FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner

Post cycle HCG and Nolvadex

I'm plan to use Nolvadex post cycle as apposed to Clomid due to the convincing data and arguments that Nolva is just as good in returning your HPTA to normal.

My cycle is as follows: -

week 1-5 40mg ed dbol
    week 1-10 400mg week deca

Questions . . .

1. Am I right in thinking I should wait a week after my last shot of deca before I start hcg ?

2. I'm probably gonna start Nolva mid cycle as an anti-e (20mg ed). Do I continue on the same dosage for say three weeks after my hcg or do I increase/decrease dosage?

Comments/experiences would be useful.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    1) I would take the HCG a week after your last shot of deca maybe even your second week. (I have heard that you don't want to take the HCG with your clomid/nolva, it will reduce the effects of the anti e getting your LH back) The reason I say second week is because Deca stays in your system for a long time and you don't want to start an anti e on deca before 3 weeks after you last shot.

2) There is no reason to start Nolva in the middle of you cycle unless you start getting signs of too much estrogen (gyno, way too much water gain.....) You will not be getting the most out of your cycle if you do this (estrogen helps gain some mass during a cycle) plus you will be wasting mony on Nolva for no reason.

As for you post cycle nolva start it 3 weeks after last injection and run it for 4 weeks, that is the standard I have seen, for clomid at least, while on deca. Hope this helps. Do a little bit more research before you start your cycle bro it will pay off in the end.

Pain

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    pain is right on point, no point in starting the nolva mid cycle, does nothing for progest/prolactin induced gyno that is trademark for fina/deca , and again as i've said 100s of times now, hcg is worthless imo, use clomid, its cheap, reliable, and effective...if you do decide to ues hcg use it for a week or so 2-4 weeks after your last deca shot just to sensitize your leydig cell so they'll be more receptive to the LH stimulated by your anti-e...good luck

thnx for the feedback.

Pain, i did loads of research (can you not tell from my post being just about right?). but i'm the sort of person who is always a little paranoid and will always check with my peers before going ahead with something.

the reason i said that i'm probably gonna start nolva is because i've been prone to gyno in the past (caused by dbol ) and i'm betting that i'll start to feel sore in the nips in a week or so.

so my question remains - does anyone have any idea how much nolva i should take post cycle. or should i just continue 20mg a day nolva and throw some clomid into the mix?

tia

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by FedSki
    thnx for the feedback.

Pain, i did loads of research (can you not tell from my post being just about right?).
    tia
    That is why I said do a LITTLE BIT MORE! I know you have been around the board and done some posts. But everyone can benefit from a little more research. Nothing personal bro.

As for taking the nolva during the cycle, IMO I think a liquidex or Arimidex would be better if you are prone to gyno. Arimidex mechanism of action -- blocking conversion of aromatizable steroids to estrogen -- is in contrast to the mechanism of action of anti-estrogens such as clomiphene (Clomid) or tamoxifen (Nolvadex ), which block estrogen receptors in some tissues, and activate estrogen receptors in others. I think this will be better because your body will still be able to get some estrogen in it, but not enough to cause gyno. Does this make sense?
    I think this way might be a little more expensive, I am not sure though I didn't calc it out.

For post cycle on Nolva (I have never used it so maybe a more knowledgable bro can step in on this one....) I have heard to run it like the standard clomid post cycle 300/100/50 which I am sure you know of. But drop the dosage for Nolva to 120/40/20 (same ratios)

Finally, personally if you do run Nolva through your cycle I would use clomid post cycle. The reason I say this is because my body seems to get used to things very quickly and their effects decrease. Post cycle is very important and I would not want to use something that my body has gotten use to.

Hope this helps.

Pain
    Last edited by painintheazz; 02-01-2003 at 03:11 PM.

Ok. Thanks bro. I don't think my source has any Armidex but I'll check. If I need to use nolva mid cycle I'll go for clomid post cycle. As I have loads of nolva ready i hope to use that post cycle (lets hope i don't get nip twinges). Is there anyone out there that has used nolva post cycle and has some more info? Although I've looked I can't seem to find anything that gives post cycle dosages.

Thread Information