projectsherv is offline Associate Member

my tendons are f@#$, help

ok well my tendon in my right arm right below my bicep has been killing me on and off for a week now. last week i did some arm wrestling also i had taken off a week before that from lifting but i started my cycle anyways and i went to the gym the day after arm wrestling and started lifting my max basically and my tendon has been throbbing massively almost unbareable pain. so last week friday i decided i need a few days off to help it recover. that friday i got in a fight at a club which extremely amplified the pain and the pain comes and goes. any recommendations? im on week 3 of a test eq cycle. should i stop the cycle? or just keep it running and let my arm rest for a few more days?

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    sounds like tendonitis in the elbow. You need to take a shitload of advil and also get some of those tennis elbow braces. They are about 2 inches wide and they go just below the elbow, tight enough to put pressure but not cut off circulation. I don't know about stopping your cycle, but for me I have to take off a few days and do absolutely nothing with my arms, all the while taking 600mg of advil every 6 hours or so. Before you go to work out, take about 800 an hour before you go. This helps with me, I have it bad in both arms.

btw, QUIT armwrestling, it is very bad for this kind of elbow problem, and it is not a good judge of the bigger man anyways!

G-S Guest
    Originally posted by gettinthere

btw, QUIT armwrestling, it is very bad for this kind of elbow problem, and it is not a good judge of the bigger man anyways!
    That's a no shitter. I went to school with a kid who couldn't lift his own bodyweight, yet we'd go into a bar and he would take on anyone who thought they could beat him. He won us alot of beer...

barbell2 is offline New Member

been there

hey bro, been there, done that, it's that tendonitis thing, won't even really allow you to work out...

I went to a physical thearapist and got 3 treatments of ultrasound in a week, with 600mg of ibuprofen 3 x a day and ice after work out, you'll be fine in less than a week... just go in and get it done...it feels great!
    with my insurance, i think i had to pay 12 bucks a visit...

hope this helps
    barbell2

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member
    Stop your cycle and start it over after the tendon quits hurting. Ive been out of commission for over three months with the same injury you have described because I was to stubborn to stop my cycle! Now I'm paying for it!

TTTT is offline Junior Member
    If you can, try to use machines for alot of your workouts, by using the vertical press machine instead of the actuall flat bench, I cut out the pain I had...... of course nothing beats good ol' rest!

Thread Information