MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

Anabolic Vs Cortisone

Has anyone ever tried injecting a healing steroid like deca into their joints for tendonitus relief in the same way a doc would inject cortisone for inflamation?
    I know this is risky business but was just curious.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    deca is good for joint pains...Madmax..

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Believe it or not I have a friend that does exactly that although personally I think he is insane. I think there is little reward to a direct injection into a joint with an anabolic . Why not just go get the cortisone shot and save the AAS for intramuscular injection? Besides a doctor should do that injection in my opinion.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Besides a doctor should do that injection in my opinion.
    Yep, injections into joints must be precise.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Please don't inject ANYTHING into your joints. If you get an infection in there it is a huge problem. A muscle abcess is easy to treat-a joint infection means surgery, long term antibiotics and almost certain chronic pain and decreased range of motion. Leaving aside whether this would help (which I can't imagine to be true) the risks far outway any benefit you might obtain.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    daradoc wrote--"""Please don't inject ANYTHING into your joints. If you get an infection in there it is a huge problem. A muscle abcess is easy to treat-a joint infection means surgery, long term antibiotics and almost certain chronic pain and decreased range of motion. Leaving aside whether this would help (which I can't imagine to be true) the risks far outway any benefit you might obtain."""

Don’t do it bro, you would be injecting an impure substance directly into an area where blood flow isn't cruising...that could cause a fester and welcome infection, the dissipation wont happen the same as intramuscularly...
    Don’t doctors give you an anesthesia shot before shooting into your joint?

Thread Information