YoungGunz is offline New Member

getting a doc to prescribe nova

Do think if i went to a doc and showed him that i have gyno he would presribe me something to get rid of it?
    Thanks

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Probably not.
    From what I understand, doctors are allowed to prescribe medication only for the conditions it is "indicated" for. Say f'rinstance, there was a drug that was approved for folks with macular degeneration (eye problems) that someone wanted to use to treat an ingrown toenail. No way could an average patient persuade a doctor to prescribe that stuff . . . Firstly, the doc wouldn't think it would be useful, secondly, he'd be risking problems with the state licensing board should they find out, thirdly, he'd be risking a malpractice lawsuit, particularly if anything untoward should ocurr.
    I read in one of the mags that there's a medical study going on right now (in Germany, I think) on the efficacy of using Nolvadex to treat gyno. It won't be until after several positive outcomes of these kinds of studies that Nolvadex's list of indications will include gyno.
    But . . . if you're on real good terms with your doc, like golf buddies or sex partners or something, chances are pretty gosh darn good of getting pretty near anything your heart desires. So . . . there's that to consider . . .

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    I tried, but the doc said no. She said it'll go away on it's own. I told her that it wouldn't, but she said it would. Well now my consultation is wednesday. The lesson is have all the gear and anti-e's before you start your cycle.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Tock
    Probably not.
    From what I understand, doctors are allowed to prescribe medication only for the conditions it is "indicated" for. Say f'rinstance, there was a drug that was approved for folks with macular degeneration (eye problems) that someone wanted to use to treat an ingrown toenail. No way could an average patient persuade a doctor to prescribe that stuff . . . Firstly, the doc wouldn't think it would be useful, secondly, he'd be risking problems with the state licensing board should they find out, thirdly, he'd be risking a malpractice lawsuit, particularly if anything untoward should ocurr.
    I read in one of the mags that there's a medical study going on right now (in Germany, I think) on the efficacy of using Nolvadex to treat gyno. It won't be until after several positive outcomes of these kinds of studies that Nolvadex's list of indications will include gyno.
    But . . . if you're on real good terms with your doc, like golf buddies or sex partners or something, chances are pretty gosh darn good of getting pretty near anything your heart desires. So . . . there's that to consider . . .
    Technically a doctor can prescribe a drug just about any way the want too. This is called off label use and it is legal. However, Most doctors will not do this unless there is good data to back up what it is they are prescribing the drug for.
    For example: Celebrex (Cox-2 inhibitor/NSAID)has an indication for Pain, but Bextra- similar drug (New Cox-2 inhibitor/NSAID) does not. A doctor can definatly prescribe Bextra for pain if he deems it nessesary.
    Yes, he could be risking malpractice, but doctors prescribe drugs off label almost everyday.
    As far as getting Nov from your doctor, Unless you have breast cancer he probably will not give it to you. Tomixifen or Novladex is indicated for treatment of breast cancer, and that's it. However, Tomixifen has been used and shown to increase Bone Mineral density. Some doctores use this drug for that purpose, even though its only indicated for cancer.

Best bet, find source. If you ask your doc to prescribe you Tomixifen he's gonna look at you like your nuts.
    Good luck bro

YoungGunz is offline New Member
    Ok 1st im going to go to a walk in clininc and tell them that my nipple has been in pain for 2 months now and i have not been taking any drugs for the past 2 months and the gyno has not gone away. I will tell him that i was using tribulus terreritsis, which does have some kinda of testosterone herb in it and it can cause gyno if over used. It happend to my friend so i know it can cause gyno. I will tell him i have stopped taking it for 2 months and nothing has changed the gyno is still the same and the pain is bad. I will ask him if he can give me something to get rid of it, and see what he says. I will keep you posted. If the walkin doc does not give it to me i will go to my doc and see what he does.
    peace.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bring some research from WebMD or something. THat may help your case. Do some homework.

Thread Information