Slypknot is offline Member

Tough time asperating...

Quick one for ya bro's...

When asperating (have only done my glutes so far) is it normal for it to be as hard to pull the plunger as when trying to load sust (thick as tar)? I'm using a 23gx1 needle so this may something to it...

I'm hoping that it's tough to pull the plunger if you're in the right spot as I'd assume if blood got in the inj then it'd be easier to pull on... so far no red but I'm knocking on wood....

Slyp

bellx1 is offline New Member
    YES ... if you were in a vien it would pull back easy and you would see the blood right away... you will get use to how it feels in time. Just make sure to inject slow and steady and warm your gear !!!

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    if you do hit a vein you will often see blood enter the syringe before you aspirate . remember pull the needle out, eject the blood and start again.

Slypknot is offline Member
    Makes sense... I was just wondering only because my experience asperating seems to be when pulling on the plunger it acts like I'm trying to pull something thick through it... nothing comes in except a couple bubbles (probably from where the pin screws onto the syringe) and when I let the plunger go it drops back down as the suction is removed...

Didn't know if it should be easy to pull on or if I should see some liquid come in from my muscle...so better safe than sorry!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You are suposed to see the bubbles come into the syringe when you aspirate and then when you let it go they go back into muscle.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner

i've posted on this subject before

i've posted on this subject before. here's what is said . . .

I asked a mate of mine about this problem (he's a haematologist and his wife's a medical doctor). The bubbles are usually one of two things - fluid from your muscle or air dragged into the syringe via the plunger or needle attachment.

If the bubbles are really small he reckons it won't matter much if you inject into the muscle. I wouldn't take the risk with larger bubbles.

Thread Information