Slypknot is offline Member

Rotator Cuff and juicing

Howdy folks - back again to consult the pro's...

I've got some wicked rotator cuff pain in my left shoulder... military press and flat bar bench presses are right out - give me serious pain.

I'm currently beginning my 2nd week of a 10 week cycle and am curious if anyone else has had similar rotator issues and how the juice affected em. I'm going to start doing some rotator exercises tmrw and keep with it - but I fear that the deca I'm starting will remove the pain to the point where I'm hurting myself and not knowing it with shoulder training...

Any advice?

Matt Foley is offline Member
    i feel for you bro,an injury can put a serious damper on your cycle and your plans.a rotator cuff is notrhing to mess with.my best advice is to try a mild anti-inflamatory and get some rest.if you can lift at all take it easy.keep us posted.

mf

It's actually not 'that' bad I suppose... I only get affected when I bench press using flat bar or I do military press... everything else is fine.

So far I've gotten around this by working my chest using cables...and if I do a flat bench I use dumbells so I can keep my hands parallel to my body (unlike a flat bar where they are not).

I'm hoping that the deca and rotator exercises will help strengthen it... but since this is my first cycle ever I don't know how it affects muscle pain. I know when I've had enough in the gym now (get the shooting pain running down the top of my left arm) and just hope that 6 weeks into Deca I will still be able to tell when that shoulder has had enough prior to injury...

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem with my rotator cup when doing bench. It's a really painful feeling! Once the deca kicks in, it will help it out. I don't get pains anymore.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Not enough people incorporate a rotator cuff exercise into their routine. I start every shoulder day with a warmup, then light stretching, and then a rotator exercise. My problems went away the minute I started treating the rotator cuff as an area I wanted to strengthen rather than an area that just needed a warmup.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Not enough people incorporate a rotator cuff exercise into their routine. I start every shoulder day with a warmup, then light stretching, and then a rotator exercise. My problems went away the minute I started treating the rotator cuff as an area I wanted to strengthen rather than an area that just needed a warmup.
    I'm curious about which excercises you used to work on the rotator. Please share!

Matt Foley is offline Member
    Originally posted by rampage76

I'm curious about which excercises you used to work on the rotator. Please share!
    good question,the windmill?

I've been doing the following rotator exercises that I found here

http://familydoctor.org/handouts/265.html

They seem to be doing the trick already...unless maybe that's the D kicking in..hehe

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    deca hleps only in joint pains ,not muscle pains like cuff injuries !

big n, I don't know whether the deca helped it out for sure. but I used to have rotator cup pains until I started my test/deca cycle and have had none since. probably due to it getting stronger, but there was a big difference between before and after the deca inclusive cycle

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by rampage76
    Not sure if it has a name, but it goes like this:

Sit on the floor next to a flat bench and put your elbow on the bench so that your arm is directly out to the side, and bend 90 degrees at the elbow so that your fist is facing the ceiling. Now grab a light dumbell (I use 10-15 lbs) and lower the weight forward until your fist is facing the wall in front of you (90 degree rotation). Then rotate back to where you started, making sure that your elbow remains planted during the entire rep. Do it slow and do 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps for each arm. I then proceed to the 3rd exercise from HERE using heavier weights.

Remember, the goal isn't to increase the size of the rotator cuff. You want strength so take it easy and max out with lighter weights.

Thread Information