Broly215 is offline New Member

How much can genetics hold you back or help in bodybuilding with AAS?

I use to be real skinny considered to be a Ectomorph. Now I'm between a Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Then when I got serious about bodybuilding in my mid 20's. Doing research and training with my old head that has a pro card. I started to get bigger at first slowly. Now I'm older and I blew past what most told me including 3 doctors, said I would gain in muscle mass. I been training for almost 9 yrs. and I told i look alot bigger than my weight say I should be. Most guys ask me in the gym "How much you weight?" I say "guess" they guess about 185-190. I'm only 174 and that is because I'm bulking i usually 166-168 when I cut up for the summer. My frame is still small my wrist and ankles are small and my hands can't even palm a basketball. that is why i don't weight much I guess. My father was skinny to slim most of my life. But now I way bigger than him and most guys who started working out in the gym with the same body type or frame. I only use supplements, protein, eat well and this is my 4 cycle which I'm doing test and Equ. I was told by my doctor my test levels are high most of the time before I even did a cycle. I wanna try to get to 185-190 before i just maintain and I may do a show. So what I am asking can you "push" you genetics or force your body to gain more muscle past what you see in your family or guys with the same body type or race? and if so do genetics still hold you back or help even if you do AAS?
    Last edited by Broly215; 02-11-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: deleted a line

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    your genetics dont change, what your given your stuck with.

you cant push your genetics to gain more muscle it comes down to sheer work ethic; diet, training, sleep etc

Someguy123 is offline Member
    genetics are definitely the biggest limiting factor youll run into. but a lot of times, you wont know your true genetics and body type till youre older. i was always ripped and small growing up. i never broke 140lbs till after highschool. so i wouldve classified myself an ectomorph as well. but then around 22, i mustve completely finished growing, and my body decided to fill out. i managed to hit 160lbs then. i was much denser, and still able to maintain low BF without any work. since that point, the weight ive gained is due to GH im pretty sure. 185lbs now, and planning on 200 for summer. but i havent had to work very hard for this extra weight.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Genetics are `big

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You cant trump your own genetics.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Shurik is offline Associate Member
    So what are you guys saying?
    If his genetics will only let him get to 200lbs for example, does this mean he won't be able to hit 220 with some juice and a good diet?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    To be a top BBer genetics are a huge factor. Not really sure what you are asking tho, actually many BBers are ectomorphic to some degree. The smaller joints associated with an ectomorphic bodytype can be very aesthetically pleasing for shows and make tapers more evident and basically make you look bigger than you are. Is someone of this type going to be the strongest guy around or win worlds strongest man competitions? Highly highly unlikely. But for bodybuilding purposes can be an advantage, not to mention easier dieting due to genetic propensity to not store bodyfat

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Ok.....

Lets use jay cutler as an example..... the guy obviously has great genetics. He's a pro..... however..... his genetics wont get him to 275lbs (contest weight) without aas/hgh/slin.

If you or I ate the same, trained the same, and used the same doses of aas/hgh/slin - we still wouldn't look as good as jay......

Ultimately - genetics play the biggest role in bodybuilding. Theres a genetic limit to how much weight you can naturally put on but surely aas will push you past that limit. In short..... a guy with crappy genetics can still get fairly big using aas..... however - he wont look like a pro standing on stage.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Broly215 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Someguy123 View Post
    genetics are definitely the biggest limiting factor youll run into. but a lot of times, you wont know your true genetics and body type till youre older. i was always ripped and small growing up. i never broke 140lbs till after highschool. so i wouldve classified myself an ectomorph as well. but then around 22, i mustve completely finished growing, and my body decided to fill out. i managed to hit 160lbs then. i was much denser, and still able to maintain low BF without any work. since that point, the weight ive gained is due to GH im pretty sure. 185lbs now, and planning on 200 for summer. but i havent had to work very hard for this extra weight.
    Well I hear you on the filling out thing. I didn't start to gain a little weight till I was almost 23. Then I wasn't cycling I just followed a mass diet and worked out 5 days a week. I guess now I'm 31 I am gaining muscle and strenght easier then ever. So it is true you don't get huge muscle till your prime? Or never do in some cases of genes. What would be a great stack to stay on for a few months and get huge muscle growth? My workout plan is solid but if you got any ideas on arms and calves i'd love to hear it too. Right now I'm on test and Equ. Should I also add deca then after the cycle do clomid and hcg to bring my balls back or cruise I'm still new at this a bit?

dezza6969 is offline Associate Member
    Good answer
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    To be a top BBer genetics are a huge factor. Not really sure what you are asking tho, actually many BBers are ectomorphic to some degree. The smaller joints associated with an ectomorphic bodytype can be very aesthetically pleasing for shows and make tapers more evident and basically make you look bigger than you are. Is someone of this type going to be the strongest guy around or win worlds strongest man competitions? Highly highly unlikely. But for bodybuilding purposes can be an advantage, not to mention easier dieting due to genetic propensity to not store bodyfat

Thread Information