Thread: ATP

raoul3 is offline Associate Member

ATP

I've read a group of elite sprinters have been injecting ATP by itself. Has anyone experienced with it, doses, how dangerous? Any info would be helpful. I've found the vet grade on the net and it's cheap, and legal too...

BIG-G is offline Banned
    MAKE SURE U PUT THE PILLS IN FIRST

Well you do know AMP is injected by itself right ? And since AMP (Adenosine monosphate) is broken down from ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), why couldn't be ATP be used by itself too...?? I know it has by some people. Here is the vet grade, it's legal so I can post it. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/expressvet/3013.html

Bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    dick,
    I'm not sure what you are laughing about but both sublingual and injectible ATP have been around for a while now. The problem is it is very short lived in the body. As a matter of fact the body really doesn't store ATP hardly at all meaning constant production is imperative. I don't think supplementation helps that much but then again I am no sprinter. It is sold as an energy and muscle contraction enhancer but again it has not been shown to be a miracle drug of any kind.

Raoul3,
    If you want more info on it I will send you a couple of studies and articles just PM me.

Thanks a lot Rickson!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You are correct that ATP last very little time in the bloodstream. I also agree with you that using it as a supplement is not very effective. However extracellularly, ATP has been found to act as a neurotransmitter. ATP receptors are widespread through the body. On its own it is known to have effects in the arteries, intestines, lungs, and bladder. It is also often released in tandem with other neurotransmitters, perhaps to add chemical stability. You should also know that around the world ATP supplements have been and are being used in all the following conditions:

1. Acrocyanosis: (Discoloration of hands and feet due to poor circulation).

2. Acroparaesthesiae: (Tingling in hands and feet).

3. Asthma: (In general).

4. Back Pain: (Particularly mild lower back pain).

5. Cardiology: (Spasms related to the coronary arteries and thrombosis of peripheral vessels.
    And as a preventative for potential heart attack).

6. Chronic Asthenia: (Accompanied or not by low blood pressure, genital and senile asthenia,
    stress).

7. Circulatory Alterations: (In general).

8. Convalescence: (Following operations and of seriously ill patients).

9. Dermatology: (Atopic dermatitis, chronic and acute eczema).

10. Diabetes: (As a coadjutant in the treatment of diabetic arteriopathies).

11. Ear Problems: (Ménière's Disease, Tinnitus [ringing in the ears], deafness due to nerves,
    deafness due to streptomycin).

12. Endocrinology: (In general).

13. Geriatrics: (Improve well being and energy).

14. Gynecology: (Particularly alterations due to spasms of the uterine muscle).

15. Itching: (In general).

16. Neurology: (As a coadjutant in the treatment of extended sclerosis and other neurological
    lesions and related to muscular dystrophy’s).

17. Nutrition: (In general).

18. Ophthalmology: (Strained eyesight).

19. Poisoning: (In general).

20. Raynaud's Disease: (Blanching of the fingers and toes).

21. Rheumatism: (In general).

22. Sports Medicine: (Training, physical strain, fatigue of all kinds).

23. Surgery: (Prior to and following surgery to prevent anoxia

The main reason I asked why you were laughing is because (unless I misread) your post seems to imply that "Real" ATP cannot be found. Since you seem to have some working knowledge of chemistry I am sure the post just read incorrectly since it is both easy and inexpensive to produce.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    INTRODUCING THE GUEST REFEREE FOR THIS BOUT == BIG-G! IN THE FIRST CORNER A MAN OF UNKNOWN PHYSICAL DYMENTIONS AND A MED TEXT IN HIS HAND, "RICKSON",,, IN THE OPPOSTIE CORNER THE ORIGINAL TEXAS CHAIN SAW MURDERER MAsKED AS A DOCTOR AND COVERED IN RIPPED MUSCLE,"DICKRENEGADE"
    Last edited by BIG-G; 01-11-2003 at 05:47 AM.

Thread Information