m16a2 is offline Senior Member

How to ask a new doc for bloodwork?

Ok, I recently was forced to switch insurance (health) providers to my school's insurance plan. I am going in for an appointment on friday with a doctor who I don't even know yet. I gotta get a few scripts for the meds I'm taking, but I also wanted to get the bloodwork done to check my test levels since I stopped taking clomid 4-5 days ago. I think its rather important since I was taking deca . I know about the doc/patient confidentiality, but I really don't think I would want to tell the doc about my aas usage on the first appointment, if it ever becomes necessary to tell him/her. So, how would I ask the doc to check my bloodwork without having to disclose too much information?

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    bump...I wanna know to, i'm in the same boat.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    just like you said there is patient confidentiality...he will not diagnose you any different than he would if he didn't know you use roids...for your health it's your obligation to tell him...if you don't and some of your shits out of wack it's your fault..think about all the shit doctors see everyday...steroids is the least bother to a doctor...forget about it....Madmax..

Madmax, my problem wasn't about telling a doctor, it was about telling a school doctor I don't know. The doctor is going to be in the student health center which makes me more than uncomfortable regarding the disclosure of sensitive information. I need to get my adderall script filled, and some others, and the last thing I need is the doc drawing conclusions that I use drugs illegally. First impressions are the most important.

Rampage he can not disclose things you discuss with him but I see your point about the location !!!

I can not say I am in the same situation but I have blood work done and I tell my doctor it is due to all the OTC supplements I take. I tell him I worry about possible liver damage and so forth.

I am lucky he really does not give me a hard time and does a complete blood work for me every 6 months to a year.

Can you go see a private doctor or does your insurance not cover it??

Good luck bro..Getting blood work done is very important IMHO.

bigdog2502002 is offline Junior Member
    Bro, If you tell someone your always tired and you have a problem with fatigue they will recommend a blood test. I know because I just did it a few days ago. Then I ask "Hey could you check my teste levels also"
    no problem, it has worked for me everytime.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    your levels will still be out of wak even if your done with your clomid...doctors aren't stupid thats why there doctors..he will have an idea about whats going on after he reads the results of your test...students go to him about diseases...drug addictions and all sorts of shit...so again..don't worry your not going to marry him...good luck bro...Madmax..

Originally posted by PURE ADRENALINE
    Rampage he can not disclose things you discuss with him but I see your point about the location !!!

I can not say I am in the same situation but I have blood work done and I tell my doctor it is due to all the OTC supplements I take. I tell him I worry about possible liver damage and so forth.

I am lucky he really does not give me a hard time and does a complete blood work for me every 6 months to a year.

Can you go see a private doctor or does your insurance not cover it??

Good luck bro..Getting blood work done is very important IMHO.
    PA, thanks for replying on this thread bro! That is actually a really great idea about telling the doc that I am just concerned since 'i have read things'. I could just simply say that I take alot of supplements and I am worried, and just leave it at that. The thing about the insurance is that I was on my dad's insurance which was a PPO, but my dad isn't with that company anymore, so I had to get the school's health insurance plan. Apparently, they do everything over here, ON CAMPUS too.

I actually want to start my second cycle around the end of march, early april -- just gotta figure out how to pay for it. Damn eq and winny are some expensive products! But anyways, back to the point -- I will eventually tell my doc what's going on, but I definitely want to feel them out and make sure that I feel comfortable with that particular doc.

Madmax, bro, I don't want to say where I goto school... but trust me, at this campus there aren't many people with drug problems or anything of that nature. Just to keep in mind the risks vs. benefits, I do live on campus in continuing student housing. I have enough in my room right now to get me thrown out (prescript meds w/o script and other crap). And the police around here would treat something like that like a homicide.

ojibwe is offline Junior Member
    The most that can happen is what?The Doctor Or one of his staff(Yes the doctor is not the only one that has accsess to your records)can place an unknown call to campus police and then you are screwed.If you are in the us then the patriot act gives any law inforcement(includeing campus police) the right to your health records.% of if this will happen to you?lets say 2%.Now if you you where going to lets say tennesee temple or South ga I'd say who gives a sh%,But on the other hand if you where going to MIT or Yale or a gradute school I'd say you got too ask yourself if you can live with EVER being busted.No? I didn't think so,I personally would never admitt to a doctor Of doing any recreational "Drugs".You didn't say how old you where,It is very rare for someone in thier early 20's to test low in test ,but it has happened.Just tell him you got no sex drive,ambition,energy,fatuiged and that you saw a show on the news linking it to low test.He will give you the test,but if you already look like Arnald I wouldn't bother,save your money and go somewher else.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 01:58 PM.

LOl My bad! Won't happen again

This is what i heard too, don't tell them anything you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ojibwe
    The most that can happen is what?The Doctor Or one of his staff(Yes the doctor is not the only one that has accsess to your records)can place an unknown call to campus police and then you are screwed.If you are in the us then the patriot act gives any law inforcement(includeing campus police) the right to your health records..

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported

I'll tell you what OH SMART ONE give me your real address and I'll show you what good it will do. LOL

Playboy305 is offline New Member
    That phone call wont do any good around here since a bunch of cops where I live are juiced up themselves. A boy of mine got pulled over with 20 winstrols and they took the stuff and let him go. That might only work in those small towns with nothing better for them to do.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    This is how i would do it, nice to meet you blah blah blah, doc I want to get my blood test done a full test i think its 10 pannel for my health thank you. If he asks you if your on roids tell him NO. Trust no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy305
    That phone call wont do any good around here since a bunch of cops where I live are juiced up themselves. A boy of mine got pulled over with 20 winstrols and they took the stuff and let him go. That might only work in those small towns with nothing better for them to do.
    Yes you are right,most of the time police officers will try to give you a break(unlesss you push them to hard) Or treat them like there stupid or try to harrass them with your inteligence.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported

Thread Information