k-nak is offline New Member

about taking anti-depressants with steriods

is it possible to take anti-depressiants while on a 2 month steriod cycle because i need to take me medication but i don't know what the effects would be

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I think this is something u should ask your Dr. about. It's better to be honest w/ them, then taking the chance of something haveing a bad reaction w/ the AS.
    I wanna tell u that you'd most likely be ok, but then again I'm not a Dr. nor do I know your past health history.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I know lots of people have done it but this is a question you should ask your doctor.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I was prescribed Prozac while on a cycle. It didn't have any adverse effects on me. In fact, I found my cycle-related depressions ceased a few weeks after starting the treatment.

bradbuck is offline New Member
    I have taken wellbutrin during my cycles and no problem.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    I suffered from stress and depression and was prescribed the serotonin reuptake inhibitor Seroxat. During that time I started my second and ill-advised dbol only cycle.

I went f*cking nuts on the stuff - seriously. I was up then down, bad tempered, easily upset, etc. My reaction may have nothing to do with the dbol but i wouldn't do an antidepressent and juice together again.

BTW I got off the seroxat in a couple of months and pulled my shit together.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    If you take anti-d's while on a cycle DO NOT drink alcohol...

I forgot to mention this in my initial reply. It's not advised to drink while on AAS or while on anti-d's. Put the two together, have a few (yes, only a few) beers and look out. It put me in the worst state of mind I have ever been in in my life. I got so depressed I sliced my wrists. Thank God I am still here.

That's the only precaution I would take.. do not drink alcohol. I was absolutely fine while sober. But then again, Fedski wasn't. So it affects everybody differently.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Originally posted by Polska
    That's the only precaution I would take.. do not drink alcohol. I was absolutely fine while sober. But then again, Fedski wasn't. So it affects everybody differently.
    Actually now that I come to think of it - I was drinking quite a lot at the time too. I was going out quite a bit and having friends round to try and cheer me up and one time I really flipped I'd had a bottle of wine.

When I think about how stupid I was at the time it makes me cringe. Anyway, you learn your lessons and move on.

Good luck k-nak, watch out for yourself bro.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I suffer from heavy depressions, my doc wants to put me on pills and about 2 weeks ago i wanted to take them, but now i dont want to. I get my ups and downs. And i will try and stay away from the pills as long as i can. Ive seen to many get fucked up by them.

Polska - Im glad your still here also bro. I know to well what your talking about.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    I am a pharmacist. I have not seen or read any material stating a contraindication with serotonin reuptake inhibiters (Prozac), not Welbutrin (dopamine), with steroids . I don't think they check for that. But from a pharmacological view there should not be a problem. The only problem I see, which was addressed by someone earlier, is the mood altering affects. Prozac will affect your mood, give you more motivation, alertness, awarness than you normally would not have. Compound that with the aggressive, short temper affects of steroids you may end up a good case study. My sugestion is have someone you trust who knows you well to monitor your behavior. If they say you are acting strange stop taking both. Obviously talking to the doctor is the best thing, but we know how that goes. GOOD LUCK be SAFE

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by palme
    I suffer from heavy depressions, my doc wants to put me on pills and about 2 weeks ago i wanted to take them, but now i dont want to. I get my ups and downs. And i will try and stay away from the pills as long as i can. Ive seen to many get fucked up by them.

Polska - Im glad your still here also bro. I know to well what your talking about.
    I have the same feelings sometimes. Like being depressed and unable to deal with it efficently for a couple days, and you decide its too much and you want some anti-d's to help out. Then the feelings pass and you definitely don't want any fucking drugs to make you feel better. I wish they had some instant reacting, short acting, anti-d to help with just those bad days!

Thread Information