member
    It has been happening to me for years, Sicilian30 is right on the money, try sleeping on your back, that is the only position that my arms will not fall asleep in.

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    I have this problem too but I have carpal tunnel in both wrists,wonder if it's from that or the As or a combination of the two??

hockeyman20 is offline Junior Member
    i have the same problem with my arms and hands, every night i wake up several times with a tingling hand or some thing. I have to sleep like a fucking corpse. Im not even on right now, i think its getting worse!

I'm a bartender so i do do alot of movement with my arms during the day besides my lifting...
    and yes the testoprim d leaves a nice lump that hurts for most of the week but ive heard its not as bad as doing it by itself, im putting it in the same dart as the decca. im not sure of the results yet because i just added it to my cycle.

Thanks for all the replies and help guys makes me feel not so alone with tingly hands...

Thread Information