benbean77 is offline Junior Member

Arrow why shouldnt i use anavar at 20 ??

why shouldnt a 20 year old not use anavar if its basically side effect free and doesnt fully shut you down, and you want to gain quicker. ??

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Where did you read it is side effect free?
    It does not shut you down? look at my blood work after only 18 days of oxandrolone ingestion:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-interested%29

Read here to understand correctly:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ids&highlight=

By the way, two negatives make an affermative^^^

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is not side effect free at all.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    you may have read that in lower doses such as those administerd by the medical proffesion that sides are low,but in the bb community where higher doses are used hpta shut down and other sides do occur.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    because your 20.........
    Quote Originally Posted by benbean77 View Post
    why shouldnt a 20 year old not use anavar if its basically side effect free and doesnt fully shut you down, and you want to gain quicker. ??

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Because you will fvck yourself up.

i know its not side free but most users dont expirience any negative effects.
    and tigershark you cant say it would **** you up as im sure most would agree its not true!
    cheers

cro
    Blog Entries
    it can shut you down still.
    i know its not side free but most users dont expirience any negative effects.
    and tigershark you cant say it would **** you up as im sure most would agree its not true!
    cheers

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Your own natural hormone production level is roaring high at 20.
    Take advantage of that now. You dont want to take anything
    such as AAS to suppress your own natural levels.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    oh brother!

dont mean to sound a dick to some
    but i see anavar is used on childred which a 20 year old certenally is not
    so when used at reasonable doses with a pct looks pretty safe if thats the path you want to take in compareson wo injectables

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are no free lunches, if you want minimal effects then yeah you will see minimal sides but if you want to take enough anavar to create a strong environment for muscle growth then your gonna suffer some suppresion.

Just because a steroid is used on a kid does not mean that much, the dosage is often minimal or it may only be used for short duration, while in other cases it may indeed be used in a way that serious sides are a possible outcome in those cases the help recieved vs the risk is carefully wieghed and labwork is studied throughout the usage.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Beacuse if you cant do wat your told.You will be sent to bed with no dinner.Any other questions son

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    jez why ask for advice when all you do is shoot it down and throw up futile excuses that you should use it?????!!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    oh brother!
    TR...I had no idea you had an older brother.

so when used at reasonable doses with a pct looks pretty safe if thats the path you want to take in compareson wo injectables
    It's used on children who are dying from muscular dystrophy, AIDs, or other wasting diseases. Are you currently worried that you will die if you do not recieve Anavar treatment? No? Then shut it and quit arguing. If you're going to take it anyway, we can't stop you. But nobody here is going to tell you that its a good idea.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Also some off these kids are late in development ie puberty and muscle development genitial development etc
    I don't think an 16yr old who is lagging developmentally is to concerned with his libido
    Last edited by MBMETC; 12-31-2010 at 05:36 AM.

jcp2 is offline Junior Member
    Here is the truth of the matter, if you have ever been involved in strength sports, bodybuidling, even football at any competitive level there are tons of guys who begin taking stuff at 18-22 and are no more ****ed up than the guys who begin using at 25. This "story" is the same one i have read a hundred times on the boards, i would think if you are wanting to use anavar because of the no sides, you are probably a little scared and you are trying to dive in with one foot instead of two. So in my opinion i would stay away. Not because you are 20 though. Taking drugs is a serious decision as much as the message boards descensitize you from it. I have seen guys ,who at 20, are stronger than i will ever be. Who am i to say that they should not take anything, once again this is a personal decision. The thing i always point at is the fact that your training is most likely garbage at 20 and training is a lifelong pursuit that you are just beginning. I have used before, but have been much bigger and stronger naturally after really learning how to train. Personally, i am not for or against gear anymore, but this is as honest of an answer as i can give. If you were my training partner or worked out with my group i would advise you against drugs, so would the guys who were on that i trained with, it would be more so due to the fact that most people don't really realize what they can accomplish naturally.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    These children need it for medicinal purposes, not anything close to why you would use it. This type of mentality and attempt to justify it's right because children are using these same compounds to fight life threatening illnesses is another reason why you shouldn't be using.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Aside of the fact you are twenty and risk screwing up your endocrine system, anavar would be a bad choice for "quicker gains." It is not known for big gains or fast gains. If you research the drug you will find that. Its much more suited for cutting and fat loss.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    did you name yer dog 'var? you should be able to take that when yer 20. make the dog happy

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    LOL his arguement is almost as reckless as the one I heard awhile back. "its OK to use 1mg of anadrol per lb of BW cause dr are treating patients with it for months at a time" What they left out is that they are dying from a wasting disease and it did do alot of harm to there body but not as bad as death would have done.

