DangerousGrounds is offline Junior Member

Arrow For bros who use HCG at high doses 2 times a week. And all you need to know about it

I think it is best to do HCG at 500iu or 1000iu ed rather than 2 shoots of 2500iu 2 times a week. To much at one time can result in downregulation of the LH receptors in the testes, and is therefore counterproductive. Overdosing of HCG can also result in gynecomastia

HCG: This does nothing with regard to inhibition of the hypothalamus and pituitary. Rather it acts like LH, and causes the testicles to produce testosterone just as if LH were present. It is useful then for avoiding testicular atrophy during the cycle. The best dosing method is to use small amounts frequently: 500 IU per day is sufficient, and 1000 IU may optionally be used. The amount may be given as a single daily dose or divided into two doses. Administration may be intramuscular or subcutaneous. More is not better: too much HCG can result in downregulation of the LH receptors in the testes, and is therefore counterproductive. Overdosing of HCG can also result in gynecomastia.
    --------------------
    Using HCG
    It is our opinion that HCG is probably one of the most misunderstood and misused compounds in bodybuilding. Hopefully this information will go some way towards rectifying that for the members of MuscleTalk. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin and is not a steroid , but a natural peptide hormone which develops in the placenta of pregnant women during pregnancy to controls the mother's hormones. (Incidentally, this is the reason you may hear of people testing for growth hormone (HGH) with a pregnancy testing kit - If their HGH shows 'pregnant', they've been ripped-off with cheaper HCG - but we digress slightly).

Its action in the male body is like that of LH, stimulating the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone even in the absence of endogenous LH. HCG is therefore used during longer or heavier steroid cycles to maintain testicular size and condition, or to bring atrophied (shrunken) testicles back up to their original condition in preparation for post-cycle Clomid therapy. This process is necessary because atrophied testicles produce reduced levels of natural testosterone, this situation should be rectified prior to post-cycle Clomid therapy.

HCG administration post-cycle is common practice among bodybuilders in the belief that it will aid the natural testosterone recovery, but this theory is unfounded and also counterproductive. The rapid rise in both testosterone, and thus oestrogen due to aromatisation, from the administration of HCG causes further inhibition of the HPTA (Hypothalamic/Pituitary/Testicular Axis - feedback loop discussed above); this actually worsens the recovery situation. HCG does not restore the natural testosterone production.

The typically observed dosing of 2000 to 5000IU every 4 to 5 days causes such an increase in oestrogen levels via aromatisation of the natural testosterone that this has been responsible for many cases of gynecomastia.

From the above discussion it is clear that HCG is best used during a cycle, either to:

1) Avoid testicular atrophy, or
    2) Rectify the problem of an existing testicular atrophy.

Doses of HCG
    Smaller doses, more frequently during a cycle will give best overall results with least unwanted side effects. Somewhere between 500iu and 1000iu per day would be best over about a two-week period. These doses are sufficient to avoid/rectify testicular atrophy without increasing oestrogen levels too dramatically and risking gynecomastia. This dosing schedule also avoids the risk of permanently down-regulating the LH receptors in the testes.

Presentation and Administration of HCG
    Synthetic HCG is often known as Pregnyl (generic name) and is available in 2500iu and 5000iu (not ideal for the above doses!). Administration of the compound is either by intra-muscular or subcutaneous injection. It comes as a powder which needs to be mixed with the sterile water. The powder is temperature-sensitive prior to mixing and should not be exposed to direct heat. After mixing, it should be kept refrigerated and used within a few weeks - though there are sterility issues which need to be considered after mixing.

Summary and Price of Clomid and HCG
    Clomid is more effective than HCG post cycle, but some long-term users like to use HCG during a cycle, or to prepare the testes for Clomid therapy.

LAWNSAVER is offline Associate Member
    I just had a very long debate with Swale over on AnaSci. He has got me convinced that during long cycles or ones containing deca or fina to take 500ius on every Saturday and Sunday throughout. This schedule wont allow any atrophy to set in. This is much better than reverting atrophy and makes it easier to recover!

might work

When To Start Clomid
    The correct time to commence Clomid depends on the type and cycle of steroids you have been using. Different steroids have different half-lifes (indicates the time a substance diminishes in blood), and Clomid administration should be taken accordingly.

As we have seen above, Clomid taken when androgen levels in our blood are still high will be a waste. It is crucial to wait for androgen levels to fall before implementing our Clomid therapy. However, if taken too late we could possibly lose gains.

The list below determines when you should start Clomid. Select from the list any steroids you've used in your cycle and whichever one has the latest starting point is the time to commence Clomid. For example, if Dianabol , Sustanon and Winstrol were cycled, the time for administering Clomid should be 3 weeks post cycle, as Sustanon remains active in the body for the longest period of time.

Steroid Time after
    last administration Length of
    Clomid Cycle
    Anadrol50/Anapolan50: 8 - 12 hours 3 weeks
    Deca durabolan: 3 weeks 4 weeks
    Dianabol: 4 - 8 hours 3 weeks
    Equipoise : 17 - 21 days 3 weeks
    Finajet/Trenbolone : 3 days 3 weeks
    Primabolan depot: 10 - 14 days 2 weeks
    Sustanon: 3 weeks 3 weeks
    Testosterone Cypionate : 2 weeks 3 weeks
    Testosterone Enanthate /Testaviron: 2 weeks 3 weeks
    Testosterone Propionate : 3 days 3 weeks
    Testosterone Suspension : 4 - 8 hours 2-3 weeks
    Winstrol 8 - 12 hours 2-3 weeks

How To Take Clomid
    Clomid has a long half-life (possibly 5 days), so there is no need to split up doses throughout the day. If Sustanon has been used and Clomid is commenced 3 weeks after the last injection, I would estimate that androgen levels are low enough to start sending the correct signals. If androgen levels are still a little high, we need to start at a high enough amount that will work or help, even if androgen levels are still a little high. Try 300mg on day 1; then use 100mg for the next 10 days; followed by 50mg for 10 days.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    HCG is useful in long cycles where testicular atrophy is an issue. I think twice a week every week is overkill but opinions on HCG are all over the place. Personally I use it every six to eight weeks but I am on year around now so this is mostly for cosmetic purposes.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    As Rickson kinda said, for us year around guys, or for me personally I use HCG kind of like when you leave a car sitting to long with out starting it, it may not run the next time you go to start it... Hence I use HCG to stimulate gonadal function... So I don’t have a permanent problem... i use HCG and Nolvadex ... I do a androgenic to anabolic then repeat taking nolvedex during high androgenic intake and hcg after the 2nd rotation of androgenic to anabolic... I don’t need the high $ clomid...
    But for the true cycle runner 8-12 week guys they probably should use a HCG/clomid when getting off...but lets really admit what happens, those guys probably start back up a month 2 months later, so really they don’t get off, they just don’t know it...ya know

Although a thought could be presentented that with out acheiving HPTA physically that gonadal function may cease and the only way to make the boys work is the HCG,
    Last edited by mmaximus25; 01-11-2003 at 03:38 AM.

Thread Information