platinum is offline Associate Member

amp cracked....advice needed

Hi all,
    Well when unpacking my stuff the other day, one of my amps cracked right at the neck (you know, where you'd crack it to open it). Luckily, there was tape around the amp so the top didn't come off. I left it how it was with the neck cracked, but still somewhat attached and the tape there to hold in place.

I wasn't going to use it until March. You all think it will be ok, or is it a loss?

Thanks,
    Platinum

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    eh, i had similar problem before, imo there is always some degree of bacteria/dirt/pathogens in the air, and being that your amp is going to be exposed to a certain degree of air, i would tend to believe it is at risk, and to combat this i simply took my broken sust amp and extracted the sust into a needle, then emptied it into a 5 cc bottle of ttokkyo sust, so if you have a low or old vial that could work to keep it sterile, or maybe if you have a 5cc or 10cc bottle of some type of sust blend, you could add it to that...other than that i dont know, sucking it into a needle and recapping it id say is better than leaving it with tape or just leaving it...best of luck

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    IMO...1 amp is not worth an infection bro...I'd pitch it.....Madmax..

stump is offline New Member
    Definatleynot worth the infection, they can be arel bich i would waste the amp before going through weeks of not being able to move!!!!!!!

platinum is offline Associate Member
    yah, you bros are right. Not worth the risk. Thanks

hammerhead is offline Member
    Suck it up into a pin and stick the pin in the fridge. It's got alcohol in it. Don't sneeze on it. If you feel even the least bit uneasy abot it - toss it - it's what - a 10 or 12 dollar amp?

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    This is off the topic and I was being real observant of hammerheads quote at the bottom of the page. I'm curious

Hammerhead , your 6' 178 and you did 3 mass cycles last year ? Was the gear shit or what ?

Thread Information