Acupuncture is offline New Member

Quick Nolva Question

Everyone knows to expect a decrease in testicular size while taking adrogenic\anabolic substances(SUS250, Test), but can this be decreased by adding Nolva into a cycle? If so, should it be towards the beginning or the end of it? Thanks

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    not really, test or any androgen/anabolic is going to influence the hpta negatively to some degree, so nolva isn't going to inhibit or even limit this, hcg will definately help though, but can cause gyno in higher/frequent doses, also can decrease sensitivity in the leydig cells and make the testes less responsive to LH, so be careful...

Acupuncture is offline New Member
    Thanks dj, some good advice. So I guess pretty much it's something more or less a person has to anticipate and deal with.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    I know some people who take 50mg of clomid ED in their cycle to help prevent testicular atrophy, but it varies from person to person as to how effective it is.

jas-x is offline New Member
    cool

mcgirkz is offline New Member
    Originally posted by nj_
    I know some people who take 50mg of clomid ED in their cycle to help prevent testicular atrophy, but it varies from person to person as to how effective it is.
    how does clomid prevent atrophy? i thought is was an anti-e like nolvadex ?

freakzilla_tn is offline New Member
    how does clomid prevent atrophy? i thought is was an anti-e like nolvadex?

rather than being an anti-estrogen chlomid is a synthetic estrogen

mcgirkz is offline New Member
    Originally posted by freakzilla_tn

rather than being an anti-estrogen chlomid is a synthetic estrogen
    is clomid and chlomid one in the same? or are they 2 seperate drugs?

and isn't clomid and nolvadex mild estrogens? that compete with estrogen in the body at receptor sites like breast tissue. is that why they were given the anti-e name?

trying to learn

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Yes they both have anti-e properties. Taking clomid or nolva while on a cycle may help prevent testicular atrophy a little but only if the effectiveness of the steriods is low.

Taking clomid and nolva during a cycle can reduce the effectiveness of the cycle - for most steriods to work effectively some aromitisation must occur and the body must use some of the estrogen released.

My advice is, stick to the recommended advice. Do your cycle, take nolva if you get gyno twinges and take clomid (and hcg ) after your cycle to return your hpta to normal. If your cycle is particulalry long and you want to reduce atrophy or take a short 'rest' take hcg in the middle of your cycle.

Thread Information