Big Rhino is offline Junior Member

Angry Unbearable pain!!

Went to the gym today to do arms but I have had this nagging pain (no not the wife!) in my bi's it goes from the middle down to the forearm on the outside. So I start of with close grip bench 4 sets and push down for 2 sets, I could only get 2 out because then pain was unbearable I felt like I was going to puke. So I stopped training and came home before I go to the Doc's I thought I would see if anyone else has or had this problem. It does'nt feel like a muscle injury but rather a tendon. Any thoughts?

RHINO

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, iv been fighting the same thing. Its a sharp intense pain from my elbow down the outside of my forearm. Im thinking its either tendonitis or a stress fracture in my forarm. Benching doesnt really bother it but curls kill me..errrrr What i do is ice it after every workout and 50mgs of vioxx ed....Good luck bro!

OG

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    bicep tendonitis.or maybe a spur !

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i had tendinitis in my forearm caused from crew back in high school...the only thing u can do is take some anti-inflammatories and it will get better...however, mine comes back moderately now and again and it has progressed to the same situation you have mentioned. i thought it was joint pain but my doctor said it was that the tendinitis has developed in the forearm/bicep. it sucks bad bro, i know the feeling all too well

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    I had gotten the same thing about two years ago from doing HAMMER CURLS>.. definitely a tendon thing... you have to lay off it for a long time..... LOTS OF IBUPROFEN (ADVIL) and try high dosages of Glucosamine/Chondroitin . If must train... low weight...wrap it..... I was about to try acupuncture, but then it started healing...

Y

Thanks for the info fellas, much appreciated.

RHINO

teampain is offline Junior Member
    my doc told me either 800mgs of ibprophrine or steroids (haha). but he really did say that steroids would help it. no joke.Go see your orthopedic and i bet he tells you the same.

Monka is offline New Member
    I would also have to say tendentitis, Garbage, I have it also!!
    I try to warm up a little longer than usuall, when working out, as to try to make it feel better, before I train hard,

But seriously IMO, I'd take a LITTLE time off to get your self back together, as it's hard to train and have that pain at the same time.

Take Care bro
    Get better
    Monka

web03 is offline Associate Member
    I've had the exact same thing. I tried taking time off and it still bothers me when doing barbell curls. Its alright for everything else. If you figure out how to get rid of the pain clue me on it.
    Good luck

Web

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, i got it too. Have it since i was 16. more in one arm then the other. My friends dad who is a doc told me back than that the problem is the tendon cuz of the stree but most importantly, our muscles and thier strenght grow way quicker than the tendon causing it to be too weak and the stress damages it. I wrap my wrist wrap higher on my forearm before curls. I also lay the bar down, and release it slowly, have fun

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by teampain
    my doc told me either 800mgs of ibprophrine or steroids(haha). but he really did say that steroids would help it. no joke.Go see your orthopedic and i bet he tells you the same.
    Cortico steroids are not the same as anabolic steroids - quite the oppostie. Cortico steroids are used as an extreme anti inflamatory - but they raise blood cortisol levels big time, not good.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I'm not sure if it's the same pain bro, but i've been having something pretty bad for probably 6 months now. Problem is it comes and goes so I have no idea what it is.

It's also USUALLY my left hand, sometimes right (rarely). And for me it's a pain from the WRIST to the ELBOW. It's a weird pain, almost like a BONE pain. Not muscle either, like yours. So i'm also curious. It hasn't happened lately, so I'm wondering if it was just something temp. like the way i'm holding the bar, etc... Not sure

Maybe I should see a doctor toooo

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Ternix, mine feels like i is the bone as well, at least if ya try to push on your arm to find the pain. I was still told that this is the tendon, i guess it runs along the bone or something

Dick, I think I'll try that trick with some naprasin(spelling sucks I went for phonetic spelling) on Monday. Tuesday I have a doc appt. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the input.

RHINO

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    By steroids he meant anti-inflammatory cortico-steroids. NOT AAS. Also, ibuprofen completely inhibits protein synthesis for about 24 hours. No sense in even training.

-SF

this really suck!!!!

Just got back from the Docters and I was told that I have a strained muscle I don't remember the name of it but it's the one that runs below your bicep and tricep on the outside of your arm into your forearm. Says the only way to heal is plenty of rest and 7-14 days off from the gym and (ready for this?) anywhere from 16-2400 mgs of ibuprofin 2-3 times a day.So I asked "does Ibuprofen inhibit protien synthisis" He said it does'nt. I've been off for 4 days I think thats enough time. Don't you Thanx for all the input.

RHINBO

PHATCAT is offline Associate Member
    give it some more time you will thankyour self down the road. I did somthing similar was using a max out rutine on bench making great gains on my last cycle but I got a little stuppid and was arm wrestling screwing around did somthing to my tendon I think I just over stressed it I did notice untill my next heavy sesion with the bench I was In so much pain after that bench I went home only completing 3 sets for shit I gave it like 4 weeks off no joke came back no pain ever again and Im back to my maxout sets.. Thank god

Thread Information