Thread: advice

zeeb93 is offline Junior Member

advice

I am writing in regards to a family who is in HER last stages of life due to cancer. I spoke to her doctor about the use of AS to help her ragain some strength and help improve her quality of life. He agreed that it was a good idea and presribed this:
    Deca @ 25mg every 2 weeks

When I mentioned to him that it would not take effect for 2 weeks, he said that this is not usually an issue in his experience because of the placebo effect on the patient knowing that they are taking steroids . Can someone help me with this? I am not sure what may be a better AS to take to get quicker results, and then maybe move her over to deca after 2 or 3 weeks. I do think that Deca is a good choice I am nust not sure about the wait, and the dose does seem a little low, but remeber this: She weighs only 120lbs, is 68 yrs. old, and is trying to gain a little strength and maybe some appetite.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys and/or gals

thanks

MDMA is offline Banned
    Heh. 25mg every 2 weeks? Are you kidding me. That won't do shit. Like the doc said, if anything does happen, it'll be a placebo.

Save your money and buy her about 100 tabs of acid and send her on a nice long walk in the desert, that's how I want to go out.

okay asshole that is my dying grandmother...if you are not going to help shutup and leave it alone. I didn't ask how you wanted to die.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Try getting him to prescribe her a low dosage of var, like 10mg/day. It is given to AIDS patients to help prevent muscle wasting and will probably help her out at least somewhat. 25mg/E2W of deca is pretty low of a dosage though, even for a woman.

MDMA is offline Banned
    But you did ask for my opinion bud. If you didnt want, dont ask. And SURE AS HELL dont get in my face when you get what you asked for. Chill the fuck out.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with NJ anavar would probably be the ideal choice in this situation and would not require injections.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Deca @ 25mg every two weeks is hardly enough... a low dosage of Var would be better, as nj said. Prednisone might be a drug to look into if you haven't already.

I won't even waste my time with you.

Besides that, anavar acutally seems like a good idea, what about taking both though? I think that the effect that deca can have on joint problems and pains would be very good. Do you think that anavar and deca together would be okay in this situation?

I won't even waste my time with you. = MDMA

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Assuming she is in the last stages of cancer I would think the benefits of deca on the joints would be minimal. There would probably be more effective drugs to help with pain at this point.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    zeeb93,

I hope all goes as smoothly as possible for your grandmother, you and your family. It's a difficult situation.

You might consider checking out some of the steroids that are commonly prescirbed to patients with wasting syndrome or AIDS. There probably is very good information on the net about this topic.

Best to your grandmother, you and your family. Let us know what she decides to use.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    try kytril for the pain..my wifes grandmother just passed from cancer and she was on kytril, luekoviron, morphine pump...i don't know if i spelled leukovirin correctly but i hope that this helps...i am sorry to hear about your grandmtoher...Madmax..

Thread Information