2timer is offline Senior Member

cholestrol question?

I just got my blood test after my cycle and everything was fine but my cholestrol was a little higher then before the cycle but nothin to worry about but I was wondering was this the result of roids. My cycle was deca /test/winny. should I do some percution for my next cycle which includes fina/winny/cytomel /clen
    or there is nothin I can do?

darmadoc is offline Member
    What were the numbers?

numbers were!

the numbers were 4.25 normal ranger is 3.5-4.23. the doctor said its no worries it might have been with my food or something but I am still wondering why did it go up?

TTTT is offline Junior Member
    Bump, that's a good question..... I know that the protein powders I take are high in cholesteral! maybe that sheds a little light on the subject. Some more opinions on this one would be great.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Deca seems to raise cholesterol although personally I think cholesterol counts aren't really all that important.

thanx for the replies!

thanx for the replies! need more opinion keep it coming

i am not sure about the unit

I donno the units but the number is right 4.25 not 4.5 anyways

greatinflate is offline Junior Member
    roids raise total cholesterol and raise LDL's too. desirable cholesterol is 200 and below. mine was 195 off of a cycle! LDL's should be 40 and above the higher the better. mine was like 33. my numbers were perfect before i ever started this game. no doubt they effect your blood pressure, triglycerides and total cholesterol.

freakmaster is offline Junior Member

wrong info bro.

Just to let you know LDL< or low density lipoprotein Cholesterol is the bad kind which can collect and deposin inside of arterial walls. A LDL of 160 is considered high risk and a LDL below 130 is considered ideal. Obviousely anything in between is considered boderline high risk.

HDL-Cholesterol is the good kind as it transports cholesterol from peripheral areas to the liver. Think of it as a scavenger, or if you prefer a more testosteronish example, think of HDL-C as a massive bastard that bounces loud mouth jerks out of the club. Your HDL-C should be 35 or higher. Sixty of higher is ideal and anything below 35 is considered a high risk factor.

Finally, your Total to HDL- ratio is simply the amount of total cholesterol divided buy your HDL levels. So is your total cholesterol is 200 and your HDL is 50, your HDL level is 4. Men should have a ratio below 4.5 and women should be below 4. The ideal ratio is below 3.5.

Triglyceride levels can also be a risk factor, as well as a few other things like homocysteine levels, oxidative stress and plain old every day stress. (1,2)However, the cholesterol profile seems to be the best determinant of your chances of a heart attact.

Thread Information