MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

The Truth On Anti-estrogens

I notice most on this board take antiestogens. Why take them during the offseason? My understanding is that anti-es can hamper the progress you make while on steroids . Some believe they decrease the affectiveness of the steroid making them weaker. So why take them?

Arent they mostly used for water loss during cutting? Seems like anti-es are an extra expense one could get by with during a bulking cycle.

I'm curious to hear the different opinions on this topic.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    People use them as a cutting cycle on their own because they assist in shedding the fat from estrogenic fat deposits. I know enough people who just run liquidex w/clen +NYC or ECA as a cutting cycle coupled with a clean diet and some moderate cardio.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    not to mention they have the potential to boost test, they are weak estrogens, so they bind, block the stronger estrogens (estradiol), and exhibit little to no negative effects, while at the same time sending positive feedback to the hpta loop thus resulting in LH release and more test produced by the testes...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    One of the reasons people (especially those of us in our thirties) use anti-e's year round is to stop the naturally high occurrence of aromatization of test to estradiol. By doing this we lower SHBG levels and allow for more free test in the body. Every little bit can help.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    damn rickson, moderator? excellent, didn't even notice till right now, congrats bro! sex hormone binding globulin right? and the reason it keeps test from aromatizing is because the body wants a consistent ratio (or homeostasis) of test to estrogen, so if your supplementing exogenous estrogen your body recognizes higher levels and in return will aromatize less test and in turn produce more to keep the ratio even...

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    It has been postulated that clomid increases SHBG, while nolva may decrease it! Interesting. There was a big debate on this at EF.

KingMaggot is offline New Member
    I am a newbie (FYI) . Are you talking about taking ANY anti-e during an off cycle? say, clomid, until the following cycle ? what dosage, the same asif on a mild cycle? Thanks.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I was speaking of true anti-e's and not serms but I agree with Ichabod that if you are going to use a SERM for a long period of time then Nolvadex would be a better choice.

Thread Information