Complete novice is offline Associate Member

What should i do?

Hello all,

I`ve been training for a long time now (8 years) on and off without any serious results, and for the past 2 years i`ve been none stop training 4 days a week. i also keep an eye on my cals and keep my protein intake up (i have posted my diet many times and it has been fine).

So i`m now 32 and have never taken anything before and am wondering what i should take if anything?

I have stalled to be honest, i have long term injurys to my knee and shoulder, i lift heavy put nothing like some of you guys do.. Ie squat 120kg, bench 100kg, deadlift 140kg...

Just wanted a bit of advice really...training is a hobby for me i sometimes go to the gym 3 times a day (cardio/boxing/weights) but i dont seam to be getting the results i want...this is the only reason i`m considering taking anything...

thanks for any advice

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    What are you stats?
    ht
    wt
    bf?

How much cardio and other aerobic activities do you engage in?

hi thanks for replying.

5`11, 240lb (stayed this weight for as long as i can remember) at a guess 20% ( i have shape but no definition if tht makes sense)

For the past 2 months been doing weights 4 times a week stronglifts 5x5, i do an hour on the crosstrainer 4 times a week (i put my weight in and burn 750-800 cals in the hour) i also do boxing training twice a week (pad work/skipping/ab work). i dont compete in any other sport tho.

I dont use to much energy in my job as a sparky either.

thanks for any help.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Diet
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?

I would start there for a solid 6 more months and come back and who us your progress

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i would repost your diet. If you are doing all that and are 20% something isnt correct

7am - cardio

8am - 2 scoops whey + 3 scoops oats + teaspoon flax seed oil + milk.

11am - phd 6 hour blend 2 scoops + water,

1pm - tuna salad

3 - 4pm - turkey salad on granery

5pm - weights routine

6-6.30pm - reflex whey protein 2 scoops + 20g glucose,

7.30pm - some sort of beef +green beans/asparagus/brocilli

9 -10pm - cottage cheese...

11 - 12 - bed

before you ask me what macros they are i did it on fitday but cannot log on due to forgetting my password

I eat this 6 days a week and sunday i`ll eat abit slacker kind of a cheat day but still good foods...

i only drink alcahol once maybe twice a month tops, dont do drugs of any kind, and have had a total bloods and health check from my doctors to make sure i`m in good working order...all came back absolutley fine...

thanks for any help

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Not many carbs in that diet. How long have you been on it? I would like to see the breakdown, but it looks very low in carbs.

been on tht for as long as i can remember, i try to keep the carbs for when i need them - in the morn and before the gym, and use the gloucose for after the gym aswell, on a sunday i eat more carbs and always have some sort of roast tea. honestly i have tried everything to get the body i want apart from "the juice" to be honest i`d prefer not to... but nothing seams to work for me...

thanks for any help and i`ll get the breakdown done again when i get time...
    Last edited by Complete novice; 06-10-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Thread Information