madgenetics55 is offline New Member

How often can i Exercice a certain muscle while on juice

JUst wondering how often i can exercices a certain muscle while juicin it because i want to hit more of my legs and arms?

JScondition is offline Member
    See what your body can handle. Some muscle groups can take shorter rest periods before working them out again. I would say you could maybe workout a muscle group every other day... at least that's what Arnold did, but these are different times. IMO I would rest at least two days in between working the same muscle group again.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Personally I hit each muscle once a week. Growth happens out side the gym, so tear it up and keep it INTENSE during your work out and once a week is all thats needed IMO.

kraftmac is offline Junior Member
    Well that depends on the intesity and WHAT and HOW MUCH juice your taking AND your DIET.

Lets Say your taking 750mg of Sustanon a week with 300mg of Deca and eating 4000+ calories a day. I dont see why training your arms 2-3x a week would hurt.

However if your just on a little mass gain cycle such as maybe 250-500mg of test a week, with 3000 calories a day. Id say just train it once a week really hard.

Its all about the diet too man, the more u eat, the harder u can train. Without the calories idc how much juice ur taking, ur not gonna grow. lol

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I remember reading something about 48 hours is the min time needed for recovery, but yeah you def need more. If it's sore (obviously) don't work it. If you keep it up for too long you'll grind those joints/tendons/ligaments into powder. It will eventually catch up with you. Have fun, but be safe.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    to further elaborate, I remember maybe a year into when i first started lifting I was on like a 3 day split with no rests so everything was getting worked twice a week and people would tell me that's bad, but I'd be like "W/e my body can take it" and it did for a while and I was getting good results so I never stopped, but when it caught up with me it was ugly, I ended up getting tendonitis in one shoulder both my knees and an ankle. I couldn't work legs, chest, or shoulders for months. It SUCKED. I wasn't using any kind of gear though. Your probably just really anxious to get huge and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd say stick with once a week for your muscles and just make sure you really rape em on that day. If you feel like it every now and then work it again that week, but don't make a habit of it.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I hit them once a wk HARD and do a deload type wk every 3-4wks. Remeber AAS doesnt stregthen your CNS your body needs rest use that time to eat some good food and get some rest I have never done a bunch of sets and always grow well.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by madgenetics55 View Post
    JUst wondering how often i can exercices a certain muscle while juicin it because i want to hit more of my legs and arms?
    Its still possible to overtrain even while on AAS.
    If your doing it right and working out hard enough
    4 days per wk in the gym should be more than plenty.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I found that doing everything 3 times in 2 weeks gives you enough rest and growth.This is asuming you are traing very intensely. An example would be chest,shoulders,and tricepts monday,back bicepts,and forearms tues,and quads on wednesday,then calves and hamstrings on thurs,Then repeat the same routine fri and sat and take off sunday if you like,i like the full day of rest and it also relieves some of the stress. doing everything twice a week was a little too much for me even on AAS's.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bigger the muscle the more often you can hit it. Im a firm believer though of 2x a week MAX.

I have seen some of my best gains only hitting every body part 1x a week and only working one body part at day. I am going to switch up soon to a spit workout for a while though.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madgenetics55 View Post
    Depends on what kind of juice.

Grape, orange or apple? Orange juice has more of a kick

sixxer is offline Associate Member
    This is something I'm always contemplating in my head.

As a natural lifter, there is scientific research and anecdotal experience supporting twice a week per muscle group/movement being most effective.

Yet in the AAS community, conventional thinking is once a week.

This confuses me as AAS enhances ones recovery ability, so why less frequency?

Although, in my case, I am training each muscle group/movement only once a week but the total volume and loading is actually more than when I would train them twice a week as a natural lifter.

Still, I wonder if splitting the volume up and doing it twice a week would be more effective? Perhaps even with slightly more volume too, albeit over the two sessions.

I guess I will try twice a week on my next cycle and see if my gains are better. But my next cycle will be different compounds so the comparison will not exactly be fair.

Any one have any input from personal experience comparing once to twice a week?

Just on this, something I read from a post by Christian Thibaudeau

STEROIDS , REPS AND WEIGHT

I have received some comments how low reps are not optimal to build muscle and how guys who are relying on low reps and heavy weights and who got big probably were using steroids. Nonsense!

If anything, it's the opposite!

From my experience working with a myriad of athletes and bodybuilders, natural and enhanced, individuals who are using steroids might respond better to higher reps and lower loads while naturals will grow more from high-force (heavy weight or explosive lifts) training with low reps.

This is a viewpoint shared by Micheal Gundhil, one of the foremost bodybuilding authority in Europe.

First of all steroids tend to increase muscle mass a lot more than tendon strength, in fact many steroids make the tendons more brittle and fragile. So you have a muscle that is much larger and stronger, but with a weaker attachment.

