Thread: goldline cyp?

brad13kpu is offline Junior Member

Question goldline cyp?

I read on another board that goldline cyp is fake. This isn't true is it? Cause I just ordered 2 bottles of it.

bump

dumblucky is offline Member
    fake

atwa is offline Associate Member
    goldline hasent been made in a long time.........if i were a betting man i would say it was fake.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: goldline cyp?

Originally posted by brad13kpu
    I read on another board that goldline cyp is fake. This isn't true is it? Cause I just ordered 2 bottles of it.
    True, yes, and quel dommage (in that order). Seriously, bro, here's the background scoop. (I've told it here before, but it should be known by everyone . . .)

All generic brands of testosterone manufactured in the United States were made by Schein (also known as Steris - the two companies merged a couple of years ago). Schein is one of the biggest U.S. manufacturers of generic drugs, both oral and injectable.

In early 1999, after a routine audit by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Schein was enjoined from manufacturing injectable drugs. There was no problem with the quality of the drugs, but with the documentation process in which all pharmaceutical companies have to engage. FDA found them in violation, and Schein discontinued making injectables until they were able to clean up their act and receive the FDA's reapproval.

When Schein resumed manufacturing injectables, they did not resume making testtosterone cypionate . They never discussed their reasons, but anecdotally, a few pharmacists speculated that they were concerned with lawsuits from AS users. However, there could be many answers ranging from cost versus return to lack of demand. If anything, their decision was not taken well in the AIDS community, which covered the generic test shortage better than any of the AS boards.

With Schein out of the manufacturing end, other generic companies that had been using "private labeling" (buying cyp from Schein but having it packaged under their own name) were put out of the test market. One of these was Goldline, and another popular one was Virilon (which had been marketed by Star Pharmaceuticals but manufacturer by - you gussed it, Schein). Ditto Steris (which merged with Schein). The bottom line is that if you see any test marketed under the Steris or Goldline brand names, it's a fake.

Today in the U.S., there are only two brand name testosterone (and no generic brand) injectables available: Delatestryl (Test enanthate , manufactured by BMG for Bristol Myers-Squibb) and Depo-Testosterone (Test cypionate, manufactured by Upjohn/Pharmacia). In the 200 mg/ml strength, Delatestryl retails for about $70 for a 5 ml vial, and Depo-Testosterone retails for about $70 for a 10 ml vial, meaning that the Depo-T costs about half as much as the Delatestryl. However, Delatestryl goes for about $20 (in U.S. Dollars) for a 5 ml vial in Canada, where the federal government regulates drug prices.

So, the quick answer to your question is: Yes, Goldine test is fake, as are related so-called generic brands like Schein, Steris, and Star. Be especially careful if you're buying your stuff out of Mexico, where these brands are still marketed by independent labs (especially since Mexican drug standards are nowhere near as tight as U.S. and Canadian manufacturing standards).
    Last edited by TNT; 11-18-2001 at 09:08 AM.

Is there anyway that there could be some of it still floating around?
    Last edited by brad13kpu; 11-18-2001 at 11:47 AM.

dumblucky is offline Member
    nope sorry you better get another source

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    TNT, you never cease to amaze me bro. great post.

Jarhed is offline Associate Member
    Yeah,

Kickass TNT! Good info bro! I knew Goldline test was gone, but never knew the real reasons. Last time I used Goldline T was in 1988.

Thanks for the info!

Mr. Hed

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool The thread continues . . .

Hey, bros, someone has posted a follow-up to this thread under the title "Fake Cyp?"

It's worth checking out . . . In responding to one of the questions, I found that the NDC (product code) number for Steris Test Cyp does not exist, which indicates that it's fake.

Details are in the newer thread.

Thread Information