Thread: saying hello

bigjohnstud is offline Junior Member

Talking saying hello

hey guys just wanted to say hello....this is such an awsome site, i've been reading it for months now and finally signed up after i've found out how knowledgeable and friendly everyone is. some info on me: i'm 6'4" 215 lbs and 23 yo. i've been stuck at 215 lbs for the last year and have been considering using gear to help me get past that mark. i would like to get to 240 lbs and keep it there. also i'm pretty cut now i work out hard all the time and have a bf of around 9% but i just seem to have peeked out on weight gain and strength gains. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. take it easy guys and thanks

Big John

Mike Guest
    Hey bud - welcome to the board - where in SoCal are ya? San Diego here - as for recommendations I think a basic sus/deca cycle would work really well for you - some people are invariably going to jump on this thread telling you to throw dbol in as well but just remember you dont need to gain that 25lbs all in one cycle - it would be a better 25lbs if you took time - besides I dont like recommending people to blow all of that crap on their first cycle as you WILL screw up and learn a lot on that cycle so it will be good to just get a feel for what the effects are on your body.

Talking san diego

hey mike, man i never noticed that you were from so cal. actually i live like 20 miles north of SD, vista to be specific. anyways i agree that i don't need to gain the 25 lbs all at once. i've been working out hard for 5 years and even with the last year not being that productive i still train hard so i just want to be safe with what i do. also, i've been on accutane before although i'm off it now i really am hoping my acne won't resurface once i'm on the gear. so any thoughts on that would be cool too. Thanks,

Big John

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Eat like hell

Hey Big J.S.
    Welcome to the board man. Hope that you find all the info that you need. So you wanna gain wieght do you? Check out some of the reciepes over on the diet and nutrition board, they can make dieting a whole heck of alot more interesting. Take in high protein low fat eat 5 to 6 meals a day and keep your cardio up. Your body fat content looks pretty good, you don't need to lose it by incresing you caloric intake. Good luck with your training. And if you have any questions just post them up and let everyone have a stab at it.
    Later,
    Tobey

diet

actually tobey i diet really well, i think? i take in 5 meals a day usually consisting of some protein shakes and i'm on creatine but like i said i think i've just hit a plateu. which i know this happens, but i've tried changing things around and haven't seen the gains i normally have gotten. i appreciate the advice though i have read the diet column. thanks,

Big John

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    i recently hit a plateu and couldn't get around it. 5 weeks after my cycle had finished and i still was at the same wieght. I know i know u should expect to loose some gains. And i did 5 pounds, but in those 5 weeks i worked my ass off and was determined to make sure that my strength stayed where its at. So i took a week off, it hurt but i had to. Now i am back and stronger then ever! it unbelieveable how much stronger u can get if u give yourself a little rest. I bumped all my sets up on average 10 to 20 pounds depending on the exercise. I still cant believe it!

rest

ya i've done that also, so you have cycled and gained some and then went back to what you were before you cycled or did you lose some weight after you gained some from your cycle. say i'm benching 265 for 8 reps then i might rest for a week and when i get back into it i might do 265 for 10 reps, it's just not the gains i'm hoping for. so i'm taking mike sugestions to consideration plus what i've been reading up on. i'm gonna put something together and see what the big dogs think. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Big John

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    strength wise, i am now stronger then when i was on, and weight; 5 pounds lighter then when i was on.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

No Flame

Big J.S.,
    No flame was intended, I just did'nt see anything about nutrition in your post and it always amazes me how alot of people will look toward riods without giving a great diet a chance but then at your present b/f of 9% I guess I kinda jumped the gun on that one, sorry bro. Anyway good luck with your gains.
    Later,
    Tobey
    Last edited by Tobey; 08-27-2001 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information