MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

What Would You Do If ????

What would you do if you were in a middle of an EQ-test cycle and you could no longer work biceps directly due to chronic tendonius. My doc said back off and it should get better.
    The only indirect exercise I can do is reverse lat pulldowns. However its so painful I cannnot flex my bicep without severe pain.
    Would you quit the cycle and save it for spring or would you finish the cycle and rest afterwards? What would you do?

Dank1447 is offline Junior Member
    i would quit the cycle, if you cant do biceps then your back workoust will struggle also, therefore the rest of your body will grow faster and you will need to prioritize bis and back later on

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    Dont know bro debating the same thing myself. Only its my wrists that have the tendonitus. I cant curl my wrist at all. (doesnt hurt at other times though) I just started a new cycle Monday and dont know if I wanna back down or not.

I go back to the doc Tuesday but I was thinking of just doing the cycle and ignoring the pain. I can rest In March when the cycle is over,so I can get ready for my next cycle in August.

oh well bro I'm ranting (sorry) I hope you have good luck w/ whatever you do.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Can you flex your bi's in the mirror... cause you could try rubber bands or charles atlas type negative work... hold your hands together in front of you... the palm facing you would be the arm you work first. pull you arm to you flexing your bi using your other arm as resistance. I do these all the time when standing in the mirror to make my peak greater...

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i feelya! I had elbow surgery years back. Im sportin 120 stitch scar on the inside of my elbow. Once i started using gear and increasing the weight i was working out with i started getting major tendentious in my elbow. I knew if i went to the doctors he'd tell me the only way for it to heal was to stop working out. Well i wasnt going to do that... So what i did was lighten the weight i was working out with but increasing the reps. Seems to be helping with me and the pain is much less then it was before. Bit the bullett and workout through it.

Ohhh 50mgs of vioxx ed helps too... Also i recommend icing it after u workout. Good luck bro!

OG

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Sit and count your losses now so you can stand up and get back in the gym later.

Your bicepts are CONSTANTLY worked indirectly in just about every non-leg, push/pull movement. Tendonitis will completely ground you for good if you don't take care of it now.

There has been talk about steroids * producing an abnomal collagen in tendons which results in various tendon problems including tendonitis and tears, because the abnormal collagen causes a breakdown in the tendon.

My advice: Stop the cycle, focus on aerobics and cutting, get physical therapy, then get back in the gym AFTER you are fully healed.

*The amount of steroids was not specified. As I recall, the articles I read did not necessarily imply longterm steroid use .

Best of luck. Get better soon!
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-10-2003 at 02:20 PM.

When traveling I use these exersices, body squats, calf raises, push ups, crunches, decline push-ups, lateral raises, and flexing. I know is sound hoaky but you can get a better work out sometimes using your own body as weight. the arm routine is old school, but try it doing sets of 5 using slow, high intensity contractions....
    good luck bro

Originally posted by mmaximus25
    the arm routine is old school, but try it doing sets of 5 using slow, high intensity contractions....
    good luck bro
    mmaximus25,

Are you suggeting he does high intensity arm contractions? He has tendonitis in his bicep tendon, I think high intensity contractions will damage his tendons further.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-10-2003 at 12:29 PM.

"High intensity arm contractions", for those who don't know who Charles Atlas was this means flexing your bicep, bend your elbow so the tendon is stretched already and just flex and relax your bi..
    I don’t suggest using the alternate arm training routine anymore, but if you can’t even flex your bi, sorry bro you’re screwed for life...

You must stretch more in-between sets and be well hydrated, but people with tendonitis usually are victims of their own cause and effect...

Another way of doing this exersice is just bend your elbow and sqeezing your bi and forearm together like your trying to crack a nut in between them...

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys. I cannot flex mu bi's without hurting. Therefore I'm taking BASK8KASE advise and take a total 6 weeks layoff. I'll take antiflammatories and ice it twicw daitly for 30 minutes at a time.
    I agree almost every exercise one does affects this tendon I am having trouble with. Shoulders,chest and particulary lats are probably keeping it irritated indirectly were as it wont get better.
    I would rather take off in the winter months than in the summer months when it really counts the most.
    My MRI showed chronic tendonitus. It started last fall from doing hammer curls.
    A word of caution is to never do hammer curls! I've read about alot of people getting hurt doing them. I was also doing my first cycle when this thing started. Yes I jumped in weight to quickly but my form was still good. Goes to show you hammer curls are a bad choise for many.
    Thanks again for all the sound advise.

I don’t want to sound like a juicehead but I wouldn't get off... I would concentrate on my lower body fine-tuning the muscle maturity already developed. Most guys are so obsessed with upper body training; always continue to improve every body part...
    So you can't work upper body big whoop get some more detail in your calves, work on your tear drop, cut up your glutes, get your hams peaking out...work on yuor sweep... Just me spitting but I wouldn't stop my cycle...I have so many flaws I could work on, that don’t pertain to my upper body... You would have to shoot me in the head and tie me down just so I would try and get up to train a lagging or not enough detail body part.... That’s ME THOUGH....
    Good luck on your endeavors…and don’t take my ramble in the wrong way… I am a stubborn perfectionist bro…
    MMAX25

MR BICEPS,

Ask your doctor to prescribe physical therapy. The PT's have several exercises, electric current pads and ultra sound tools that will speed your recovery.

Best of luck!

Thread Information