MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

Caution About First Cycle

For those getting ready to do your first cycle I can only give you one advise of caution. Watch your form more so than usual or your joints will start killing you. This will be especially true when the cycle ends.
    My strength went up big time. My arms measured a little over 20 inches pumped and I kept my strength up set after set. Due to this I developed chronic tendonitus in my right elbow and bicep. I never had these problems before!
    If I had it to do over I would have used a slower positive movement and a lesser amount of weight. Now my arm hurts so bad I;m losing size from not being able to train. Who knows how long this will last?
    I wish someone had given me this information before I hit my first cycle. I was so caught up in getting bigger at the time that I didnt realize just what a first cycle can do to your joints. I think I also overtrained a little bit. I was under the impression I would need to increase my volume to get all the benefits of the drugs. Well looking back that was not the case because I was getting so much stronger each week that I was continually breaking down more muscle tissue with the same amount of sets.
    Now Ronnie Coleman may do 12 sets every three days but I'd recommend more on the 6 to 7 sets twice a week plan if I had to do it over instead of 10 sets every three days. Most importantly I would have concentrated on better form more so than weight increases. Both gives results but one causes more injuries.
    Just something for you guys to think about . Good Luck MR.BICEPS

KeyMastur is offline VET
    True, but sometimes you gotta risk a little form for a little strength - of course this all depends on the exercises you're doing.

Basically, just get a spotter to help keep your form correct as you are increasing the weights at such a rapid tempo.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Also the reason a 175lbs gym newbie should not run to the sauce. Time spent natural will teach you basics. For example, knowing how to detect overtraining. Knowing what foods effect you differently. Knowing what split does what... I personally need lots of warm up sets for triceps (elbows) than other bodyparts.

Gear should only be used by advanced athletes for this reason. It is a supplement to be used to aid in a beneficial environment for growth. But not used as a crutch to make up for lack of knowledge and experience.

MR BICEPS - not saying your a beginner, but merely adding to your post.

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member
    I agree with you guys. I just dont want to see anyone else hurt their joints on a first cycle like I did.
    I've trained for years but it was all natural training. I was under the impression one must do quite a bit more high intensity volume than naturals. But like I said above its not the case in exception to a couple of extra sets per exercise.
    Also everyones joints are different. Some of us are more prone to joint injuries with very heavy weights than others.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Caution About First Cycle

Originally posted by MR BICEPS
    For those getting ready to do your first cycle I can only give you one advise of caution. Watch your form more so than usual or your joints will start killing you. This will be especially true when the cycle ends.
    My strength went up big time. My arms measured a little over 20 inches pumped and I kept my strength up set after set. Due to this I developed chronic tendonitus in my right elbow and bicep. I never had these problems before!
    If I had it to do over I would have used a slower positive movement and a lesser amount of weight. Now my arm hurts so bad I;m losing size from not being able to train. Who knows how long this will last?
    I wish someone had given me this information before I hit my first cycle. I was so caught up in getting bigger at the time that I didnt realize just what a first cycle can do to your joints. I think I also overtrained a little bit. I was under the impression I would need to increase my volume to get all the benefits of the drugs. Well looking back that was not the case because I was getting so much stronger each week that I was continually breaking down more muscle tissue with the same amount of sets.
    Now Ronnie Coleman may do 12 sets every three days but I'd recommend more on the 6 to 7 sets twice a week plan if I had to do it over instead of 10 sets every three days. Most importantly I would have concentrated on better form more so than weight increases. Both gives results but one causes more injuries.
    Just something for you guys to think about . Good Luck MR.BICEPS
    Great post! It's a bummer that you learned this from getting hurt, but it's awesome that you took the time to warn other people. A lot of people don't ever realize what you wrote until it's too late.

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    Yea I thought I was invincible on my first cycle........week 11 of 12 week cycle I developed severe tendonitis in mboth wrists and right forearm . Newbies Dont let the gear let you mind think you can do something your body knows it cant.

Starting second week of my second cycle .still have some pain when I curl ..................BE CAREFUL!!

Thread Information