Polska is offline Anabolic Member

No pumps while on morning D-Bol bridge, what could be cause?

For the past week I've been doing early morning (5:30am'ish) workouts with a 10mg/ed D-bol bridge to help with catabolism. Strength has been good, and I haven't noticed any sides (no bloating) due to the minimal AM dosage.

However....my pumps have disappeared. During my evening workouts I could build up such a great pump that I thought my muscles were going to explode. During my AM workouts, nadda. I just finished 45mins of bi's and they feel just as un-pumped as when I got into the gym. I am doing strict isolation and I am not training with any less intensity than when I was working out in the evenings. I also know my D-bol's not bunk due to it being left over from my previous cycle. I take down some glutamine w/ creatine in a gatorade mix before the gym and right after. During excercise I sip on a diluted gatorade/water mix to keep glucose up due to my over-night carb fast.

I believe I am still stimulating muscle growth because of delayed on-set muscle soreness 24-72 hours after activity. But still no pumps! Not enough pure H20 during the workout maybe??

shorty2big is offline Member
    My guess would be some dehydration and low glycogen levels from the nights sleep.
    S2B

so...

Would a bigger insulin spike in the morning increase glycogen stores within the muscle cells? Should I add some Vanadyl to the morning pre-workout mix to improve insulin sensitivity?

...or am I basically going to have to sacrifice my workout pumps by training in the morning? I think training in the AM is a great way to start off my day but man, the pump is the most satisfying feeling I get while I work out. Without it my work outs just seem half-assed.

Bump....

Nobody else on this?

Could it have anything to do with me taking an ECA ... well, mainly just EC ... stack along with Creatine? I heard caffeine and Creatine are a no-no with Caffeine being a mild diuretic. Or could it be taking Glutamine and Creatine in the same mix?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Short term hypertrophy, "the pump", is a result of fluid acculation in the muscle. The pump disappears when water returns to the blood stream. So being properly hydrated is really the key to good pumps.

Ephedrine and Caffeine can compromise this - be sure you are getting enough water and try to increase the glucose transport drink. It will help transport water. Have you tried 2 scoops of Cell Tech/gallon of water as a drink? It has lots of good transports and ingredients that would help hydrate the muscles - including creatine.

Otherwise - try and increase the amount of gatorade to the point where it does not give cramps (you don't want blood in your stomach, in your muscles rather). And opening up a couple caps of Alpha Lipoic Acid and putting it into the drink is deffinitly worth a shot. And begin sipping it before you get to the gym.

Thanks Warrior, I'll definately give it a shot.

Thread Information