Lil 1 is offline Junior Member

Does steroid usage help to cure tendonitis?

The fact that doctors can use a steroid (cortisone I think) injection to reduce inflammation in tendons brings up the question of if using injectable aas would help to cure tendonitis any faster than not using injectable aas? Any takers?? Thank you

MuscleCommand is offline Junior Member
    Deca will ease joint pain.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I have used deca , npp, eq, huge doses of hgh and the only thing that cures tendonitis is time off/ All those compounds help but wont cure it IMO.

ThatGuyYeahHim is offline Associate Member
    Out of curiosity what sort of dosage and for how long should you be running it?
    My knowledge of deca is limited. Wasnt planning on jumping on it... just years ago I got tendonitis and was curious what sort of dose youd need and how long for.

If you were using it on its own, would you experience a gain in muscle growth? (sorry, have done no research on deca, just read posts about it).

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyYeahHim View Post
    Out of curiosity what sort of dosage and for how long should you be running it?
    My knowledge of deca is limited. Wasnt planning on jumping on it... just years ago I got tendonitis and was curious what sort of dose youd need and how long for.

If you were using it on its own, would you experience a gain in muscle growth? (sorry, have done no research on deca, just read posts about it).

All I will say is you need to research it alittle, deca cannot be run by itself.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    I have used deca, npp, eq, huge doses of hgh and the only thing that cures tendonitis is time off/ All those compounds help but wont cure it IMO.
    yep, wise words

ThatGuyYeahHim is offline Associate Member
    All I will say is you need to research it alittle, deca cannot be run by itself.
    Was just curious for some general information.

We're all here to learn. Since Im not interested in deca right now Im sticking to mastering (or at least learning all i can) about what I take. Read lots about deca on this site for join problems etc so was just throwing a question out there.

Sorry if I gave the impression I was planning to start a cycle on deca alone, or even to use it. Its just a general question.

HOLLYWOOD85 is offline Associate Member
    I have used deca, npp, eq, huge doses of hgh and the only thing that cures tendonitis is time off/ All those compounds help but wont cure it IMO.
    I totally agree. By taking aas you will probably only worsen the inflammation. The types of steroids your speaking of work in a totally different way than that of cortisone injections. And even if you do get cortisone injections they will only temporary relieve the pain. Where is your tendonitis?

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    Yes, cortisone will reduce the inflammation and most of the time thats enough of a jump to start the healing process. HGH, Deca , EQ, Anavar and other compounds helps to increase collagen synthesis in the joints. Like cortisone, the 8 to 12 weeks of extra lubrication in the joint soft tissue could be enough to start the healing process. Test at 500mg tends to "dryout" the collagen in the joints. I'm on a HGH, Anavar, 200mg/wk Test cycle for 8 weeks. My goal is to get some relief in my knee and hip joints as well as get leaner. It's been a week and no significant improvement. I'm hoping I'll feel the benefits beginning in week 3 or week 4.

rj90 is offline Associate Member
    Im going to use deca soon in my next cycle because i also experienced tendonitis in my last test cycle. The inflammation got severe and i refused to take cortisone. I had to stop my cycle half way and refused to take cortisone injections. Im back in the gym and training hard and my elbows have recovered. I do take 6gs of fish oils a day and 3g of glucosamine and i think that helps alot i would give it a try if i were you.

Someguy123 is offline Member
    deca will help with joint pain, not tendon pain. and in my experience, steroids will make your tendons worse. as a matter of fact, ive been out of the gym for over a week now, because i had bursitis so bad, i couldnt even move my right shoulder.

but every time i go on cycle, my elbow tendons become extremely painful. and when you start lifting more weight, as you become stronger on cycle, it only worsens it.

Lots of interesting responses here. Thanks. I'll talk to my Doc about cortisone and definately continue resting my shoulder.

My physiotherapist determined I have rotator tendonitis. anterior region of my left shoulder.

rj90 is offline Associate Member
    start taking some glucosamine and fish oils. have plenty of rest and make sure ur ask ur physio for some excersises you can do to help reduce the inflammation. It is also very important to do all ur stretches before lifting weights. this being said, do not start lifting until u r better! and if u do decide to use anabolics i would add some deca even a dose of 100mg/p.w would help alot...Someone mentioned that deca wll not help tendons, infact many members have had tendonitis and deca has improved the pain alot. Deca is not a easy compound to use as it has many unwanted side effects. Im planning on using it in my next cycle because of tendonitis but doing alot of research before i start.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Remember all steroids are not the same. Cortisone can/will cause more problems if it's used more than 3x I believe.

Whinny can dry out your tendons.

Deca eases joint pain in some people due to water retention

Thread Information