westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member

might sound like a stupid question bro's...

bro's i hear so much about bridging but dont know exactly what it is....can anybody just break it down for me and let me know what it is and what its used for??? thanks bro's greatly appreciated, and sorry for the dumbass qustion :P

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    Bridging is a term used for using a aas like dbol between cycles to help keep your gains. Most people would take 5mg in the morning. Other than that I dont know all the details about it, I have never tried it. hope this helps
    Jens

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I consider a true bridge to be anything used between cycles to keep from becoming catabolic while not inhibiting HPTA recovery. Some people consider going from high dosages to low dosages (for instance 200 mg of test between cycles) as bridging.

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    And that is why you are a mod....good reply rickson

MYOBRAIN is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    I consider a true bridge to be anything used between cycles to keep from becoming catabolic while not inhibiting HPTA recovery. Some people consider going from high dosages to low dosages (for instance 200 mg of test between cycles) as bridging.
    What steroid do you consider that will not supress the HPTA between cycles ? Maybe primobolan is a good brigde ?

Or masteron ? Or the two ?
    Last edited by MYOBRAIN; 01-30-2003 at 01:50 PM.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    i think either primo or var but i dont agree with a dbol bridge.

MYOBRAIN is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Matt Foley
    i think either primo or var but i dont agree with a dbol bridge.
    Yep, dbol is a potent androgenic . A good bridge not only serves to maintain the weight you gainned, but to take a break from heavy androgens as well.

Dbol is the best bridge because its short halflife allows for the body to get fooled into thinking it is only part of the natural morning test spike. Anavar has been shown to suppress at pretty low dosages. I don't think you necessarily have to run a bridge from the end of one cycle to the beginning of another. I think you just have to get past the catabolic state and to a place where HPTA function is restored.

husun is offline Junior Member
    well i think dbol is good because it's halflife is so short 3-5 hours that it gets out of ur system and wont inhibit ur natural test production which rises at night and peeks when u wake up

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Rickson, judging from your last post, provided the goal of a cycle is not to end it incredibly lean, might you be suggesting that d-bol has a very cogent place in post-cycle recovery? In other words, might it be better run weeks 14-16 (or so, depending on the cycle) as opposed to the 1-4 that seem to be the knee jerk reaction as to where d-bol belongs? Right now I'm trying to learn as much as possible about post-cycle actions, as that seems to me to be a component that, while addressed, is not addressed sufficiently given its critical role. A number of people willingly discuss the virtues of var @ "X" dosage instead of "Y" or the systematic cycling of esters, but it seems as though no one but the regulars really get into the post-cycle discussions. Hell, that's probably why they're the regulars.

BigGreen,
    You are talking about two different uses for dbol and both are very valuable. At the beginning of a cycle dbol is used in higher dosages spread throuout the day to gain mass and strength quickly. It is great for kickstarting a cycle that is using long esters. When bridging you are using the drug in very small amounts (usually 10 mg) taken first thing in the morning to help maintain muscle and keep from suffering the sides of low test. Both have their place in BB and can be used with good results. Bridging isn't necessary for everyone. I think it is most useful for people who have been on extremely long cycles, are older and have trouble recovering, or who have used drugs which make recovery tougher such as deca or tren .

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I have bridged on Dbol , after getting teh idea from TAPOUT, i think he was the one keeping us posted on that. I used 10mg in the morning and i can tell you that i noticed myself recovering, all the while keeping my size from the cycle. I am interested in a primo bridge. Not sure on dosages for you. I ran the dbol for the entire clomid cycle which lasted for three weeks. I tried to do the similar thing with ** winny, at 25mg in the morning. That was very disapointing. Maybe the fact that it is a very ineffective androgen unlike dbol was the problem. Unlike the Dbol, i noticed a slight drop in strength doing the winny as a bridge. I would conclude, but dont quote me on this, that anavar would not be as effective as the dbol bridge.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    SO it sounds like dbol is the best bridge, over var.

Originally posted by Rickson
    Dbol is the best bridge because its short halflife allows for the body to get fooled into thinking it is only part of the natural morning test spike. Anavar has been shown to suppress at pretty low dosages. I don't think you necessarily have to run a bridge from the end of one cycle to the beginning of another. I think you just have to get past the catabolic state and to a place where HPTA function is restored.
    the problem with a dbol bridge is your LH does not spike in the morning. for a normal male, LH spikes throughout the day every couple hours.and also, the estrogen dbol creates inhibits your natural test levels. so i prefer primo or var to bridge.but anavar will be much easier to come by.but anything anti cataabolic can be used as a bridge.
    Last edited by Matt Foley; 01-31-2003 at 03:29 AM.

then again var can be pretty pricey.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i used to use anavar to bridge with.........

but since i have spoken to rickson about this, i wont use it again. the half life of anavar is roughly 9 hours....much too long in the system to be used as a bridge.
    like posted above, you want something with a short half-life, to mimic the peak in the a.m. if the drug stays in the system too long, suppression occurs, and its not a bridge anymore.

peace bb79

Thread Information