dlambe5 is offline New Member

What is going on?

i have been workin out for about 2 years straight. Well during my semester break i couldnt workout because i had to work two jobs to pay for certain things. I started back workin out around January 6th and yes i realize that im gonna be a little weaker but it seems like every week now im getting weaker and weaker as the weeks progress. (even weaker than the first week i started back) I am starting to get frustrated. i was wonder if this ever happened to anyone or am i just a the lucky one this happens to?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, are u trying to do the same workout routine from before u stopped? If u are trying to over due it thats where ur problem is. Give us ur stats and workout routine and diet. Thats a good place to start.

OG

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    hey bro,
    whats your diet look like? are you getting plenty of rest? have you changed your training regimen drastically?
    you ARE going to be weaker for a time, but you should be back in the groove in a couple of months at the longest, provided your consistent with all of the above.

peace bb79

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe you're trying to push yourself too hard? After a layoff most people see a fairly quick jump back to previous strength levels, if not a bit of a breakthrough past them. However, if they are forced to take a month off and then resume their workout intensities and volumes immediately, I suspect it could contribute to the phenomenon you're mentioning. Also, was the time off entirely and literally "off"? I'm speaking in terms of diet and lifestyle here, as the few people who have trouble off of a layoff generally treated it as a total layoff, using the not working out factor as an excuse to eat unhealthily, drink and generally eschew the entirety of the bodybuilding lifestyle.

EDIT: crap, while i'm typing my sage-like advice two guys beat me to the punch and make it look like i'm a post-thief.

G-S Guest
    Good news is that muscle has memory. It should come back rarely fast, if you are training correctly and eating enough.

Good luck.

yes im doing the same workout routine as i was before but im doing lighter weight to get back into things but when i try to go up in weight it seems like i burn out fast.

Im 6ft 192bs

my routine is
    monday-chest
    tuesday-back
    wednesday-off
    thursday-bis & tris
    friday-shoulders and traps
    saturday-legs
    sunday-off

So, i just need to give it more time?
    Last edited by dlambe5; 02-07-2003 at 02:19 PM.

Originally posted by dlambe5
    yes im doing the same workout routine as i was before but im doing lighter weight to get back into things but when i try to go up in weight it seems like i burn out fast.

Im 6ft 192bs

my routine is
    monday-chest
    tuesday-back
    wednesday-off
    thursday-bis & tris
    friday-shoulders and traps
    saturday-legs
    sunday-off

So, i just need to give it more time?
    Hey bro, whats ur diet like. If u dont eat allot u wont have any energy. Lets look there...

OG

i eat about 3500 - 4000 calories, sometimes more depends if im really hungry

Originally posted by dlambe5
    i eat about 3500 - 4000 calories, sometimes more depends if im really hungry
    Ok bro if thats the case then im leaning towards over training or trying to do to much to fast. Hang in there and give it a month or two. Good luck!

OG

thanks for the help and support

Thread Information