dtdionne is offline Junior Member

Can clomid make you sick?

Hey all, well i started clomid this sun and i was wondering if it can make you sick or constipated or something like that?
    I ask cause i spent a some time in the hospital with HORRIBLE flu like symptoms. At about 7 pm on mon I started throwing up, i felt soooo bloated that i thought i was going to pop, it hurt soooo bad. My girlfriend took me to the hospital where i threw up A LOT more, i left the hospital at about 4:00am still in a lot of pain but not throwing up. Here it is wed night and i am still hurting some and havent been able to eat hardly anything. I havent taken clomid since mon and i am scared to and i know if i dont that ill lose all my gains and then some. Does anyone know if clomid could be linked to this or that they were isolated coinciental events? I was thinking that maybe the clomid made me constipated and being constipated made me sick.

Im really down right now so anything would be great.

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    dt...I don't know the answer but I'm curious about this too. Gotta give it a bump.

sd11 is offline Banned
    Did you tell the doc at the hospital what you were taking....why didn't you just ask him? When did you start clomid...was monday your first day?

sd, yeah i asked him if a drug called clomid could have caused this and he said no, but his answer was REALLY fast like he didnt even think about it. He was an ER doc and it was busy that night, not that i dont believe him, just looking for more opinions from people that have acutally used it.
    First day was sun and i took 3 tabs or 150mg, mon was second day, took one tab at breakfast and one at lunch...got sick at 7.

ttt, pheendo, anyone?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I've never had a problem with sickness off clomid but I wouldn;t rule out an allergic reaction of some kind. That is very unlikely though considering it was a day after your first dose that the sickness occured. It also might be having to do something with diet(food poisening)

Whats everything you've been taking and eating since first Clomid administration?

What wwere the doc's comments and suggestions?

Thanks pheendo, i have been taking like ginko, a multivitimin, arganene, and vit c. I ate normally. I do remember my tummy being upset all day sunday which is the day i started. The doc said that he didnt think that any drug could cause such a quick onset of symptoms and that other people were admited that night for similar symptoms. I just want to make sure though.

Do you have Nolva? If so I would be safe and use that for post cycle.

It sounds like it's not the clomid.
    I would say as long as it doesn't progress, then no worries.

But really man I havn't a clue. It sounds like something diet related. You might try giving Rickson a shout on this one if he doesn't see this.

no i dont have any nolva, all i have is clomid and adex. CRAP

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Why dont you have any nolva? Are you just not prone to Gyno at all??

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I really doubt it is the clomid! Did you spike a fever, and what did they remark on your blood draw at the hospital? If you were to have a true allergic to clomid (although rare, but possipble with ANY drug), it would not manifest as above symptoms. You would know if you had a true allergic reaction, because it is an experience like no other, and one you will never forget. Plus they would have told you at the ED. By the sounds of it, it seems to be exactly what you described, a bug.

ryan, no i am not prone to gyno and i have adex which is a wickedly strong anti-e as well.

ichabod, i hope its not the clomid, i think i did have a fever but not sure. They said that my blood was fine. but this was something that i will never forget, much worse then food poisioning which i had in 96. I am still having diareah. i think im going to take one tab now, is it best to take the whole dose at one time or to split it over the day? how about on an empty stomach or with food?

btw, i just got my test results back... two weeks after my last shot my test levels were 550, doesnt that seem high?

I split my doses throughout the day right. Let it dissolve in my mouth and then eat something.

k, ill try that now.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    ive never heard of anyone getting sick from clomid but there is always a chancce of an allergic reaction.it is flu season you know.

wow...that was terrible.
    Well, ill take 50mg today and see how that goes, im really scared but hopeful. Im hoping that some clomid is better then none.

pheendo, does it make your tounge numb.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    are you sure your taking clomid? i mean do you know for sure its real?did you get it out of the blister?

no i didnt, i can take a pic and post it.

Originally posted by dtdionne
    no i didnt, i can take a pic and post it.

hey dt, post that pic because I've never had numbing clomid before and I've taken 3 different kinds. Now it's been months since my clomid administration and I might just be forgetting that one of them made my tongue a little numb but I don't thing so.

Post that pick so we can make sure.

Well i searched for pics on this site and i found one of 50mg clomid and mine look exactly the same. Thats why i didnt post it, i still can but ill have to wait till i get home after work. I also got clen and adex from the same place and it seems fine.
    I feel ok today, maybe a little irritable and unsocial but NOTHING like mon night. I took 2 tabs yesterday and one this morning and i was about to take another here in a sec at lunch.

I wouldn't worry at all then. Sounds like a bad coincedence of taking that about the same time you got a bug.

Thread Information