can steroids shut down ones testosterone permanently?

I've been reading some of these posts about people taking about how they might eventually have to be on TRT even with proper pct and cycles permanently due to the steroids causing a permanently low testosterone and this scares me quite a bit... Anyways although while there certainly is proof that steroids can shut you down for a long time certainly a few years... Is there any hard evidence that it can be permanent? I've had yet to read a study that showed proof of this, "I've never heard of any x Mr. Olympias needing trt for the rest of their life. If it is possibly though that it can shut down ones testosterone permanently or at least lower it permanently, how common is this? is it still a pretty rare occurence?

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    Bro just stick around here for awhile and you will find out there are a lot of people
    on trt

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson1968 View Post
    Bro just stick around here for awhile and you will find out there are a lot of people
    on trt
    yeah i suppose but, do you think that's because they used to take steroids ? or because there on TRT for unrelated reasons and thats why they come here?

I do not like the idea at all at being on TRT for life

1. Its expensive as hell, totally overpriced..
    2. I don't like the idea of having to put a hormone in my body for the rest of my life at all.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhero d-bolman View Post
    yeah i suppose but, do you think that's because they used to take steroids ? or because there on TRT for unrelated reasons and thats why they come here?

2. I don't like the idea of having to put a hormone in my body for the rest of my life at all.
    Abuse of steroids can put you on the fast track to going on TRT but its a hit or miss kind of thing. Some people do a ton of cycles with little time off and still recover fine while some people can do just a couple cycles a year and their test levels never fully recover.

At some point irregardless of steroid use , your testosterone is going to get low and you'll get symptoms of Andropause . After about 25-30 years of age your testosterone levels get lower and lower every year. Even if I never used steroids I'd still go on TRT when I got older just to keep a high quality of life and good physical condition. If you are afraid of price and one day are eligible to go on TRT cause of low testosterone and want to avoid the illegal aspect of it, you can go to a doc, get a prescription for it and then just buy underground lab Test as it is SUPER CHEAP.

If you don't like the idea of putting a hormone in your body for the rest of your life then when you get old and don't go on TRT, your quality of life is going to most likely suck for the rest of your life. So you have to pick between feeling like crap for your last few decades or injecting test once a week and feeling and looking great for the remainder of your life. Not a hard choice to me.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhero d-bolman View Post

Plain and simple answer is YES.

This is why we dont suggest cycles for people who are under 24 becasue at any age it can shutdown your natural production and you may never regain it. I would never want to lose it at 20 when one is still developing and still has a lot ahead of them

Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    Abuse of steroids can put you on the fast track to going on TRT but its a hit or miss kind of thing. Some people do a ton of cycles with little time off and still recover fine while some people can do just a couple cycles a year and their test levels never fully recover.

At some point irregardless of steroid use , your testosterone is going to get low and you'll get symptoms of Andropause . After about 25-30 years of age your testosterone levels get lower and lower every year. Even if I never used steroids I'd still go on TRT when I got older just to keep a high quality of life and good physical condition. If you are afraid of price and one day are eligible to go on TRT cause of low testosterone and want to avoid the illegal aspect of it, you can go to a doc, get a prescription for it and then just buy underground lab Test as it is SUPER CHEAP.

If you don't like the idea of putting a hormone in your body for the rest of your life then when you get old and don't go on TRT, your quality of life is going to most likely suck for the rest of your life. So you have to pick between feeling like crap for your last few decades or injecting test once a week and feeling and looking great for the remainder of your life. Not a hard choice to me.
    I probably will get on trt when i get older like 30 or 40 but i want it to be for natural reasons, not because i put a needle into my ass when i was in college.

Thread Information