The Butcher is offline Member

Still need some Insulin suggestions

Well, just when you think you have something figured out you ask another opinion, and get a different answer. So, here is the short of the long:

I want to try Insulin . I have Humilin R. When is the best time to take it, and what do I need to consume after taking it? Here are the two suggestions I have been given.

My original plan was to take it (10iu) first thing in the morning, drink a protein shake and some Cell-Tech, and then eat a meal about 2 hours later with more protein and carbs. Then, take a shot(10iu) post-workout, have the same type of shake, and Cell-Tech. Follow with a meal about 1.5 hours later. I was also going to take 2iu of growth in the AM, and 2iu of growth before bed.

My new advice is to take 12iu first thing in the AM, eat a meal with protein and carbs (including alot of sugar, perhaps ontop of my oatmeal or something) right after the shot, and then have a shake (including dextrose, creatine, and glutamine) about 2 hours later. Also, take ~4iu of growth at the same time I take the Insulin shot. And that would be the only Insulin shot, and growth shot I took all day.

Which of those two plans sounds better to you guys? I am trying to stay fairly lean while doing this, so it almost seems like the second plan would work better as far as keeping fat off is concerned, but I wasn't sure which one would allow for the greatest muscle gains. Thanks for your input.

Shredder is offline Associate Member
    To get the most anabolic effect of insulin is to time the peak ( which takes about 2 hours for humulin R) with your workout. If you workout for 1 hour then take humulinR one hour before you work out. Right when you finnish your workout the anabolic window(when your musles are most sensitive to nutrients) which opens only for 1 hour your slin would have peaked. You dont need to much carbs for slin if your thinking bout not gaining too much unwated fat. for 8iu i use only about 50 carbs. Just take a glucose creatine. before excersise. And for somereason you feeling hypoglycemic just have a soda pop with you.

Hangman is offline New Member
    I have only taken Humalog so I can't really comment on your questions as what to do-though what you have written (both) sounds like advice that has been given many times on insulin use.

Personally, I never really liked using insulin without training first. Even with adequate protien and carbs my body always felt "out of phase" I guess, without training. Plus, it seems with me and logically, your body can handle more IUs after training as compared to before or without training.

Also, you obviously have done some research so you know the risks of insulin use. I train at night and hate taking in all those carbs so late. So over a few weeks i kept cutting back and cutting back to see what my minimum carb intake would be. I did this only because the Humalog is extremely fast acting and I was at my home each time. Close to all the simple carbs/sugar I could get my hands n in an emergency. The point is, when you do not have sufficient carbs, your body lets you know and the "insulin coma" is no fucking hype man.

So be responsible. This is really the only BB substance that can kill you on the spot. 10 IUs is a middle number. Not sure about the timing you have written, cause like I said, I have only done humalog. But my personal experience is don't try to cut the carbs too close until you have done a few cycles of it and know your body better. More is definately better in this case until you get dialed in.

If no one responds, do a search. I have a feeling there are quite a few threads that can help you with this.

Shredder is offline Associate Member
    I use humonolog also. Humunolog takes 1 hour to peak. So I take it right before i workout. Then one hour later I take allthe protein and creatine and some carbs I can handle. works good. Maybe not for you but it has done wonders for me.

Thread Information