Dank1447 is offline Junior Member

3 months after first cycle

before stats: 5'8 175lbs 7%bf
    after stats: 5'8 192 8%bf
    present stats: 5'8 196 8%
    cycle: 300mg test e 1-11, 300mg eq 1-10, 20mg dbol 1-3, 50mg winny 8-11

after my first cycle my strength went down a little along with my body weight, which seems pretty normal, since about late december i have been gaining weight in all of my lifts and some size to go with it. i have read that with steroid usage comes muscle tissue, and with this tissue comes new nuclei. before i started my cycle i was stagnet in lifts and weight. my question is could my cycle have kickstarted a whole new natural growth period? although not as quick as when i was on, my strength and size has increased noticably, along with my intensity in the gym, could this be from having my test levels fully restored? any comments and questions are welcomed, just wanted to get everyones opinion. peace.
    Last edited by Dank1447; 01-30-2003 at 03:27 PM.

Dank1447 is offline Junior Member
    here is an interesting study.....

Study Shows Athletes Using Anabolic Steroids Grow Identifiably Different Muscle Tissue.

by Paul Cribb, B.H.Sci HMS
    AST Director of Research

his is the first study that’s looked at what’s actually happening at the muscle fiber level during increases in muscle mass after real-life dosages of anabolic steroids .

In an effort to examine exactly what the differences are (if any) between steroid built muscle and drug free muscle, muscle biopsies were taken from the trapezius muscles (ouch!) of two groups of elite Swedish power lifters. One group had been self administering anabolic steroids for competitive purposes. The other group consisted of drug free competitors.

Results showed that in both groups overall composition of muscle fibers were the same, however the cross sectional area of each muscle fiber in the steroid using lifters was much bigger. Interestingly, the study demonstrated that in response to years of heavy lifting, either with or without drugs, muscle fibers do indeed split and grow by forming "satellite" cells as well as increasing in size. However, steroid use does appear to help accelerate this splitting process.

This study revealed that anabolic steroids do enhance the proportion of newly formed fibers and increase DNA content with in muscle enabling them to grow more nuclei. This appears necessary to sustain the protein synthesis of extremely hypertrophied muscle. Steroid muscle has more nuclei in each fiber (myonuclei) due to this greater incidence of fiber splitting.

From a sports medicine aspect the authors suggest that increasing nuclear content might reflect a long-standing doping effect. Taking anabolic steroids for prolonged periods dopes the muscle with more nuclei, which can be used to synthesize more proteins during future strength training.

Steroid grown muscle does appear to be different. This may providea clear-cut method of identifying athletes using anabolic steroids.

link.....

http://www.ast-ss.com/research/cribb...xt.asp?rrID=46

Thread Information