pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

I hate cutting...

I'm in my 3rd week of dieting down after a bulk cycle and having a tough time staying strict. Anyone going through the same thing?

Carb depletion definitely sucks. Each week, I'm cutting out about 200-300 daily calories from carbs...I'm down to about 240 grams a day from where I was eating 400 grams a day.

I'm getting into the cardio thing but this diet blows. I find myself cheating and saying fuck it, I'm hungry! Last night, my wife brought home some Mexican and I couldn't resist tearing into it. Just one meal and I feel fat again. I'm gonna try and stear clear of temptation...

NoLimits is offline Member
    I feel for you! But the good thing about Carb depletion is the carb up days, one: you get to eat... two: damn, your muscles look full and hard the next day...
    Stay with it, And tell your wife to hold off an bringing home more mexican food for awhile!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Usually the first four weeks for me is the hardest. After that it seems to get much easier.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Usually the first four weeks for me is the hardest. After that it seems to get much easier.
    I agree. We're creatures of habit. It takes some repetitive action to get that habit formed.
    I'm in my 3rd week of cutting right now and have cheated a few days(superbowl especially).

I feel once you get into the groove and see those gains coming, it becomes motivation, which in turn becomes discipline

platinum is offline Associate Member
    I have a tough time at first also. I always tell myself when I'm tempted, "If I avoid this, it's like that last rep I didn't want to do that is the one that will really help" and "It won't last forever" and "Every time I don't cheat puts me a little closer to when I don't have to diet again".

Maybe that sounds cheesy, but it works for me.

Platinum

TTTT is offline Junior Member
    I enjoy cutting! I am currently cutting, and have found that keeping my protien at about 300 grams a day, and low carbs isn't that bad...... I hate bulking, I don't think I will ever do it again! Well, actually that would be stupid, but what I mean is, I'm not going to go all out, I'm going to get where I'm going to get as far as being cut up, and just slowly add muscle mass, even if it take me one hundred years! I hate getting fat, and refuse to ever do it again! My friend stays cut up and adds muscle mass, and I'm going to try the same thing!

YZFR6 is offline Associate Member
    Currently cutting myself (on Swolecat's diet) . I went straight from a bulking diet where I was eating everything around 6000cals a day to very low carbs. It took me about a week to get used to it. The thing that helped the most was drinking water all day long to fill up my stomach so I didnt notice that I was hungry. Now three weeks into it I'm having no trouble sticking to the diet at all and I'm never getting hungry (although this may have to do with the xenadrine suppressing my appitite). I've been doing one or two cheat meals a week and am getting great results, down 20 pounds and 2 inches on my waist and all of my lifts have stayed the same.

Originally posted by YZFR6
    am getting great results, down 20 pounds and 2 inches on my waist and all of my lifts have stayed the same.
    I wish I could say the same. I've lost a lot of strength in 3 weeks, but my weight has only dropped a couple pounds. The xenadrine rfa I've been taking can't replace the natural energy I had from good old fashioned complex carbs. I'm saying fuck cutting. I'm going back to bulking. I can't stand losing strength.

YZFR6 is offline Associate Member
    If your really want to cut, try talking to swolecat... I was skeptical at first but there are so many satisfied people out there I had to give it a shot, and so far its working GREAT. Swole knows his shit and is the freakin man.

TITANS is offline New Member
    Try MCT. It will help get rid of that "starving you could eat a horse" feeling. Also, they help me from bonking on a low carb diet. I agree with TTTT. Keeping protein levels up helps to decrease muscle loss during cutting out carbs. When I cut out carbs, I also increase fiber to around 30+ grams a day. The combination of high protein and fiber really helps burn the fat. I would try cycling carbs. That way you are not depriving yourself for so long. Make sure you are drinking over a gallon of water daily.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain bro! I went from having a very strict diet with low carbs, low fat, and high protein as my second nature -- to a bulking cycle! I ended up spending about 10 weeks eating all I could until I felt like throwing it all up. Now I am trying to cut some of this fat and it really is difficult to get back to my strict diet. I seriously used to never think about fatty or carby foods until I started my bulking cycle (strict diet since 15).

I'm going to the extreme and doing morning pre-meal cardio now and trying my best to get my shit together with my diet. It really is tough after bulking though!

Cycling carbs was something I was not doing. After 3 days of high carbs though, I feel better. I'm gonna give this diet another try and start cycling in some high carb days. How many days per week should I carb up? (I lift 5 days a week.)

Thread Information