This both increases the risk of injury and eventually decreases the potential for strength gains because of an inhibitory mechanism due to the weaker tendons (the body will want to protect itself for a tendon tear and will reduce force production).

So ''enhanced'' athletes might progress fast at first from a program based on heavy, low reps lifting, but the risk of injuries will be drastically higher than for a natural trainee.

Not to mention that ''enhanced'' athletes can tolerate and recover from more training volume: they have a much greater rate of protein synthesis and also replenish muscle glycogen to a greater and faster extent. For that reason, they will thrive on doing a lot more work in the gym.

Finally, the increased rate of protein synthesis and constant anabolic state they are in reduces the need for a super powerful growth stimulus. I'm not saying that steroids are an ''easy way out''... to get the most out of it you must still train hard; but a lot of big bodies have been built with ''easy'' workouts when using steroids.

So basically in an "enhanced" athlete you have:

- increased protein synthesis and glycogen storage + lowered cortisol = better tolerance for volume
    - constant anabolic state = less need for a powerful growth stimulus
    - muscles that get stronger much faster than tendons = greater potential for injury

So this means that an enhanced lifter will respond better to high volume/moderate load training than their natural counterparts.

I'm not saying that low-reps/high force training is not effective for drug-using lifters, it is VERY effective. What I'm saying is that this type of training might be more hazardous for the enhanced and not as necessary to stimulate growth. As such, a steroid -using bodybuilder would be best to use high-force/low reps lifting in short cycles followed by bouts of higher volume training.

A natural lifter doesn't have these "problems". While his muscles will still grow stronger faster than the tendons, the difference is not as pronounced (especially considering that some steroids will make the tendons weaker). So the risk of low reps lifting is much lower for a natural trainee, so he can stay on this type of training for longer.

Actually I believe that high volume training will cause more injuries than high-force training in the natural lifter.

Since the natural lifter's anabolic to catabolic (testosterone , igf-1, GH / cortisol) ratio is not constantly in the positive range, the regulation of training volume is much more important if maximum progress is desired. So a natural lifter who does too much volume can really short-circuit his gains.

And because it is harder for a natural lifter to stimulate growth, he needs a more powerful stimulus... high-force lifting.

This is why I believe that low-reps/high force training, contrary to what some believe, is actually better suited to natural lifters than enhanced ones.

As for frequency for enhanced lifters, here is what I believe:

- TECHNICALLY enhanced lifters are able to train each muscle group more often because of the increased protein synthesis and glycogen storage. In other words the muscles recover faster from training.

- Still IN THEORY enhanced lifters are able to train more often (as in more days per week) for the same reason as above AND because they artificially blunt the action of cortisol at the receptor level.

HOWEVER in reality they should actually train each muscle group LESS OFTEN.

Why? Because...

- although their muscles recover faster their tendons do not. This, once again, increase the risk of injuries because as time goes by the muscles will get stronger while the tendons get progressively (and proportionally) weaker.

- while the increased protein synthesis and glycogen storage will allow the muscle to do more work and recover faster, the nervous system will not recover any faster (in fact some steroids are psychostimulants that might even drain the nervous system even more during a training session). For that reason an enhanced lifter might miss the signs that it's time to give the body a break: the muscles can still do the job, the lifter is still gaining strength and size... so he assumes that everything is fine. But the risk of chronic fatigue is quite real, he just doesn't see it.

Basically... an enhanced lifter CAN train more often. But by doing so he is likely to do more harm than good, especially in the long run.

Not to mention that since AAS basically makes the lifter anabolic 24-7, he requires a lesser frequency of stimulation to gain size and strength, so training at a higher frequency is unecessary.
    Interesting, poses some more questions though.
    Last edited by sixxer; 04-05-2010 at 04:58 AM.

So from this post, you can ascertain that training a muscle group/movement more often than once a week WILL yield better results in terms of hypertrophy and strength gains. HOWEVER, this will also lead to an increase in potential injury.

Whilst on AAS, one will still be able to achieve acceptable results training less frequently at a lower intensity and higher volume (ex. once a week, higher rep range 12-15) but one would see BETTER results with more frequency and higher intensity (ex. twice a week, lower rep range 6-10).

Definitely going to change things up on my next cycle.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Remember it's good to change things up every couple of months anyways...

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Bigger the muscle the more often you can hit it. Im a firm believer though of 2x a week MAX.

I have seen some of my best gains only hitting every body part 1x a week and only working one body part at day. I am going to switch up soon to a spit workout for a while though.

This is wrong!! Squats and deads require alot more recovery time than bicep curls where is this stuff coming from flex? CNS is put under a great deal of stress from heavy compou8nd movements NOT little bicep curls.

Also the stronger you get the MORE you will need to rest the muscles and nervous system.

Thread Information