Terinox is offline The One & Only

How Much Juice Do You Waste Per Shot?

Okay, you know when your withdrawing juice? Okay, lets say you are going to inject 1cc. You withdraw 1cc into the syringe right? Now once you inject your 1cc, there is still a little juice left inbetween the syringe and the needle. Right inside that little area of the pin. So, my question is how much is that??? When I pull back the syringe, it looks VERY little, about .1cc

So can I assume that each 1cc injection I do, i'm actually using 1.1cc?

So, if I have 25cc's of juice, it'll only last 25cc DIVIDED by 2.2 (assuming i do two injections a week)???

Let me know,
    Thnx

Re: well..

Originally posted by dickrenegade
    i use the same syringe for weeks at a time so each time i inject that little bit that's left in the syringe from the last shot goes in. it's still sterile. i only change the pins every shot but it's not necessary to change syringes.

dickrenegade
    Really? I thought it was important to change EVERYTHING just to be really safe. If your right about this, then I should also do that.

ANY other opinions here??? Plz someone let's hear something.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

i use the same syringe for weeks at a time so each time i inject that little bit that's left in the syringe from the last shot goes in. it's still sterile. i only change the pins every shot but it's not necessary to change syringes.
    You gotta be kidding me.

Terinox, try filling a syringe with 1cc of water and then inject it onto a spoon. Then use a new syringe and draw the water back up. You should get an idea of how much gets injected. Of course, this is a waste of time because the amount lost is so small.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I would think that if you aspirate (or however you spell it) something could get in there that could let bacteria grow on it. But if you aspirate and only get air and then you just put that right back in you theoretically nothing should be there. I would think that you can use the same plunger a few times. To be safe I would still change them up though. I know that what I just said doesn't make much sense, I am thinking outload. So I will just shut the F up now.

Pain.

Re: Re: well..

Originally posted by EXCESS
    You gotta be kidding me.

Terinox, try filling a syringe with 1cc of water and then inject it onto a spoon. Then use a new syringe and draw the water back up. You should get an idea of how much gets injected. Of course, this is a waste of time because the amount lost is so small.
    Do different needles matter? I mean I have done it before, last cycle I pulled back the syringe and I saw that it was about very little.

I don't understand wut u mean by drawing the water back into the needle...what does that tell me? I mean, will the water left inside the needle come out? And leave me with what is left? Oh, I think I'm understanding what you meant as I'm typing this...LOL

I'll give that a shot, thnx.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    yes diff needle's will matter a little but were talking minute.

When you shoot the water into a spoon or cup or what ever. That is the amount that you do not waist. You draw it back into another syringe to measure it. Subtract that amount from the original 1cc and that is what was waisted

BTW I would not ever use the same syringe except maybe for oral use of 17aa
    Last edited by RON; 01-05-2003 at 07:48 PM.

yugi-oh is offline Banned
    The amount is so little that it totally doesnt matter, it may be a drop. And i would definately change the pin and the syringe everytime I inject. They are far to cheap, and easy to get to risk infection by re-using them.

Originally posted by RON
    yes diff needle's will matter a little but were talking minute.

When you shoot the water into a spoon or cup or what ever. That is the amount that you do not waist. You draw it back into another syringe to measure it. Subtract that amount from the original 1cc and that is what was waisted

Thnx for the help guys...much appreciated!!!

BOB HAD BITCH TITS is offline Associate Member
    .10 of a cc thats the wast

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

dickrenegade
    fuck that!!, thats shit is not still sterile.
    thats little bit that get left in the syringe is a miniscule amount, for as cheep as gear is and as much as you do in a cycle i would not care about that little bit. and as far as using new needles and syringes, it's only better to be safe by using new equipment that is sterile!!! I mean ?? is it really to much to go out and buy needles and syringes??? for your healths sake?????

Im with ron!, if i was to use the same syringe it would only be for oral

XBiker is offline Retired Vet

i worked with anaesthesiologists at hospitals and have seen them doing what i described above first hand. you can keep the inside of the syringe sterile but just changing the pins. even though you're aspirating and drawing back through the needle, unless you're bacteremic (have bacteria in your blood), the stuff going back whether it's clear fluid, air, or blood should be sterile meaning the syringe should be sterile. if i'm wrong... then there are a hell of a lot of people in hospitals doing wrong too!

dickrenegade
    At the average cost of $.25 per syringe + needle is there any reason to risk an infection?

Actually you see the reason I need to know EXACTLY how much I will have is so that I can determine how long my cycle will last and when to start my Winny. All I know right now is that my sustanon will last 10-11 weeks. I know it's very little that gets wasted...but it adds up. So I don't want to end up losing 2cc's at the end and end up running a short cycle.

