Thread: lower back pain

tolinka is offline Senior Member

lower back pain

Damnit...

Gor the last week or so ive been having a some pain in the lower back. Its not that bad but it feels very weak every time i bend over or sometimes turn around. I have never had a problem like that before. On saturday i wanted to start doing deadlifts, however i decided not to do it because of the pain...

Oh damn...wrong forum...my bad

chinups Guest
    My advice would do make sure you stretch and do it often. Second you may want to go to chiropractor, some people say its not good but maybe just a couple of visits can do the trick, plus they take X rays.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    Im having the same problem. LIke a cramping that wont stop! 1st week on the gear, drinking plenty of water and stretching it out, but it still there. We'll see how she holds up in the gym today. They say this is common with gear. BIG-G

But i'm not on gear BIG-G

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I have rods and screws in my lower back (2 level fusion) and my back feels better on gear than off.
    I think I've heard people talk about low back pain from d-bol , but don't quote me on that. My chiro. always tells me how important it is to stretch my hamstrings before any kind of work out........even if I'm not working out always stretch them in the morning. Because there are muscles that go all the way from your back down to your hamstrings.

web03 is offline Associate Member
    I had problems with my lower back a while ago. My problem was that i wasn't doing enough good mornings.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    on or off,lower back pumps are painful as hell.i usually have to pace myself during leg day.

I really hurts if i try to sit straight...i can feel it my spine hurting...oh god its killing me

Originally posted by web03
    I had problems with my lower back a while ago. My problem was that i wasn't doing enough good mornings.
    IMO...those things "WILL" give you a bad back ......real quick. Doing back extensions are way better for the lower back...just don't "hyper" extend.

Originally posted by tolinka
    I really hurts if i try to sit straight...i can feel it my spine hurting...oh god its killing me
    I've got ES vicodin sittin right here just for that purpose.......sorry bro , didn't mean to make your mouth water Call the Doc and get hooked up.

I think i know what might be the problem causing it, ive been taking accutane for almost 4 weeks and ive read that it can cause joints and muscle pains. I did a search on google and went to groups, alot of comments there about lowet back paing while on accutane, the reason mine is sterange bacause i havnt been long on it at all, most of the sude effects sufferers used over 2-3 months till the pain started.

Here's and intresting info:

Accutane has raised my phosphorous levels from the second month through the
    fifth month above the normal range. My doctor does not seem to care (as usual)
    and so I did my own research and found out that high phosphorous levels are
    often related to abnormal bone growth.

A while back there were some posts about back pain on accutane being related to
    the fact that the drug often deforms the spinal column-causing
    overcalcification of the spine. This in turn causes pain- in some cases- that
    may persist well afer the drug is discontinued. I experienced back pain from
    the second through the fifth month and told my doctor about this. He didn't
    seem to think it was important.

The elevated phosphorous levels combined with the back pain suggest to me that
    I am suffering from the irreversible side effect of spinal hyperostosis- which
    according to the PDR happened in some 3 out of 5 patients tested (something
    like that, the sample size was rediculously small). I told my doctor that I
    did not want to risk this happening because of the potential of living in
    life-long pain. (I would rather live with the acne) but he didn't think I
    should stop the drug. This is very upsetting, as I now apparantly have an
    irreversable bone condition

Good Luck tolinka...........I feel your pain bro. Alot of bro's here have been and still are right where you are at.

thanks bro, hopefully it will be over soon...if not ill seek some profesional help...usualy i ignore problems like this, but this one is a pain

barbell2 is offline New Member
    hey bro---just got done with an mri for the same problem...mri came back negative... if the pain is about 4 inches above your waist, and maybe 3 inches or so to the left or right of your spine, it's probably your fecet...it's a very tiny joint... i screwed mine up and it causes my lower back to kill, so much that it's hard to stand or do cardio, have to wear a belt to even lift...been doing ultrasound and some other things.. if it sounds like that, email me at [email protected] and i'll go into what i do, took about 2 weeks to even get it back...
    hope this helps
    later bro
    barbell2

It feels like the spine itself is hurting, but sometimes the sides of it also feel like they are gonna break...i cant really explain it. Its hard for me to stretch the back backwards...if i lean forward i feel better...when i walk i feel like i need some support for it...very strange and painfull feeling.

Thanks

There is always a test called a discogram that you could take , If it comes to this , but there no fun.

psleez65 is offline Junior Member
    Bro go see a Dr. I'm sceduled for back surgury April 9th. Bulging at L5,both scianatic nerves pinched. Problem happened a year ago @ work.During deca cycles, no problem (of course) and probally exasperated it. They will go in & try the discogram, if that can't work,fusion. Your lower back is nothing to waste time guessing about.Not quite sure about your pain but mine is like ICEPICKS to the sides of my spine.Can't work,limited workouts & heavily medicated.Can't wait to get it overwith.
    Good Luck

Wierd...

Yesterday I was doing squats. My back didnt hurt while doing the first set. I started feeling something on the third, it wasnt paing though. After the third set I pulled the bar up and straigthened my back and then I felt some pain...It was just hard to keep my back straight, so I decided to lie down on a bench for a second to flatten it...then it hit my!
    It was painfull for me to lie flat on the bench, I had to bring my knees to my chest couple of times to make it feel better...it did but only for a few seconds. After the whole workout it didnt hurt all night, until I got into bed and layed flat on my bak again, but it wasnt as bad as at the gym after a while I got used to it and fell asleep.

I had back pains before, for a day or two but it was totally diffrent, it felt like i just had cramps. What I have now hurts the spine itself...from my tail boe(or whatever its called) to about 5-6 inches to the top of it.

Thread Information