OP your reasoning for wanting to use anavar is not a good one, just no way around it.

So what's our excuse for taking Tren ? If we use anavar because it's used in kids, then why do we take a drug
    For cattle and shoot it? Hell, clenbuterol is
    Also a livestock drug. As out others.

Lol. I am just being goofy. Just in case someone on Tren decides to unleash some increased aggression. Lol

I took Anavar for 8 week @ 80mg/ed. I got shut down, as I expected. I had PCT ready to go so no problems. jcp2, you mention guys on gear at 18yo and up? The symptoms of injury doesn't show up for some time. Some of it is immediate but much of it can be dormant. What you're trading could be look good now versus health later. The board generally recommends that 25 is the age to start AAS. I believe that the male body matures years before 25 but their emotional maturity doesn't. AAS are powerful drugs you need to respect them.

D.Pump is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    did you name yer dog 'var? you should be able to take that when yer 20. make the dog happy
    ^hilarious!

cro
    Blog Entries
    they need to make reading stickys mandatory before you can set up account. that way we dont see posts like this everyday 20 times.

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    they need to make reading stickys mandatory before you can set up account. that way we dont see posts like this everyday 20 times.
    +1, think how many I have read and skipped in the last 4.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    LOL his arguement is almost as reckless as the one I heard awhile back. "its OK to use 1mg of anadrol per lb of BW cause dr are treating patients with it for months at a time" What they left out is that they are dying from a wasting disease and it did do alot of harm to there body but not as bad as death would have done.

OP your reasoning for wanting to use anavar is not a good one, just no way around it.
    Anadrol is not a wasting disease drug, it is a anemia drug, wasting disease has become an off label use. Do research on Anadrol, dosages, uses, and side affects. They treated people for months at a time for anemia, what it was created for. I belive that is what dbol was created for as well, but don't quote me on that. Their are studies in pubmed i believe regarding its use, it has been years since i read them though.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I took Anavar for 8 week @ 80mg/ed. I got shut down, as I expected. I had PCT ready to go so no problems. jcp2, you mention guys on gear at 18yo and up? The symptoms of injury doesn't show up for some time. Some of it is immediate but much of it can be dormant. What you're trading could be look good now versus health later. The board generally recommends that 25 is the age to start AAS. I believe that the male body matures years before 25 but their emotional maturity doesn't. AAS are powerful drugs you need to respect them.
    I am not saying that it is a good thing for anyone to take steroids . I also undestand what the message boards say, I probably said this same thing at some point over the last 10 years. But where did the age 25 come from? Like i have said, what damage are you going to do to yourself at 20, that you are not going to do at 25. I have been lucky enough to train at one of the best gyms in the county for the last 6 years and have seen quite a few young competitiors, they are going to be on for many years to come, i don't see what damage they are doing at 20 or 22 that they are not going to do at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    Anadrol is not a wasting disease drug, it is a anemia drug, wasting disease has become an off label use. Do research on Anadrol, dosages, uses, and side affects. They treated people for months at a time for anemia, what it was created for. I belive that is what dbol was created for as well, but don't quote me on that. Their are studies in pubmed i believe regarding its use, it has been years since i read them though.
    Courtesy of [sigh] Wikipedia:
    "John Bosley Ziegler, John Ziegler, Montana Jack, (circa 1920 - 1983) was an American physician who originally developed the anabolic steroid Methandrostenolone (Dianabol , DBOL ) which was released in the USA in 1958 by Ciba.[1][2] He pioneered its athletic use as an aid to muscle growth by bodybuilders, administering it to U.S. weightlifting champion Bill March of the York Barbell club in 1959 when he was the physician to the U.S. Weightlifting team[3].
    Working at CIBA allowed Ziegler access to books and records from Germany where experiments with testosterone had been carried out by the Nazis, and which had been confiscated by the United States after the war.[2][5]

