Vabigboy is offline New Member

Help : Recommend AS cycle for a 40 yr. old

Please help recommending a cycle for me ..

I am 40 years old , 6'4 tall , 260 lbs with a 15 - 16 % BF..... I workout 5 days a week and try to eat 2500 - 3000 calories a day , at least 250 grams of PROT. , 200 - 250 grams of carbs and try to keep the fat under 50 grams a day...

Looking to put on more size , BUT don't want to give up my sex drive , increase it if possible also don't want to get too bloated since summer is just around the corner ...

I haven't been on any juice for the last 10 years , so I have been out of it for a while ... So please help steer me in the right direction........

Thanking you in advance

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    try this...Madmax..

test enathate or cyponate 400mg (1-10)
    deca 300mg (1-10)
    clomid post cycle

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Well at 6'4 260 I would think your calories need to be way up from that even off a cycle.

Example: I'm 5-10 198 and my maintenance is 2500.

Anyhoo for a good sex drive mass cycle, I would suggest
    Wks1-4 75mgProp ED
    Wks1-12 400mg EQ
    Wks1-13 500mg Test Enan

or
    Wks1-4 75mg Prop ED
    Wks1-12 300mg Decca
    Wks1-13 500mg Enan

or
    Wks1-4 50mg Prop ED
    Wks1-6 50mg Fina ED
    Wks1-12 350mg EQ
    Wks1-13 500mg Enan

As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of orals. If you wanted you could throw dbols(which I despise unless bridging) for the first 4wks instead of prop.

How many cycles have you done.

With all but the fina cycle, you'll need your Nolva and clomid
    With the Fina cycle, I'd suggest the two ancilleries above plus Bromocriptine.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Hey Vabigboy....any of those ideas mentioned are good cycles...The deca cycles will shut you down, but give you solid gains. The EQ cyles won't shut you down as much although the gains will come a little slower. Welcome back...good luck.

Thanks Guys for answering so quickly ... I appreicate the information.

Pheedno :
    I haven't been on a cycle for over 10 years now... But from the age of 25 - 28 , I did several cycles but only used either DBOL and Test enan. or Test cyp... At that time you could get the gear in any decent gym but the knowledge was very limited .. With getting on the web and seeing all thats available and looking at different cycles people are running , it gets very confusing.......
    I took off lifting for about 5 years , but have been back at it for close to 2 years now... And the reason I am trying to keep my calories between 2500 - 3000 is to try and lose a little fat around my stomach area ..
    Thanks again..............................

sOuLkRuShA is offline Junior Member
    ONE OF THE THINGS I WOULD DEFINATELY WORK ON IS UPING THE CALORIE INTAKE ALONG WITH THE PROTEIN A GOOD RULE OF THUMB IS USUALLY 2-2.5 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER LBS. TO UP YOUR CALORIC INTAKE LOOK TO SOMETHING LIKE NLARGE FROM PROLAB OR XXL FROM ABBHIGH PROTEIN/HIGH CALORIES.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    You're a pretty big dude....
    I like MadMax's spit infact I'm currently on

200mg enanthate e/4th/day 1-11
    200mg deca e/4th/day 1-11
    50mg propioate e/day 1-2/5-6/8-9
    nolvadex 20mg e/d 1-16
    provirion I haven't gotten yet

cals: heavy days 5000, light days 4000-4500

With your size though... deca's rule of thumb is 2mg per lb of body weight a minimum. I would gauge your initail progress but possibly bump the mg for deca and enanthate up 100mg and bump the prop up another 50mg, looking at my cycle.

300mg e/4th/day or 600mg a week
    300mg e/4th/day or 600mg week
    100mg e/d 1-2/5-6/8-9
    nolva- during & after
    provirion-during & after

You big guys are a different breed... You should get some advice from another big boy and see what type of minimum dose they have taking, just for a comparison...
    Last edited by mmaximus25; 02-06-2003 at 06:13 PM.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by mmaximus25
    You're a pretty big dude....
    I like MadMax's spit infact I'm currently on

200mg enanthate e/4th/day 1-11
    200mg deca e/4th/day 1-11
    50mg propioate e/day 1-2/5-6/8-9
    nolvadex 20mg e/d 1-16
    provirion I haven't gotten yet

cals: heavy days 5000, light days 4000-4500

i chose the low doses for him because it's been 10 years since he's cycled last...his test is already at a low point due to his age...so i figured a moderate dose of deca and test would be effective for him...just incase anyone was wondering about my reasoning behind the low doses and not suggesting prop....Madmax..

Longhorn is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    Well at 6'4 260 I would think your calories need to be way up from that even off a cycle.

Example: I'm 5-10 198 and my maintenance is 2500.

Anyhoo for a good sex drive mass cycle, I would suggest
    Wks1-4 75mgProp ED
    Wks1-12 400mg EQ
    Wks1-13 500mg Test Enan

With all but the fina cycle, you'll need your Nolva and clomid
    With the Fina cycle, I'd suggest the two ancilleries above plus Bromocriptine.
    First off at 6-4 260# you are going to have to up your calories to gain size. I'm 5-9 200# and eat 3500-4000 k/day when on cycle.

With that said, I like Pheedno's first option. I'm 40+, have done this cycle and would highly recommend it for your goals.

Peace

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    arent 13 week cycles long pheedno?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by gettinthere
    arent 13 week cycles long pheedno?
    Not incredibly. I would consider 10/11-12/13(Anabolic compound/Testosterone ) the the norm for a moderate cycle.

Now if this was his first cycle ever, I would suggest the 10/11 wk cycle instead.

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    At 40, you will want to include test in your cycle as your test levels are in decline. I am 37 and see a huge difference with Enanthate at as little as 250mg/5D. Be careful with Deca , Fina and others that will shut down your HPTA hard. Long cycles with those compounds can shut you down permanently, requiring life-long HRT.

The Prop/EQ/Enth cycle looks good.

Hey Guys , Thanks so much for all the replies ...
    I will up my calories to between 3000 - 3500 and also up the protein ( try to take in 300 - 325 grams a day )...
    Durning my yearly checkup I had the doctor pull my blood and check my test level.... It was 336 ..... So she is going to start me on some test next week ( injections ), so I want to see how much and how often before I start a cycle , BUT I told her I was planning on it and she didn't seeem to have a problem with it , BUT would not supply me with the additional stuff I want to go on ..LOL....
    I will keep you'll informed .......
    Thanks again

Thread Information