Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chuck_R is offline Member

Alcohol & Steroids

I know alcohol and oral steroids are a big no-no, but what about injectables? I'm talkin' about 3-4 drinks or so a week.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    alcohol is bad for you period. But it shouldnt be all that bad for you as long as your injectables arent winstrol . (aa alkalyated)

Atomini is offline Banned
    If you can't drop your drinking habits, you shouldn't even be bodybuilding. Period.

Not a habit, just enjoy a beer every now and then. 3-4 a week would be unusual.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Another drinking thread....*yawn*

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    Drinking is bad for your goals, and if you cant kick a 3-4 beer a week habit, then how do you know you will have the dedication to put pins in yourself every week and stick to a good diet and training program?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    If you can't drop your drinking habits, you shouldn't even be bodybuilding. Period.

sitries is offline Associate Member
    lets be honest, having 3or 4 beers a week is no big deal. youl be fine. theres nothing wrong with chilling with a beer, even for a bodybuilder.

SilverToungedDevil is offline Associate Member
    i agree with both sides... i think that if you are comitted to seeing as many results as you can then you need to atleast give it up for the duration of your cycle and pct. But in all honesty, i don't think that its the end of the world if you have a couple beers a week. But lets just end this whole thing... its your body and you can do whatever you want with it. Some people are more comitted than others but all in all you get what you are putting in, and that includes making sacrifices for the bigger more important picture.

~Devil

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    I personally dont ever drink, gave it up a couple years back. But I dont see only having a few beers hurting you any. Worst case scenario you gain a lil more fat then you would have.

sphincter is offline Member
    according to my Dr. when I asked him this exact question he said a drink a day would be GOOD for me but more than 2/day could have negative effects. Basically, 3-4 a week should be no big deal. I don't drink much but every now and then I will indulge myself.

Rob The Bat is offline Junior Member
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a few drinks a week.

Doctors are idiots. It's all just guesswork in a white coat.

sphincter is offline Member
    Doctors are idiots. It's all just guesswork in a white coat.

and who do you suppose discovered the wondrous uses of testosterone ??

pr0digy9daniel is offline Associate Member
    I disagree wwith you people, some of us like to have lives, and I dont personally drink that much. Usually, specail occaisons, maybe every 2 weeks... I think 2 or 3 drinks on a saturday night once or twice a month, or maybe more isnt that bad. Just dont overdo it, and do some extra cardio (maybe also cut your calories that day a little, to offset the alcohol calories) and you are fine... I really doubt low levels of alcohol is bad, even with orals (although I dont use em), I think you should definately get your bloodwork done first... I drink occaisonally and I do injectables..

skycowboy is offline Junior Member
    I usually fill the syringe with 1cc of test e and the other 2cc’s with Crown Royal. They compliment each other quiet well.

TexSavant is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sphincter
    and who do you suppose discovered the wondrous uses of testosterone??
    A Schering chemist named Adolf Butendandt, who synthesized testosterone in 1935, for which he won the Nobel Prize in 1939. The prize was also shared by a Croat chemist named Leopold Ruzicka, who was the first to isolate the chemical.

IMHO, part of the birth of the image problem (in the beginning) was their perception as a "nazi drug". The Nazis were giving some soldiers in the SS testosterone to enhance their "manliness", a well known obsession of Hitler's.(He insisted that the battleship Bismarck be refered to as a HE)

Of course the problem is much larger now, owing to Americans' cultural insecurities and prejudices regarding drugs, largely due to the outrageously irresponsible use of truly dangerous drugs like heroin and crack.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    back to the point...a few drinks wont hurt you. obviously it is better to avoid it all together, but it happens, dont make it a habit to drink on cycle.

alcohol is an investment without a return anyways

Quote Originally Posted by sphincter
    and who do you suppose discovered the wondrous uses of testosterone??
    The ancient greek athletes, when they would eat sheep testicles in massive amounts.

They didn't know wtf was going on, all they knew was it was making a difference!

The ancient greek athletes, when they would eat sheep testicles in massive amounts.

They didn't know wtf was going on, all they knew was it was making a difference!
    back in a bit guys, im heading to the butcher

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    My life same as others on this board isn't body building. On not a body builder 1st everything else second. Also you know how many pro bodybuilders do a lot worse then drink and drink. So your cant do both is BS

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_redhill
    I know alcohol and oral steroids are a big no-no, but what about injectables? I'm talkin' about 3-4 drinks or so a week.