In October 1954, Ziegler, went to Vienna with the American weightlifting team. There he met a Russian physicist who, over "a few drinks", repeatedly asked "What are you giving your boys?" When Ziegler returned the question, the Russian said that his own athletes were being given testosterone. Returning to America, Ziegler tried weak doses of testosterone on himself, on the American trainer Bob Hoffman and on three lifters, John Grimek, Jim Park and Yaz Kuzahara. All gained more weight and strength than any training programme would produce but there were side-effects. [6] Ziegler sought a drug without after-effects and hit on an anabolic steroid, methandrostenolone, (Dianabol, DBOL), made in the U.S. in 1958 by Ciba.[1][2]

Ziegler gave Dianabol to the entire U.S. Olympic weightlifting team in Rome in 1960, but they still lost to the Soviets.[5] "

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Courtesy of [sigh] Wikipedia:
    "John Bosley Ziegler, John Ziegler, Montana Jack, (circa 1920 - 1983) was an American physician who originally developed the anabolic steroid Methandrostenolone (Dianabol , DBOL ) which was released in the USA in 1958 by Ciba.[1][2] He pioneered its athletic use as an aid to muscle growth by bodybuilders, administering it to U.S. weightlifting champion Bill March of the York Barbell club in 1959 when he was the physician to the U.S. Weightlifting team[3].
    Working at CIBA allowed Ziegler access to books and records from Germany where experiments with testosterone had been carried out by the Nazis, and which had been confiscated by the United States after the war.[2][5]

In October 1954, Ziegler, went to Vienna with the American weightlifting team. There he met a Russian physicist who, over "a few drinks", repeatedly asked "What are you giving your boys?" When Ziegler returned the question, the Russian said that his own athletes were being given testosterone. Returning to America, Ziegler tried weak doses of testosterone on himself, on the American trainer Bob Hoffman and on three lifters, John Grimek, Jim Park and Yaz Kuzahara. All gained more weight and strength than any training programme would produce but there were side-effects. [6] Ziegler sought a drug without after-effects and hit on an anabolic steroid, methandrostenolone, (Dianabol, DBOL), made in the U.S. in 1958 by Ciba.[1][2]

Ziegler gave Dianabol to the entire U.S. Olympic weightlifting team in Rome in 1960, but they still lost to the Soviets.[5] "
    But that does not tell you what medical condition it was created to treat.
    Last edited by jcp2; 01-03-2011 at 06:43 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I am not saying that it is a good thing for anyone to take steroids. I also undestand what the message boards say, I probably said this same thing at some point over the last 10 years. But where did the age 25 come from? Like i have said, what damage are you going to do to yourself at 20, that you are not going to do at 25. I have been lucky enough to train at one of the best gyms in the county for the last 6 years and have seen quite a few young competitiors, they are going to be on for many years to come, i don't see what damage they are doing at 20 or 22 that they are not going to do at 25.
    There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.

But that does not tell you what medical condition it was created to treat.
    Nothing in particular, I believe (so general androgen replacement). I recall reading that it was just designed as a less androgenic and more anabolic alternative to testosterone .

