Spartans09 is offline Member

oil leaking with shoulder injection

I worked my shoulders into the rotation for the first time two shots ago and have to say that they are pretty easy and less painful than even the glutes.
    I'm injecting cyp 250mg/ml with 23g x1 inch pins. Doing this 2x a week at about 1.2 cc per injection and both times I had some pretty good leakage while doing the shot fairly slowly. There was also some oil on my post shot sterile wipe. I maasaged it for about 45 seconds and noticed there was some on the wipe. Any suggestions on how to aleviate this?

tronics is offline Associate Member
    do you keep the pin in for 30 seconds or so before removing it? try that if you dont...

do hit the middle delt or rear?

middle delt. It starts leaking as I empty the barrel. Taking about 30 seconds to unload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    middle delt. It starts leaking as I empty the barrel. Taking about 30 seconds to unload it.
    hmm thats strange as your pushing it in, it leaks? well i suggest tring a smaller gauge pin to start...that size if normally fine for me. do you hit the delt middle, high or low?

In the middle. Im going in 3/4 inch should I go deeper or is that not adviseable with delt?

i wouldnt go deeper, i actually think 1" is good, but some use a smaller needle size for delts..

maybe someone else could chime in on this..

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    im gonna prob start a wth are u talking about response but intramuscular oil injection should have at least a .10 cc of air in the syringe. it serves as a cap and aids in ur problem. before anyone decides to criticize i am a nurse and google a how to on im injections!

I'm an idiot. I just did a shot and watched more closely and found that it is not leaking but it is the couple of drops running down the needle to lube it up and make sure all the air is out of the barrel. I builds up as i press it in. You cant really see that with a glute shot but these are right in your face.

poppz is offline Senior Member
    i was told that shooting it in buttocks has more absorption than anywhere else? that way it wouldnt leak.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Delt shot is not directly in the side delt. Its kind of angled between rear and side. Threw kind of the side of the side delt. If that made sense?? And that's just how I have had all good experence with.

i had better expierence going directly in the side delt...but ive tried the way you are talking about as well, just had better expierence doing it the other way..

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive used all 3 heads of the delt. front middle rear! they are all acceptable!

Thread Information