I would avoid alcohol on cycle...should be easy to do for 8-12 weeks.

SNUKA is offline Member
    i mean a glass of red wine with dinner a few times a week might be good, but a glass of jack and coke is probably not while on cycle

Pops1985 is offline Associate Member
    Easy if it makes you feel bad instead of doing 3 @4 do 2 @ 3 beers, Better than Fries lol

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    id rather and munch on meat than drink
    Last edited by farrebarre; 10-20-2007 at 08:14 PM.

edited out
    Last edited by Amorphic; 10-20-2007 at 08:16 PM.

I did not mean to open up such a cup of worms, just an educational question. I could go the rest of my life without alcohol. My liver enzymes are the picture of wellness, at least that's what my doc said...anyway, I'm gonna go grab a beer.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    didnt know it was against the rules to mention that coz we spend all day on this forum talking about steroids ..

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    didnt know it was against the rules to mention that coz we spend all day on this forum talking about steroids..
    yeah, silly as it is, no rec drug talk.

Oh yes, the greeks and romans believed in eating the testicles of bulls and goats and what not and usually did so raw. Come to think of it, I greatly prefer the needle.

I certainly agree. Its more satifying. When I drink i feel like i'm imbibing worthless calories. Now if they could invent a zero calorie alcohol.....then maybe......

EatLiftSleep is offline Junior Member
    Guys what is worse on the liver

Drinking regularly, say 3-4 times a week, or every weekend, OR using steroids (safely, 1-2 cycles a year)?
    Serious question.

I don't drink AT ALL, so I figure, a few cycles a year won't hurt me. Plan to run test, winny (6 weeks a year max) and dbol (6 weeks a year max) maybe some deca too for bulking.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLiftSleep
    Drinking regularly, say 3-4 times a week, or every weekend, OR using steroids (safely, 1-2 cycles a year)?
    Serious question.

another alcohol vs. steroids question...i don't think their is a difinitive answer for this, it's never been studied...just people opinions

barbosa2 is offline New Member
    i am sure as long as your on injections your few beers a week will be ok. just don't do your injections early in the morning if your drinking night before. Drink lots of water next day you want your blood stream clean before an injection. But i hear drinking lots or even littles of alcohol increases estrogen levels. Which is bad for guys. "you see some old guys who drink a lot and have bitch tits" Its most likely from drinking. just keep your limit down cause the extra test you inject might aromatase into estrogen. but a six pack a week is not to worry about.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

Call me

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I love it when a thread like this comes up and people swarm over it with hardcore mantra preaching - only worms drink beer! bodybuilders scorn the evil liquid blah blah.

It's about inputs and outputs and in bodybuilding they are directly related. If you want a few beers it won't kill you. On the other hand the more dedicated you are, the more you will see gains and beer won't help.

jon eastwood is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph
    alcohol is bad for you period. But it shouldnt be all that bad for you as long as your injectables arent winstrol. (aa alkalyated)
    winstroll and alcohol not mix?

gooer is offline Associate Member
    "I'm a competitive bodybuilder; I'm not training just to be healthy. Ninety-five percent of the people training with weights are into this health thing, and it's a different mentality entirely. As far as I'm concerned, it's bullshit; otherwise I wouldn't drink. I make my protein drink with whiskey. People think I'm crazy, but that's the way I am. I get stoned, I do my own thing."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger (the greatest bodybuilder of all time)

Quote Originally Posted by gooer
    "I'm a competitive bodybuilder; I'm not training just to be healthy. Ninety-five percent of the people training with weights are into this health thing, and it's a different mentality entirely. As far as I'm concerned, it's bullshit; otherwise I wouldn't drink. I make my protein drink with whiskey. People think I'm crazy, but that's the way I am. I get stoned, I do my own thing."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger (the greatest bodybuilder of all time)
    he may be a legend but thats a stupid statement from anyone let alone a pro bber.

i take my health seriously, and i just plain hate alcohol so its not a worry for me

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Arnold and franco use to take a keg and a buncha girls and go out to the woods. do squats till they couldnt walk and get drunk all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information