Thread: Taper or Not

Big&Cut is offline New Member

Taper or Not

Under Drug Profiles for HCG there is recommendation for a taper of AS: "Most athletes, however, use HCG at the end of a treatment in order to avoid a "crash," that is, to achieve the best possible transition into "natural training." A precondition, however, is that the steroid intake or dosage be reduced slowly and evenly before taking HCG." However others do not recommend the taper of AS.

For a novice such as myself it makes sense to taper the end of a cycle so that your body can slowly recover. With less AS there would be less negative feed back to lower natural test. production until homeostasis is reached (with additional help from HCG and Clomid). However some do not believe in the taper and I like to know why? It would be great if some one could clarify this for me and point me to some good sources.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    We are in the process of updating the profiles. That is an old and outdated mode of thought. The reality is your body only knows when to much "testosterone " is being produced and then the negative feedback loop kicks in shutting down HPTA function. It does not measure how much more is present. In other words if you run 8 weeks of test at 500 mgs a week and then dropped down to 250 mgs of test for two weeks you will still be everybit as shutdown as you were at the higher dose only without as much benefit for growth. Tapering is not an effective means of recovery and the reality is you are just extending a cycle without the benefit of the higher drug amounts in essence making recovery take longer. If you want to recover quicker then use shorter acting esters and run cycles that are in the 8-12 week range. Make sure you use clomid and if testicular atrophy use HCG at the appropriate times.

Big&Cut is offline New Member
    Thanks Rickson. Appreciate your help. We were discussing that with my friend, why are allot of people against the taper now. What you say makes sense. I was discussing this with my doctor and he recommended for "testosterone therapy " that it should be administered topically and with a taper. These therapies are usually at much lower dosages to help sexual dysfunctions and/or lack of energy. Topical test. releases slowly over time and at lower dosages so the feed back system is never off. So a taper would work in this situation. But for body building the much higher indictable dosages will shut down the HPTA function. What dosages can do this? I don't know. I guess it would vary from person to person.

Thread Information