tryin2getbig is offline Junior Member

Steroids and HIV/ Aids

okay here is the deal i am currently on my cycle of 600mg testosterone and 400mg deca per week. This is my 8th week and have 2 more to go. I recently went to the doctors where i had bloodwork done. I said to him that i wanted to get an HIV/Aids test. I am pretty sure that i have nothing to worry about in that sense, but i know that they check your white blood cell count for that. Now with the steroids they increase your red blood cell count but i was wondering if they effected your white count and if so do you think they can mess up the test results for the HIV/aids test. Or if the steroids will do anything else in the blood work besides showing my testosterone levels through the roof. Let me know...thanks

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    No. I have my blood work done tri-weekly when on and I have HIV/STD checks to go along with my blood work(it's a free add on). The test for those should not be altered.

White blood cell count increases with infection or virus.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    the hiv test is actually an antibody test not a WBC test. WBC's are only counted if you already have HIV and is a measure of the HIV infection. The antibody test is specific so Gear won'e influence the result.

tryin2getbig is offline Junior Member
    cool...thanks for the replies, just a little worried if it had anything to do with that. Thanks for the info

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by jeffylyte
    the hiv test is actually an antibody test not a WBC test. WBC's are only counted if you already have HIV and is a measure of the HIV infection. The antibody test is specific so Gear won'e influence the result.
    Jeffylyte hit the nail on the head. He is correct.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    hey pheedno do you have ins for three times a week or you pay out your pocket. just curious

adaptations is offline Member
    he meanrt tri weekly....EVERY THREE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!!

not three times a week!

but even if he did...im sure hed just have to pay the Co-Paymernt everytime.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    How important is it to get the blood test done? I'm about to start my cycle, and if i'm the average healthy guy, and nothing seems to be wrong, should I still get it done? Before? During? After?

Originally posted by H BOMB
    hey pheedno do you have ins for three times a week or you pay out your pocket. just curious

It's every three weeks. I just have to pay a $5 dollar co-pay. Insurance is great everyday of my life untill the bill comes.

Originally posted by Terinox
    How important is it to get the blood test done? I'm about to start my cycle, and if i'm the average healthy guy, and nothing seems to be wrong, should I still get it done? Before? During? After?
    I get mine done so much for research on different AS. I'll continue to do so while I'm introducing new AS in my cycles. After that, I'll still get bloodwork done before and after. It just gives poece of mind that your doing good after the stress your body's been through.

Everyone should at least get blood work done a couple to few times a year.

hey pheedno i have the lovely $5 co pay as well. (GOD bless my old man) how do you go about getting the blood tests done. bc i would like to get one bf and after for my next cycle in feb., but i just had my yearly physical done. do you have any special ones done or just a normal blood test? thanks bro

I just goin and ask my doc for:

Liver function
    Kidney function
    Red blood cell count
    Glucose level
    Cholesterol count
    STD check(Usually requires urine)
    HIV test

Now some of those(or all) were probably done in your physical and your doc might say the test isn't needed. My doc knows about my use and monitors me throughout so I just walk in and say give the work. I don't know if you doc knows and she/he could be suspicious if your getting blood work done so close together unless they are aware.

Have you gotten your results from your physical? If it was pretty close to your cycle start date than it probably won't change much. You could go in during or post cycle and ask for more blood work. That would be a few months down the road and you can just tell them your concerned because of a pre-contest diet you've been doing and want to make sure it isn't causing potential health risks.

thanks alot bro. i don't think that my doc is cool enough to tell him about my extra supps. i don't want my ins to know i use the sauce. as i think he might put that in there if i tell him. i will be lookin for a new doc.

Thread Information