Clomiphene Overdose : Visual Disturbances

Originally I had planned my PCT as follows:

Clomiphene 100/50/50/50
    Tamoxifen 40/20/20/20

This is the second PCT I've ever done, so I'm familiar with both compounds and I know how they affect my body (I did't get any bad side effects from them at all on my first PCT).

So for my current PCT, I bought 4 boxes of Clomiphene, which came to a total of 40 tablets. However for my PCT, I only needed 35 tablets.

Idiotically, I decided I should make use of the extra Clomiphene tablets, and I took 150mg every day for the first week.

Today is Day 6 of my PCT. I walked outside a bar with a friend of mine, and straight away I was like "Jesus look at all the fireflies whizzing around", and he was like "What are you talking about there's no fireflies".

So then I started looking around and it felt like I was on magic mushrooms, every shape had a border hovering around it, I saw a blur when something moved.

So naturally, I freaked out, almost had an anxiety attack. I didn't know what was going on, I hadn't taken any drugs that night other than alcohol.

I'm getting a bit scared so I say to my mate "Here man seriously sit down with me there's something wrong with me".

So we sit down and I'm like "Man is there any chance I cuda been spiked with anything tonight, my vision is all f***ed up as if I was on mushrooms", and he was like "No way man, who wuda spike you?!".

So I sitting down trying to stay calm and then I remembered something I'd read about Clomiphene... I heard that it can cause "visual disturbances". So straight away I was like "Shit, it must be the Clomid man, it can f*** with your vision".

Anyway it was a bit of a scary experience at first but I calmed down when I realised it was just my vision acting up and nothing more serious. (I'm good at dealing with anxiety because I had some problems a few years back and had an anxiety attack or two).

Anyway, for now, here's the plan:

Tomorrow, I'm taking no Clomiphene at all.

Then the next day I'm bringing the dosage down to 50mg per day for the rest of my PCT.

So has anyone else here had vision problems with Clomiphene? I really wanna hear what you have to say. Also I really wanna hear any advice you have to give me.

In the morning I'm probably gonna laugh at this thread and think how much I over-reacted over something stupid... but really it was a scary experience, I thought I was hallucinating even though I hadn't taken any hallucinogenics.
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 03-31-2010 at 12:35 PM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It is common to have visual disturbances on clomid even though ive never experienced them I do know plenty of guys who do, your doing right have abreak and then reduce the dose.

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I get pretty depressed on clomid(or the lack of gear flowing through my veins) but no flashbacks like side effects. I did get a similar situation from chantix, the stop smoking drug, on several occassions. honesty my bad advise would be to keep the dose up and enjoy the visuals.

Sheven is offline Banned
    it's not about overdose is about sensibility of some guys. i had the same flashback sides like i was on replay on a movie and bad head aches.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I remember reading a thread on this site a while back where a member was having chronic vision problems after taking clomid. He spent time seeing a DR and the vision problems continued. Im not sure what the outcome was, but I know I will never take clomid.

redwings91 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    I remember reading a thread on this site a while back where a member was having chronic vision problems after taking clomid. He spent time seeing a DR and the vision problems continued. Im not sure what the outcome was, but I know I will never take clomid.
    not trying to hijack but just wondering, do you do nolva only? or something else for pct?

The reason I referred to it as an "overdose" is because I know my body can handle 100mg just fine, my last PCT was a piece of cake I had no side effects at all.

But this time... with 150mg... Jesus. Never again. Lesson learned.

For that one guy who had persistent vision problems, there was another thousand guys who were absolutely fine.

As I'm sure you're all too aware yourself, what it comes down to is that every drug has a "risk rate". Like for Aspirin, maybe 1 in 3 million people will drop dead after taking it (I'm just pulling that figure out of my ass by the way).

I think Clomiphene is a pretty reliable drug. I think that it's very very very very unlikely to leave you with persistent problems.

Regarding that guy who had persistent vision problems, my guess would be as follows: He was already developing vision problems, and the Clomiphene wasn't responsible.

It's like this guy I know from the gym... he was taking loads of Creatine. Anyway he ends up at the hospital with kidney problems, and they tell him it's because of the Creatine (high levels of the byproduct were found in his blood). After a little more investigating, they realise that the guy only has one kidney... he was actually born with just one kidney, the second one never formed.

So what's to blame, the Creatine, or the lack of kidney?

Honestly I think Clomiphene is safe. Just don't f*** around with the dosage like I did.

By the way, what do you guys mean when you say "flashbacks"? I didn't hallucinate at all, I didn't see things that weren't there, like I didn't see a small yellow dog jump over a purple car. I didn't have any memories flash before my eyes at all. It was simply just vision problems, I mean if you rub your eyes then you'll see stars... well I was seeing swirling stars and blurred motion.

One thing just came to mind. Remember how I said it looked like every shape had a border around it... I bet that's because my two eyes weren't able to stick the two pictures together properly, so one of the pictures was slightly to the side of the other, giving the impression of a slight border.

Anyway this morning my vision is fine, but I'll know tonight when it's dark out and the street lights are on, that's when my vision really when haywire.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Bro I can tell you that I've been shutdown for basically the past 9 months... I'm doing a pretty harsh PCT right now, and I'm having wicked sides already. So I definitely feel for you.... cuz were in the same bloody boat, lol..

I'm doing an extended PCT protocol as well, which sucks even more. 6 - 8 weeks of hell. I'm on the 2nd week of clomid @ 150mg/ed + nolva @ 60mg/ed + armosain @ 20mg/ed

Not to mention my estrogen levels are crazy right now due to the HCG + a-dex for the first couple of weeks.

as u said, I'm excited to bump down to 100mg/clomid + 40mg/nolva. LOL.

-VM

Thread Information