Thnx
    T.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by RON
    Totally agree...it says right on most syringe for single use only. It is there for a reason.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    dick, I am not arguing with you at all
    I just have a diffrent view
    If you get all your needles and syringes for free, then why use the same one, for the sake of getting that little bit of gear. which is a small amout. I mean if you can not grow off the cycle and it depends on that little bit of gear left to make you grow than it seems to me that person is doing something wrong. but i can understand what your saying , that is safe and it is sterile and that hospitals do it every day.

it is just more of a precaution and a better feeling to me knowing it is new and nothing has been sitting in that syringe for any period of time

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    i worked with anaesthesiologists at hospitals and have seen them doing what i described above first hand. you can keep the inside of the syringe sterile but just changing the pins. even though you're aspirating and drawing back through the needle, unless you're bacteremic (have bacteria in your blood), the stuff going back whether it's clear fluid, air, or blood should be sterile meaning the syringe should be sterile. if i'm wrong... then there are a hell of a lot of people in hospitals doing wrong too!
    dickrenegade
    =====================================

If you saw medical people using the same syringe with different needles on the same patient during one operation, well, there shouldn't be a problem with that. Any bacteria that make it inside the syringe through the needle and get re-injected won't have time enough to multiply before it's re-used. But no way any medical person in their right mind would re-use a syringe from operation to operation; it's just not a good idea. Leaving the empty syringe just sit, exposed to air (and the bacteria floating in the air) is enough to render it unsanitary and a threat to health.
    If you gotta re-use the syringe from day to day, for sure process it through a pressure cooker (I've seen 'em for $40 at K-mart) for 30 minutes with the 15psi doober. Find a glass syringe if the plastic won't survive the pressure cooker. Yer health is worth more than $40, for sure . . .

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    this post is kind of funny.........

mainly for the reason that the amount lost is extremely negligable, and like x said, at .25 cents per syringe is it really worth it?
    if you cant afford the new pins and syringes along with the gear you'll be needing then dont waste the time. if you cant grow on .99 of a cc instead of 1 cc,(to use your example Terinox) then somethings wrong anyways...........

peace bb79

Dudes, dudes, check it out.

What I mean is this. First of all, if i'm injecting EXACTLY 1cc, wouldn't I STILL be getting 1cc? Not .99cc. If you WITHDRAW 1cc into the syringe...are you ACTUALLY WITHDRAWING 1.1cc? That's what my point is.

And so...if I do TWO shots a week, I end up using up 2.2cc a week instead of 2cc. THAT'S what my question is asking (i think .)

So, i have to adjust my cycle, and make sure i have enuff juice, cuz i'm using 2.2, which adds up to be 22cc when doing 10 shots, and not 20cc

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    if you draw 1 cc then your shooting 1 cc...........period.

its probably a little less than a cc but the amount missed isnt going to stop you from growing, and your vial should still come out to 10 1cc shots bro........

peace bb79

Originally posted by barbells79
    if you draw 1 cc then your shooting 1 cc...........period.

its probably a little less than a cc but the amount missed isnt going to stop you from growing, and your vial should still come out to 10 1cc shots bro........

peace bb79
    Alright, thnx for the info Makes me feel better!

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Well, let me give T a straight answer.

T, when you first open a new syringe notice how the plunger is not all the way down? It is actually at the .1 mark, the reason for this is that when you pull juice in the needle and tip hold about .1cc give or take .0001 depending on pin length and gauge.

So, when you pull 1cc in, then remove the pin from the bottle and then pull air into the pin and flick the bubbles out your plunger will then sit .1 BELOW the 1cc mark, because of the extra room in the barrel...

Now, that means that for each injection YOU loose .1cc of juice from THAT injection, so in the end the juice should last just as long however each injection will be .1cc short into you.

DMX

mrv
    mrv is offline New Member

Air

It's simple. Include a small enough amount of air at the top of your barrell when you inject that it pushes out the liquid from the pin, but not enough that your putting air into your muscle. Even if you do get a tiny bit of air in your muscle it won't do any damage. This works for me every time.

Mr. V

Re: Air

Originally posted by mrv
    It's simple. Include a small enough amount of air at the top of your barrell when you inject that it pushes out the liquid from the pin, but not enough that your putting air into your muscle. Even if you do get a tiny bit of air in your muscle it won't do any damage. This works for me every time.

Mr. V

How can that work? Doesn't the air float back up to the top? And isn't it too risky to be injecting a little air each time you juice?

mrv
    mrv is offline New Member
    No, the amount of air I am speaking of should only be enough to fill the needle volume and no more, therefore, pushing out the remainder of the fluid into your muscle. If you do this properly you should not inject any air into the muscle. If you do this slightly wrong, then we are only talking about 0.01 cc or so of air, which is nothing to worry about.

Yes, the bubble will rise to the top of the barrel when injecting. This is the desired reaction since the air is literally the last thing you want pushed out of the barrel.

Mr. V

FKNMONSTER is offline Junior Member
    out of every 10cc jug i go through by the 9th shot i am .2cc's short, the the loss isnt to worry about.... and yes the syringes to stay sterile, i myself replace every shot though just incase... but for those emergency last minute prop injections the old syringe will do fine!! haha

Thread Information