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Nothing in particular, I believe (so general androgen replacement). I recall reading that it was just designed as a less androgenic and more anabolic alternative to testosterone.
    Every steroid that has been marketed for humans was created to treat something.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.
    I here what you are saying, but i know more adults who have ****ed themselves up with steroids than younger guys. Steroids are very powerful drugs and most people on these message boards really should not be taking them as you probably would not be able to tell if you saw them with a shirt on. You don't know who is on the other end of the keyboard, and i have a hard time when some 25 year old clown on one end of the computer tells some kid who may be a solid competitor, or emergeing lifter that he should not use anything until he is 25 like a smug asshole. Obviously i am not talking about you or anyone specifically, but i have seen it happen in my 10 years on these boards. I just think their is more to it than an age. I am not trying to be confrontational, just some food for thought.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I here what you are saying, but i know more adults who have ****ed themselves up with steroids than younger guys. Steroids are very powerful drugs and most people on these message boards really should not be taking them as you probably would not be able to tell if you saw them with a shirt on. You don't know who is on the other end of the keyboard, and i have a hard time when some 25 year old clown on one end of the computer tells some kid who may be a solid competitor, or emergeing lifter that he should not use anything until he is 25 like a smug asshole. Obviously i am not talking about you or anyone specifically, but i have seen it happen in my 10 years on these boards. I just think their is more to it than an age. I am not trying to be confrontational, just some food for thought.
    Its got everything to do with age when we are talking about age and the HPTA, ive spoken to my endo regarding this issue like ive posted above and he states that 25yrs old is a good starting place for the HPTA to be fully developed and as estabolished its patterns, the risks are far greater if this isnt done. So I would rather listen to the experts and my own experience what ive seen over the last 20 odd yrs than some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Its got everything to do with age when we are talking about age and the HPTA, ive spoken to my endo regarding this issue like ive posted above and he states that 25yrs old is a good starting place for the HPTA to be fully developed and as estabolished its patterns, the risks are far greater if this isnt done. So I would rather listen to the experts and my own experience what ive seen over the last 20 odd yrs than some food for thought.
    I don't really care what your endo says, you continue to miss my point. I don't care that the HPTA is a little more fragile when you are 21, an egg is a little more fragile than my desk, they are both going to shatter if i drop them off the empire state building. Everyone is screwing up their HPTA with steroids , do you think going on a 12 week cycle every 12 weeks for years is good for the HPTA, no. These are the risks you take. People make excuses for their own use with the "i am old enough" "it isn't that bad" blah blah blah, but in reality it is not good for anyone. For the record i think it should all be legal so i am not against any of it per se, i am just speaking the truth.

Every steroid that has been marketed for humans was created to treat something.
    No, it was eventually marketed to treat medical conditions to appease the FDA, but orginally invented by a desire to create an androgen supperior to testosterone for athletes. And many drugs are created by accident or while trying to make something completely different, so you can't say that every drug is originally created for a purpose (it may just find a purpose later on).

From the profile on this site:
    "Russian athletes in the 1953 World Championships as well as the Olympic games then used testosterone with great success. After that, John Zeigler, who was a doctor working with the US Weightlifting Team, began a cooperative project with Ciba to develop an equalizer for US atheletes. Flash forward to 1956 and enter Dianabol ; the original trade name for Ciba´s Methandrostenolone... but called "Dbol " by athletes. The original package insert said that 10mgs/day was enough to provide full androgen replacement for a man and Dr.Zeigler recommended that athletes take 5-10mgs/day."

And another site:
    "As early as 1965, Dianabol was already starting to fall under scrutiny of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. That year the FDA requested Ciba clarify Dianabol's medical uses, which were then stated to include helping patients in debilitated states and those with weakened bones. In 1970, the FDA accepted that Dianabol was "Probably Effective" in treating post-menopausal osteoporosis and pituitary deficient dwarfism. These changes were reflected in the drug's prescribing recommendations during the 1970's, and Ciba was allowed to continue selling and studying the agent. Ciba eventually lost patent protection, however, and companies like Parr. Barr, Bolar, and Rugby were soon cutting deeply into their market with their own generic version of the drug.

By the early-80's the FDA had withdrawn its "Probably Effective" position on the pituitary-deficient dwarfism, and continued to press Ciba for more data. Sufficient clarification never came, and in 1983 Ciba officially withdrew Dianabol from the u.s. market.467 Perhaps financial disinterest had a hand in their abandoned push to keep the drug approved. The FDA pulled all generic forms of methandrostenolone from the u.s. market in 1985, a time when most Western nations were also eliminating the drug, finding its existence to be justified mainly by sports doping. Methandrostenolone is still produced today, but typically in nations with loose prescription drug regulations, and by companies that still prefer to cater to an underground athletic market.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 01-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.

You are correct, i mispoke, steroids that are available in the US are available to treat something, not necessarily created though for the exact purpose they are marketed for. As far as i know, and i just did a quick search on pubmed, dbol was used in anemia patients, i am not sure what the advantages were, if any, as opposed to anadrol . As you can see in 1983 the FDA pulled their "probably effective" position for pituitary deficient dwarfism on the drug and it was discontinued shortly thereafter, which tells me once it no longer had a reason to be on the market it was yanked. If someone in the medical field is reading this, i would love an explanation, but as far as i know if you have an FDA approved drug it has to be approved to treat something.

Thread Information