SonGoku is offline Associate Member

Question dental surgery while on AS?

Hi I'm having a root resection done next week on one of my teeth. I'm in my 8th week of my first cycle (200 mg deca /w, 250 mg sust /w, 50 mg proviron ed). I will have my 9th shot on sunday and surgery will be on wedensday next week. I'm planning to take my last shot friday or sunday next week.

Is there any complication with having this kind of dental work done while on AS??? I wouldn't think so, but I've heard that deca will make bleedings a little harder to stop!? But hey it'll stop sooner or later I guess!?

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    tell your dentist.

don't take the chance.

Baldguy is offline New Member
    I would tell him. Unfortunately anesthesia doesn't work for me. At least not well.

If they know you use or have used, they can try a few different things if pain becomes a problem.

BG

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Not sure if you're going to be able to keep up your diet, without the calories, you can lose some gains too. I guess weight gainer shakes will be your friends.

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    I just had a root canal while on test and eq. It bled a lot more than the last one I had.

Thx for the answer guys!

Fortunately I have plety of weight gainer. They did say that I would not be able to eat the first day. That really f***** up!! A whole day without chicken, that will be the first time in many years! I might have to go buy a blender, so that I can make some kinds of shakes. Maybe a tuna shake huh, that would be nasty!!

My doses are not so high so I hope the bleeding part won't be that bad.

I'll probably have to tell the dentist about it, but I hate the look they give you when you tell "normal" people about it, so I try not to. People just don't know anything about it, so their minds are dictated by the media. I'll make him promise that he can't pass on the info since th einsurance is paying for the job.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Actually AAS can cause increased bleeding times. Possibly by increases in antighrombin III or protein C, or decreased synthesis/increased destruction of clotting factors. But it seems unclear which ones affect this more and exactly to what extent. Would you give someone taking AAS an anticoagulant? No way! The studies are out there. One study: Oxymetholone administration (15 mg/day) was associated with subtherapeutic anticoagulant effects in 6 patients taking either warfarin or phenindione. Study: Longridge RG, Gillam PM, and Barton GM, "Decreased Anticoagulant Tolerance With Oxymetholone", Lancet, 1971, ii:90. There are also some other reports including androgens and other anticoagulants (namely stating an increase in bleeding time). I can post the studies if you want. But the best thing you can do is to do the searches yourself (medline,ovid,pubmed etc.) and come up with your own conclusion. I am not saying you will have a problem, but be aware that there are actual reports of increased bleeding times while taking AAS. This is where it is important for the reader to be able to effectively decipher the actual results of these studies, ie. specifics of the people being studied- age, other medications, other comorbid conditions etc. It is often times hard to decide what the actual studies mean (outcomes). Even people who have been doing this for years have hard times doing this. So when you come across a study, don't just skip the 'conclusion' or 'discussion' section to read the authors comments, because they can often times be biased. Read the whole study, and ask yourself "how does this apply to my situation". As far as your dental surgery, it would be wise to let your Dentist know you are taking androgenic substances (you don't have to say you are taking illegal AAS, but maybe something to the effect of 4-AD etc.) because given what we know, I believe the same thing would apply. At least your practitioner can be aware of any possible complications and prepare accordingly.

Dr.big is offline New Member
    I would tell the doc i agree, I had my wizdom teeth removed ,had a terrible infection for 2months couldnt train ,couldnt clot had f-kin 4 dry sockets the AS played a HUGE roll in my recouperation & of course LOST all 25 lbs i gained.So take sum clomid & b- safe!!

Just thought that I would place a little update! Just came back from the surgery. I was so nervous but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I didn't have the balls to tell the dentist that I'm on AS so I just told him that sometimes I trouble with the blood coagulating. He said that it probably wasn't going to be a problem and that I could take some K-vitamin for it. Anyway when he start cutting he said that he notice a little more blood than usual but that it wasn't a problem. He said that alcoholists where much much worse.

I'm bleeding a little bit now but I guess that it's normal considering that I had the surgery some 2-3 hours ago.

Well just gonna relax the next few days, he told me not to train today or tomorrow and only to drink cold liquids. So I got a lot of weight gainer ect. to keep the weight up the next couple of days. Also had a steak breakfast as I knew it would take a couple of days before I could enjoy that again

I'll keep posting about my progress, just in case any one else is going to have similar work done on their teeth. So we can extend our "knowledge base"

Just a little update, it's been 9 days since the surgery. I had my stitches removed 2 days ago. The dentist said that my scar had healed very nice. So I'm relieved that everything went so smoothly.

Now I just have to deal with this flu I've had for a couple of days now.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I've had a root canal while on and had no problems whatsoever.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    everyone will be different period. I had what was supposed to be a simple lymphadenectomy, outpatient surgery, finished in less than 20 min. Later that night, my entire leg, from quad down to calf filled with blood. It looked like I had a water bag around my entire leg. I was freaked out of course, but ingorant as usual. Waited till the next day and went back. The gen.surgeon nearly fell over it was that bad. Luckily somehow the leaky vessel sealed off. I was swollen for 2 weeks, then bruised on entire leg front and back for weeks. Looked like a freeak. My point: I was on AAS, possible mod-strong correlation IMO. So be careful goin under the knife while on!!

Thread Information