Thread: Flaxseed Oil

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard

Flaxseed Oil

This is a bit of topic but I need some quick reply's.

quick question about Flaxseed oil.

I was going to start my flaxseed oil next week so I go out and buy the softgel pills. Each pill is 1000mg Organic Flaxseed oil- 585mg Alpha-Linolenic Acid, 150mg Linoleic Acid, 175mg Olelc Acix, and Other fatty acids and phytonutrients are 90mg

10 calories
    1g fat

my question is on dosage. The bottle say's 2 pills a day. Is this right? or do I need to be taking more?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm not sure about the dosage with soft gels, I've only ever tried the regular liquid. With that i only added a tablespoon or so in my shakes.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Answer: Using softgels is not the best because you have to down so many. A tablespoon should be taken but that is 14,000mg or 14 softgels.

Read this:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...25,783,00.html

--Capsules containing flaxseed oil are convenient for traveling, but can be quite expensive in comparison to the liquid form. Also, a large number of capsules--approximately 14 containing 1,000 mg of oil each--are needed to get the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of oil.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    That dosage sounds low to me. I've never taken flax seed oil though so I'm no expert.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Dosage can be raised or lowered based on the desired effect. Flax has been shown to help many problems, some of which are on the bottom of that webpage I referenced. I am no expert on dosages for AS use.

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    scott you rock, great link you provided!

I'm going to take the bottle of softgels i have now (312) and then purchase the liquid version!

I really appreciate your help!

KunipshunFit

babi is offline Associate Member
    liquid is so much better and less exp.one spoon with a protein shake b4 bed will do the trick

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    get the liquid flax oil..... its way better.. it takes about 14 soft gel tabs to equal a tablespoon of the oil

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    use the flax seed oil..i took 1 serving (1 tble spn) after workout with a protien shake...liquid form has around 130 calories...total fat 14g..saturated fat if about 1g..poly saturated is about 10g..and mono should be around 3 grm.. flax seed oil is a source of the the omega 3 essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid..essential fatty acids play an important role in maintaining the structure of body tissues.they lower cholesterol levels and help your cardiovascular system..that is the info that i know about it..i hope ithis helps..Madmax..

Eddyflash is offline Junior Member
    dude you can use them as a supplement for fat in every meal.. I get about 60 g's of fats a day and they mostly all come from flax...

you can get all your fat from flax oil...but i believe that it is be better to get the majority of fats from foods...if the majority of fat you get is from flax oil..then that would mean you would really have to watch what you eat through out the day and try not to get to much fat from your foods because your already getting ton's form the oil....supplements are great but they should be secondary to any good diet...just my 2cc's...Madmax..

babi is offline Associate Member
    madmax why on earth would you take it after work out,dont you know that fats will slow down the absorption of protein?and i am sure thats not what you need after your freshly worked muscles are starving for protein and other nut.check the timing bud!

Eddyflash is offline Junior Member
    True Madmax.. you really should use it as a supplement but with my crazy schedule most of my meals are Whey Protein, Maltodextrin, and a spoon of flax.. I know this is not optimal but it is the only way I can keep my diet perfect.

i know how that is bro...it really sucks to eat supplements all day instead of real food..ive been in the same boat..luckily i'm on break between semesters so i can sit around all day and eat...and talk on AR...Madmax

Thread Information